/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does Qur'an say about people who are not happy with their gender?

White Rose
07-21-2009, 01:39 AM
People who dont like what gender that they are born in are known as transexual. What does Quran or Islam say about that? I tried searching the forum, but couldnt find any.
One of my friend is born a female but she keeps on insisting that she wants to become a male. She also acts like males. She is a Muslim and is really confused as to what does Islam say about it. Her main concern is that, does Allah hate people who are like her or does He accept them even though they hate the role they are given in this world?
Please, I really need advice and references for this.
Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_008
07-21-2009, 12:35 PM
:sl:
http://alturl.com/72az
:w:

adil hasnain
07-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Bro the website doesnt work it has * stars in the website name can you try again

Jazakaalah

Ali_008
07-21-2009, 12:53 PM
^^Really? I saw the starts earlier and so I made a short url of it. try again. actually the name of that site is [s u n n i p a t h] and I think those words aren't allowed here (and so I wrote with the spaces). Replace those stars with that name followed by .com

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
White Rose
07-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Ok. Thank you. That was very informative but my question isnt answered completely.
My question is that, is it okay for a woman to act like a man and dress like one? and what about the time when she is praying. Can she stand like a man during prayers.
Also, even though she prays and do good, but acts like a man, will Allah recognize her good deeds or will He not bestow her with all the blessings that he normally bestows on normal woman?
Thank you.

roohani.doctor
07-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Islam clearly states that its not ok for a man to dress like a woman and vice versa (if someone could provide hadith/verse to support plz).

"Can she stand like a man during prayers?" Sorry, but that sounds very wrong. She is praying to Allah subahana wa ta'ala...there has to be dignity and respect and acceptance of herself....she should TRY to stand like a woman and maintain that...

I think her trying to dress/walk/stand etc like a man will slowly lead to other sins...

We have to be happy with what we have and accept it. Allah made us who we are, who are we to change what He gave us?

White Rose
07-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Yes, I agree with you but she has had this problem since she was young and cant get over it.
I mean, she acts like a tomb boy, and she hasnt done anything sinful, like cross dressing, but she has manly behavior. For example, she likes to do work that is meant for men.
Is this behavior okay as long as she doesnt cross the boundries or is it considered wrong by Islam?

AlbanianMuslim
07-21-2009, 09:51 PM
It isnt ok that she wants to be a man, it also is not ok if she prays like a man, or does things that are allowed only for men.

As for doing work that is "mens" work, that depends on what your talking about.

There is a solution to every problem Elhamdullah, Allah swt does not give us any weight that we cannot truly bear. She should pray and fast, and seek Allahs guidance, inshallah your friend will be able to cope with whatever she is struggling with.

GuestFellow
07-21-2009, 10:50 PM
I think the sister is trying to say, is it acceptable for an individual to naturally behave like the opposite gender? If they do not dress like the opposite gender, do not practice homosexuality nor do anything that is against Islamic principles. If they simply behave like the opposite gender because that is how they were at a young age, would this be acceptable in Islam? Is unintentionally behaving like the opposite gender wrong.

I do remember seeing a young boy behaving like a girl...

White Rose
07-22-2009, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I think the sister is trying to say, is it acceptable for an individual to naturally behave like the opposite gender? If they do not dress like the opposite gender, do not practice homosexuality nor do anything that is against Islamic principles. If they simply behave like the opposite gender because that is how they were at a young age, would this be acceptable in Islam? Is unintentionally behaving like the opposite gender wrong.

I do remember seeing a young boy behaving like a girl...
Yes, thank you, that is exactly what I was trying to say. So what do you think? Can she behave like a man but not do anything that are stated above?

alcurad
07-22-2009, 01:47 AM
if she can't help it it's ok, otherwise no.
and men & women stand the same way for prayer, I'm not sure I understood that?

she should just accept herself, and find those who do the same, as in gender might be somewhat blurry for some through no fault of their own, as such it's really a case by case issue, no general rules exist as such.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.