/* */

PDA

View Full Version : do you have to be religious to obey ur parents

Ummu Sufyaan
07-23-2009, 02:49 AM
:sl:
something i have noticed is that people who care about following a religion are usually the ones who care about obeying/listening to their parents. and im thinking the reason that is is because it is a sin in their religion if they don't.
whereas the people who don't really follow a religion are generally the same people who will curse and insult their parents ^o)

so im wondering, do you people think that for one to care to obey their parents one has to be religious? or can one be "not-so-godly" and still care about their parents :$

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
_PakistaN_
07-24-2009, 05:05 AM
It is a really big sin to collide with our parents. I myself used to argue with my parents. Inshallah I am trying my best to change and taking it into consideration.

Clover
07-24-2009, 05:15 AM
Answer to Question: No

We rebel, and we may lie, we try not too, but its inevitable. I think any man/woman who said he/she never once lied to their parent's would be a liar. Now, I think most of us feel bad, I do anyways, cause we know that we just lied to the person who is bringing us into life, even if they do it badly, which some do.

It doesn't take a book telling you to do it, to do it. I would tell you to obey your parents, unless it is something evil, like hurt someone for them or some crazy thing like that.

Detritavore
07-24-2009, 05:41 AM
No.

Some of the most 'parent-loving' people I have ever met have been non-Muslims who come from cultures in which it is a great taboo to disrespect elders.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.