/* */

PDA

View Full Version : :(

anonymous
07-22-2009, 07:32 PM
I have a little sis who is about 8 she will be 9 in a few months. Everytime a male guest comes she sees me running up the stairs like crazy. It's because i have no hijab, she thinks this is funny. When she opens the door she will say things like 'my sis just ran upstairs when she saw you come' anooyinggg!! I have explained to her about modesty a million times shes not getting it. she basically thinks i do it because i cant stand men. 'sis why do u run like that when a man comes, so what if hes there, stay, this is your house' u dont have to wear it in the house'':rolleyes:

I tolerate that much but now she will come running after me and try to pull me down stairs. :ooh:I have always been very play'ful with my sister maybe thats why shes like that, but i didnt know she would do that infront of men!

Even as the men leave she will say stuff like 'my siste is shy of you she ran upstairs again 'shall i call her':ooh:...that really sends my blood boiling, now they think its funny too.

I have done everything i could, FROM A TO Z..

THis is not about me anymore, i dont want people to think of her as shameless, shes a child but shes my sister still so its not funny anymore.:embarrass

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nays
07-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Asalamu alaikom

You need to explain to her exactly why you wear Hijab etc, and make her understand that it's the reason you run upstairs, so then atleast if anyone comes over, she'll say "my sister ran upstairs to put her hijab on".

Do you tend to stay up there or do you come back down when you wear your scarf?

noorahmad
07-22-2009, 07:42 PM
explain halaal/haraam, and proceed to explain why you run upstairs, and make du'ah

AnonymousPoster
07-22-2009, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nays
Asalamu alaikom

You need to explain to her exactly why you wear Hijab etc, and make her understand that it's the reason you run upstairs, so then atleast if anyone comes over, she'll say "my sister ran upstairs to put her hijab on".

Do you tend to stay up there or do you come back down when you wear your scarf?

First few times i didnt tell her why i ran, but eventually i did.

No, I usually stay upstairs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2009, 08:23 PM
i would get all serious on her

that way she'd know its no laughing matter

'Abd-al Latif
07-22-2009, 08:44 PM
:salamext:

You're little sister sounds like the most adorable little girl. I would explain to her why women wear the hijaab from the Qur'an and Sunnah in the simplest form. When kids are young they are like spounges and they quickly absorb everything they see or hear even if they don't understand it. So it's important that you clearify Islamic matters clearly to her but in the kindest way as you are probably a unique role model to her.

Lastly, be patient with her. She's only 8.

Tony
07-22-2009, 08:58 PM
she is pushing boundaries in order to understand things sister, this is a normal part of growing up, my advice would be ignore it as hard as this maybe. You have already explained why you do it let her become bored, she is nearly 9 and on the brink of entering womanhood, your example to her is to carry on with hijab and what you beleive is the right thing, be steadfast and patient, shre may follow this example, insha'Allah. A child of this age likes to try and embarrass adults to see what the reaction is, and to experiment with a power they have just realised they possess. Dont worry about the men and what they think, if you truly do this then what your sister is doing will seem trivial. Keep up the good example and may Allah guide you and your sister, Ameen

Ummu Sufyaan
07-23-2009, 02:21 AM
:sl:
lol, she reminds me of my niece when we visit them..to get me to do stuff that i don't want to (:mmokay:) she's like "i'll call my dad" and i'll be like almost daring her by saying "go on, call your dad" (knowing fully that he would never come) so she "steps it up" a little by opening her mouth as if to say something, waiting for me to drastically do something to stop her...;D

so yh reverse psychology my friend. she sees it as funny cos your letting her. she thinks its a game--->you react in a way she like, she finds it funny...so when she acts like that, just pretend you dont care...i mean do run away and all (as to guard your modesty) but when she jokes about it just act all cool.

isnt there someway to know before hand of knowing that men are going to be at your house? cos the way your describing it, is that they dont knock or anythign :?

and i wouldn't worry too much cos i think the men know that shes just a kid playing up...so they wont think too much of it...

GuestFellow
07-23-2009, 02:28 AM
lol.

Tell your mom about this. Maybe she could explain this. She is quite young, so try not be too hard on her.

syilla
07-23-2009, 05:38 AM
awww... if i were you i'll just let her be...but don't stop explaining. :) :D

noorseeker
07-23-2009, 06:06 AM
good of you being modest mashallah

- IqRa -
07-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Explain to her seriously, without smiling. Children nowadays are smart, she will understand inshaAllaah...

AnonymousPoster
07-23-2009, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Explain to her seriously, without smiling. Children nowadays are smart, she will understand inshaAllaah...
Question for you. In your signature, those links, how accurate are they because for years now I have been praying salatul haajat without that dua written int heer which I had no idea I should read. Is it a must? I've been praying it like a normal namaz except i change the neeyat and what I'm praying for.

Also, does it matter if you say what your wishing for at the start of the prayer or at the end? Or whichever?

- IqRa -
07-23-2009, 11:31 AM
You are asking how accurate a prayer is? SubhaanAllaah. When you pray, you have faith in Allaah that He is going to answer your prayer. And if he doesn't answer it in the form that you want it to be in, then He will give you something better, or protect you from some danger in your path, or save it for you in the Aakhirah.

In the hadith it says that you should pray that prayer after the 2 nawafil that you pray. So looking at the hadith, there are certain rules that you have to follow, e.g. niyat for 2 nawafil Salatul Hajat, praying the 2 nawafil, praising Allah, sending blessings upon the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam, and then reciting that du'a.

Allaah and His Messenger know best.

- IqRa -
07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
You might also find this link helpful:

How to Offer Salatul-Hajah

Ahmad has on sound authority reported from Abu Darda that the Prophet Sallallahu Alehi wasallam said: "He who makes wudu, and does it properly, then prays two rak'at, Allah will grant him whatever he may pray for, sooner or later."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!