/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fasting before Ramadan?

AlbanianMuslim
07-21-2009, 11:10 PM
I was reading about fasting before Ramadan, as preparation and celebration for the coming month...

can someone provide more info on this that is legitimate. i was thinking of searching online myself, but you never know what is legit and what is made up these days on some sites.

I was also hoping one of the sisters could find out if, a women/girl can fast the number of days she knows she is going to miss during Ramadan for "womens conditions" :-[
Is it ok for them to fast those days before Ramadan? or does it have to be after?

thank you, excuse my ignorance on this matter please im still relatively "new" to islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamad
07-21-2009, 11:24 PM
:salamext:
inshaAllah this can clarify it,if you are pregnant or nursing a child:http://www.islam-qa.com/en/pda/ref/37719

AlbanianMuslim
07-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks brother, but is that file only about women who are pregnant or nursing?
Because thats not the "condition" i speak of. Sorry if this is to "open" of talk but id rather ask here than ask someone in person!

Hamad
07-21-2009, 11:31 PM
:salamext:

I understand. This then might be more helpful inshAllah :http://www.bahagia.btinternet.co.uk/fasting.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-22-2009, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
I was reading about fasting before Ramadan, as preparation and celebration for the coming month...
can someone provide more info on this that is legitimate. i was thinking of searching online myself, but you never know what is legit and what is made up these days on some sites.
Do you mean fasting for welcoming Ramadan ?

I don't see fasting for welcoming Ramadan in sunnah fasting schedule, also I didn't found any hadith about fasting like this.

I think this fasting is an innovation,..... innovated by some people.

Ali_008
07-22-2009, 02:26 PM
:sl:
Fasting not just before Ramadaan but you can fast any part of the year with nafl (voluntary) fasts. In the sunnah, it is encouraged to fast at least three days of a month. Those three days could be any day of a month or you can fast on the 13th, 14th and 15th of a hijri calendar month as those three days are called Ayyaam-al-beed. Or you can fast on Mondays and Thursdays as Rasoolullah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam) said in a Hadeeth that " A person's deeds are shown to Allah on Mondays and Thursdays and I'd like my deeds to be shown when I'm fasting". I'll get you some pages in some time, now I've gotta go :w:

AlbanianMuslim
07-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks Brother Ali and Brother Hamid.

Ardianto, seriously? Do you actually READ anything about that stuff?
the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) fasted before Ramadan as celebration and welcoming of the month of Ramadan.
Its written in MANY places. Im even reading a book called "In the Footsteps of The Prophet" and it clearly states it in that book that this is fact.

astaghfurllah, so my guess is you do not fast? how dare you say fasting is an innovation???
Have you even read the Kuran???? probably not!!!! and if you have, you must not be understanding the text!

ardianto
07-22-2009, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Are you serious !? :|

Read up on things before making blatant jaahil comments about them !! Astagfirullah !!
Who is 'You' in your post ?......Me ?.

There are sunnah fasting in 13th, 14th, 15th of Sya'ban, but these are regular sunnah fasting. Not special fasting because Ramadan will come or for welcoming Ramadan.

And I didn't say this fasting is forbidden, because I am not scholar.

I think, there is a misunderstanding.

AlbanianMuslim
07-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Sha'ban is an important month because we should try and fast as much as we can during this month (except the last 2 days before Ramadan), and it is also an excellent way to prepare for Ramadan.

There are authentic ahadith about the virtue of fasting during this month, including one narrated on the authority of `A'ishah (ra) who said, "...And I did not see Allah's Messenger (pbuh) completing the fast of a month, except Ramadan, and I did not see him fasting more in any other month than in Sha`ban." (Sahih Muslim)

The Prophet (pbuh) also said about Sha'ban, “It is a month people disregard that is between Rajab and Ramadan. In this month, deeds are presented to the Lord of the Worlds, so I like my deeds to be presented while I am fasting.”

So inshAllah try and fast much as you can during this month, but do not overburden yourself, as the Prophet (pbuh) said: “Do those deeds which you can do easily, as Allah will not get tired (of giving rewards) till you get bored and tired (of performing righteous deeds).” (Bukhari and Muslim).

If you want, you can check out the following links for more information:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1215958638073

AlbanianMuslim
07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
The above post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is info i found

There is also more info in those links. Read up on it ardianto, you seem to need it.

ardianto
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
I am really sorry, if I make a mistake.

I just read sunnah fasting schedule that released by Indonesian Ulama. And I didn't found anything about fasting for welcoming Ramadan.

Okay, I confess. When I told about innovation by some people, that was just my opinion.

Although I was born as a Muslim, I am 'new' in Islam because I was secular. And now I am on learn about Islam. I think I need scholar who can guide me.

I am sorry, I am sorry. imsad

ardianto
07-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Everyone,
Please forgive me, please forgive my ignorance.

This is a good lesson for me.:cry:

Your brother.
Ardianto.

- IqRa -
07-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Its ok, chill. Don't worry about it =) Posts edited, no hard feelings.

AlbanianMuslim
07-22-2009, 03:17 PM
You do not need to apologize to us bro, just read up some more okay? :)

ardianto
07-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Jazak Allah Khair.

Thank you very much brothers, sisters. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.