/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you pray and worship?

George
07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm new to this forum. Greeting to all. :)

I have a couple of questions:

1-How do you pray and worship?

2-Do you get instructions on how to pray and worship directly from the Koran? If yes, what parts should I read?

Thank you for your time.

George

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nays
07-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi George.

This is how a Muslim prays:
http://english.islamway.com/prayer/BegSound.htm

The actions of prayer are given both in the Qur'an and also in the books of hadith (the books which contain the sayings of the final prophet p.b.u.h)

Also worship can be done in many ways, sayings words of remembrance is worship, working to support your family for the sake of God is worship, giving charity is worship, etc.

Praying (which is compulsary) is one of many ways of worship.

George
07-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Thank you very much for this link. :)

Are all Islamic people required to pray every day? "Siratal lazeena an"amta 'alayhim ghayril maghdubi 'alayhim walad dal-leen."

Thank you for responding.
George

GreyKode
07-23-2009, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by George

Are all Islamic people required to pray every day? "Siratal lazeena an"amta 'alayhim ghayril maghdubi 'alayhim walad dal-leen."

George
yes, 5 times a day, that's obligatory on every muslim.

"Siratal lazeena an"amta 'alayhim ghayril maghdubi 'alayhim walad dal-leen."
And....
care to clarify :)

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
07-23-2009, 10:24 PM

George
This is part of Al Fatihah. Otherwise known as the opening and no Namaz is accepted without it, it is as follows;
Bismillhaheer Rahmaneer Raheem,
Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen,
Rahmanheer Raheem.
Maliki Yawmid deen,
Iyakka na budu wa iyakka nasta'in, adhninas sirital mustaqeem,
sirital ladhina an ampta alaheem, ghaiyril maghdubu alahaem,
wa lad daalin, Ameen.
(my transliteration not perfect)

In English;
In the name of Allah most Gracious, most Merciful,
all thanks and praise are His, Lord of the worlds,
most Gracious, most Merciful,
The only owner of the day of recompense,
you alone we worship and you alone we ask for help,
guide us to the straight way,the way of those upon you have bestowed your grace, not the way of those who have gone astray, or earned your anger. Amen

Hope it helps, peace :D

George
07-23-2009, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
This is part of Al Fatihah. Otherwise known as the opening and no Namaz is accepted without it, it is as follows;
Bismillhaheer Rahmaneer Raheem,
Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen,
Rahmanheer Raheem.
Maliki Yawmid deen,
Iyakka na budu wa iyakka nasta'in, adhninas sirital mustaqeem,
sirital ladhina an ampta alaheem, ghaiyril maghdubu alahaem,
wa lad daalin, Ameen.
(my transliteration not perfect)

In English;
In the name of Allah most Gracious, most Merciful,
all thanks and praise are His, Lord of the worlds,
most Gracious, most Merciful,
The only owner of the day of recompense,
you alone we worship and you alone we ask for help,
guide us to the straight way,the way of those upon you have bestowed your grace, not the way of those who have gone astray, or earned your anger. Amen

Hope it helps, peace :D
Oh, Thank you for the translation. Are those who have gone astray the Christians, and those who made God angry the jews? That is what it said in the first poster's link.

Thank you once again, :)
George

peaceandlove
07-24-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm new to this forum. Greeting to all. :)

I have a couple of questions:

1-How do you pray and worship?

2-Do you get instructions on how to pray and worship directly from the Koran? If yes, what parts should I read?

Thank you for your time.

George
:sl:

Although you get some answer form some member , in addition to these i would also like to add that in Islam prayer does not just limited to Salat , Fasting,Hajj, Zakat etc , in fact the whole life of Muslim is like prayer if he follows all the commandments of Allah in all aspects of life, if he was trading he must trade fairly , if he talk to other in a good way/manner is also a type of prayer , simply if man must have to follow the commandments of Allah in all aspects of life and not just praying salat etc.

George
07-24-2009, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peaceandlove
:sl:

Although you get some answer form some member , in addition to these i would also like to add that in Islam prayer does not just limited to Salat , Fasting,Hajj, Zakat etc , in fact the whole life of Muslim is like prayer if he follows all the commandments of Allah in all aspects of life, if he was trading he must trade fairly , if he talk to other in a good way/manner is also a type of prayer , simply if man must have to follow the commandments of Allah in all aspects of life and not just praying salat etc.
This is true for my religion as well. It doesn't matter how must you pray if your life does not conform to that which you believe.

Can anyone provide a glossary of the Islamic Terms?

I would also like to learn more about the proper way to read the Koram. Do your read it like a book, from end to end, or do you primarily read it during prayer services in a mosque?

Thank you all for answering my questions.

Respectfully,
George

peaceandlove
07-24-2009, 06:20 PM
I would also like to learn more about the proper way to read the Koram. Do your read it like a book, from end to end, or do you primarily read it during prayer services in a mosque?
Sorry, but my english is not too good so i have difficulty in proper understanding of your question posted above. Specially i did not understand what do you mean by "read it like a book, from end to end" might be it is a phrase , i did not understand what actually you want to know , so i request somebody else there to answer this in a proper way.

About Islamic word glossary , just type "Glossary of Islamic terms" or combination of these in different style on google and you will find numbers of sites about it.

_ALI_
07-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Salam George
Oh, Thank you for the translation. Are those who have gone astray the Christians, and those who made God angry the jews? That is what it said in the first poster's link.
The last verse of Surah Fatiha groups people who are disliked by God into two groups. First is "Maghzub" which literally means those people who made God angry. It actually refers to those people to whom God's word came and they believed that to be God's word, still they disobeyed. An example of this group are the Jews. Prophet Moses came to them, Jews knew that he was the prophet of God but still disobeyed him. But a person who calls himself a Muslim can also be a "Maghzub". There are a few Muslims who know that praying is obligatory but still they don't pray. There are Muslims who knowingly disobey God. They belong to this category.
Second is "dhuuallin" meaning misguided.These are the people who are sincere but they misunderstand the word of God. An example of this group is the Christians. According to Islam Jesus Christ was a great prophet of God but Christians misunderstood his message and considered him to be the son of God. Muslims can also belong to this group. There are a few Muslims who misunderstand the fundamental beliefs of Quran. I know of a few customs which some Muslims religiously follow but they have no basis in Quran or in the sayings of the prophet Muhammad.
Can anyone provide a glossary of the Islamic Terms?
http://www.islamfortoday.com/glossary.htm
http://www.islam101.com/selections/GLOSSARY0.html
Quran is read during prayers but it is frequently read without praying. The ideal way for you to read the Quran would be to read a couple of translations of Quran with explanation done by a Muslim. If you read just one translation without explanation, you will get confused. And if you have any questions regarding Quran, you are welcome to post in this forum.
Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.