/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a sister had her belly pierced

AnonymousPoster
07-23-2009, 02:08 AM
:sl:

i have a question some time ago i was having a tattoo and saw a muslim sister having her belly pierced by men she had a hijab proper muslim way i was just wondering why they have hijabs for if they do that kinda thing which is haram this question was in my head for some time just wanted to ask why showing your self as a muslim and do something like that and give muslim a bad name?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nays
07-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Wa alaikom asalam

Noones perfect...Hijab or no Hijab, beard or no beard, a lot of people do haram.

It's wrong ofcourse, but we can't expect a sister to be innocent and modest because she's wearing a hijab.

Why were you getting a tattoo?! ( lol you don't have to tell us!)

- IqRa -
07-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Are you having a laugh?

Tattoo = haraam also

noorseeker
07-23-2009, 12:20 PM
op poster is not muslim i take

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
07-23-2009, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Are you having a laugh?

Tattoo = haraam also
why would i have a laugh brother?:embarrass

i was having a tattoo bcoz i tought it is not haram and im a brother and if you see a sister and a men is touching her to pierce her belly is this right ? if it was a women doing the piercing i wouldnt have asked here thats why i asked if you can answer the to the question i asked it would be realy helfull thanks

IbnAbdulHakim
07-23-2009, 01:00 PM
she did a sin

inshAllah she lets the piercing heal over and repents from it

Assalamu Alaikum

- IqRa -
07-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Well tattoo is haraam.

touba
07-23-2009, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Well tattoo is haraam.
Yes tatoo is haram and inshallah the tatoo people repents and allah (swt) the only one can forgive them and us inshallah
Yarapi ighfirlana kola donobina ya arhama alrahimine,

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

Cabdullahi
07-23-2009, 06:29 PM
If you are in obvious haram and you look at someone else with disgust who is in the same or similar haram doesnt that make you a hypocrite?

If you didnt know it was haram to get a tattoo then she also if asked why she did it, would come up with a similar excuse

Im afraid we're failing miserably :(

Tilmeez
07-23-2009, 06:58 PM
^agree!

We need to research any thing before we do it. Just to make sure we are not doing any thing wronge, even, not knowingly.

Ansariyah
07-23-2009, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
she did a sin

inshAllah she lets the piercing heal over and repents from it

Assalamu Alaikum
:wa:

Many women from the Asian-sub-continent have their nose pierced, if its haram why is this widely practised in those cultures? In my opinion there is no difference between belly & nose piercing, just wondering why one is supposedly haram n the other isnt?

Cabdullahi
07-23-2009, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

Many women from the Asian-sub-continent have their nose pierced, if its haram why is this widely practised in those cultures? In my opinion there is no difference between belly & nose piercing, just wondering why one is supposedly haram n the other isnt?
I think people tend to think belly piercing to be haram is because when you get your stomach pierced you'll have the temptation to dress scantly and immodestly because what's a belly piercing without raunchy clothing and whats a belly piercing with full covering

Belly piercings are often done by

belly dancers, page 3 girls , models and dumb girls

and it wouldnt be nice to see muslimah's up there

Whats next armpit piercing?

AlbanianMuslim
07-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Who on earth told you tattoo isnt haram bro?
It deff is!

As for the sister, since you were getting a tattoo your in absolute no position to judge. Even if you werent, its still not your place to judge. I mean this respectfully of course, but just a reminded, and i find myself having to remind myself and others that only Allah swt can judge.

It is our duty as muslims to become more and more informed so that we may gaurd ourselves from haram.
If we do sin, in ignornance, and find out later that we sinned, we must repent, and inshallah Allah swt is all Merciful, will forgive us.

AnonymousPoster
07-24-2009, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

yes but that is defferent nose piersing is a defferent thing and that was not an answer to my question

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

I'm not sure if belly piercing by itself is haraam, but going to non-mahram male tatoo/body artists to get it pierced must be.
thanks alpha dude you know what im talking about.

the truth i knew it was haram i mean the tattoo but in my opinion there is no proof saying that the tattoo is haraam and i have 2 tattoos one i had when i was in love and had the second some time later so i done it that time thats what i think and for the sister who was having her belly pierced i was kinda shocked i mean if u see a hijabi sister and she comes to a tattoo studio and pierce her belly by a mahram well thats not the way if she didnt had a hijab i wouldnt have tought she was a muslim my main question was why wear a hijab and call your self muslim and then do haram things ?

TrueStranger
07-24-2009, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

the truth i knew it was haram i mean the tattoo but in my opinion there is no proof saying that the tattoo is haraam and i have 2 tattoos one i had when i was in love and had the second some time later so i done it that time thats what i think and for the sister who was having her belly pierced i was kinda shocked i mean if u see a hijabi sister and she comes to a tattoo studio and pierce her belly by a mahram well thats not the way if she didnt had a hijab i wouldnt have tought she was a muslim my main question was why wear a hijab and call your self muslim and then do haram things ?

Bro, seriously, think for a second. You knew tattoo was haram and you went ahead and got two tattoos and you are pointing your finger at another Muslim while ignoring the fact that you're pointing three fingers at yourself. To answer your question it is the same reason why you call yourself a Muslim and get tattoos. You should be concerned with your sins, not the sins of others.

AnonymousPoster
07-24-2009, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger

Bro, seriously, think for a second. You knew tattoo was haram and you went ahead and got two tattoos and you are pointing your finger at another Muslim while ignoring the fact that you're pointing three fingers at yourself. To answer your question it is the same reason why you call yourself a Muslim and get tattoos. You should be concerned with your sins, not the sins of others.
i im not judging the sister ok im a muslim alhamdullilah and can you show me a proof thats says the tattoo is haram ? u cant there is not proof that says its haraam and in my opinion it not haraam and some muslim thinks it is haram and thats there opinion so im not here to judge the sister i simply asked why wear a hijab and then pierce the belly ? some of you said why i was doing that i told u above and some of you said that she might have tought the same thing as i but ok maybe the sister tought piercing was not haraam just like me so but why do it by a mahram ? this is the question and you guys not answering the question istead blaming me.

hope you unerstand what i mean peace

TrueStranger
07-24-2009, 03:11 AM
i im not judging the sister ok im a muslim alhamdullilah and can you show me a proof thats says the tattoo is haram ? u cant there is not proof that says its haraam and in my opinion it not haraam and some muslim thinks it is haram and thats there opinion so im not here to judge the sister i simply asked why wear a hijab and then pierce the belly ? some of you said why i was doing that i told u above and some of you said that she might have tought the same thing as i but ok maybe the sister tought piercing was not haraam just like me so but why do it by a mahram ? this is the question and you guys not answering the question istead blaming me.

hope you unerstand what i mean peace

Because wearing the hijab is compulsory and it was her personal choice to pierce her belly. I can't give you the correct answer your question only the girl can. Maybe you should have asked the sister when you had the opportunity to do so.

As for tattoos read the below quote. Read on it bro. You could accepted or rejected it.

Are Tattoos Haram in Islam
Are Tattoos Haram in Islam ? if not , which symbols are haram ? I know hurting the body on purpose is Haram , but if tattoo doesnt hurt the body , is it still Haram , can u please clear all that for me.

Praise be to Allaah.

Tattooing, in which the skin is pierced with a needle and a blue or other coloured dye is injected, is haraam in all forms, whether it causes pain or not, because it involves changing the creation of Allaah, and because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does tattoos and the one for whom that is done. In al-Saheehayn it is narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and those for whom tattoos are done, those who pluck their eyebrows and those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and alter the creation of Allaah.” (al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538).

With regard to all these matters, the ahaadeeth testify that the one who does them is cursed and that they are major sins. There is some difference of scholarly opinion as to the reason why they are forbidden. It was said that it is because they are a form of deception, and it was said that it is because it is a way of changing the creation of Allaah, as Ibn Mas’ood said – which is more correct and also includes the first meaning. And it was suggested that what is forbidden is only that which is permanent, because that is changing the creation of Allaah; as for that which is not permanent, such as kohl which used for adornment by women, that is permitted by the scholars. (Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 5/393).

So if what is referred to in the question is that which is not permanent, then it is not a tattoo as such and does not change the creation of Allaah
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/20283

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-24-2009, 03:30 AM

Are u like confused or somethin? You knew it's haraam but know there is no proof?? Which is it? Truth is you yourself have no idea.

Btw its non mahram not mahram. Mahrams are people you cannot marry i.e. ur brother, sister, mother, father, uncle etc..

thanks alpha dude you know what im talking about.
We all know what you are talking about. What she did is wrong but as is what you did, plain and simple.

Clover
07-24-2009, 03:50 AM
Well, I have a lot of friends who get their tongues pierced, and that is nasty to me. I am not much against mouth piercings, I mean, I won't say anything, but the thing that gets me is when a girl gets her tongue pierced, cause it makes me want to hold my tongue in my teeth and squeeze, I don't know why. I am thinking about getting my ear pierced, but I know I will probably have 2-3 tattoos before I am old.

Beardo
07-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Are tattoos removable?

I personally find tattoos to be very irritating. I mean, a person doesn't look good in formal clothing with tattoos. I hear it's discouraging for employers as well.

Donia
07-24-2009, 04:20 AM
Salaam Alaikum.

Honestly, there is no way for us to know why this particular sister decided to have her belly button pierced. Only her and Allah know.
None of us are perfect. We sin unfortunately.
To continue speculating why this sister did this is not going to do any good. We need to worry about our own deeds and if you see somebody openly sinning and you want to advise them (respectfully and privately of course) that they are sinning, then okay. I think it would be better if you would just hope for forgiveness for your sister in Islam.

May Allah forgive us all. Ameen.

Salaam Alaikum.

AabiruSabeel
07-24-2009, 12:41 PM
When we see anyone doing anything wrong, it is advisable to think of excuses for them, so that we do not develop any bad feelings about others, and try to think of our own misdeeds.

saw a muslim sister having her belly pierced by men she had a hijab proper muslim way i was just wondering why they have hijabs for if they do that kinda thing which is haram
In this case that you have mentioned, it might be possible that the man who was piercing the body of the girl might have been her husband. In that case, it is ok for her.

And as for the brother who posted anonymously, he must have had his tattoo when he was not yet a practising Muslim. He must have repented since then, and now become a more practising Muslim than any of us. Who knows what is his status in the sight of Allah.

Members are requested to soften their tone while giving advice.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.