/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can Allah swt do this?

AnonymousPoster
07-23-2009, 02:40 PM
I was having a chat with an aunty of mine last night and it got me thinking....

If Allah swt has taken something away from us, is it ever possible for Him to return that thing to us (not in the hereafter but in this world)? Unless of course we're asking for the return of a person who has passed away, I know that's not possible unless it's in the Hereafter. But yeah, what do you think? What if we exhaust ourselves in prayer and dua and begged and pleaded, is it possible, even if it seems impossible that we can't get it back?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mathematician
07-23-2009, 09:08 PM
It really depends on what exactly you are asking.
If you are asking, is it possible for Allah to do this and that, then the answer is YES.
Allah can do whatever He wants, whenever He wants.

If you are asking, will Allah bring back my dead relative in this world, then the answer is NO. Allah can still do it, but He will not. You can continue begging Him as much as you want but that request will not be granted.
Why not make du'a to meet your dead relative in Jannah forever? That would be something wise to do and would have a chance of being accepted, whereas asking Allah to bring back a dead relative is asking for something Allah didn't even do for the prophets.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-24-2009, 07:05 AM
:sl:
if allah can take it, then surely He is able to return it...

Woodrow
07-24-2009, 07:28 AM

I will just speak from personal experience.

I lost every thing I own on 4 different occasions. Once in a flood, once in a fire, once in a tornado, once because of poor health. I lost my first 2 wives to death. I lost use of my arms and legs and hearing.

Less then 2 years ago I had absolutely nothing, I was poverty stricken, in very poor health diagnosed with a terminal disease given less then 6 months to live and in absolute despair.

Today I have every thing fully given back and of much greater value then Iever had. My health has fullybounced back and right now I live a life that most 20 year olds would not be able to keep up with, I am very close to 70 years old.

Allaah(swt) has truly given back more then I lost and added much I never expected or even hoped to have. Masha Allaah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
07-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Allah SWT is The All Powerful, so of course he can do ANYthing.
The question should be "Will our duas and prayers accepted and answered by Allah SWT?"
and I think there have been some threads about how to improve our duas and things that make our duas unanswered

Ramadhan
07-24-2009, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

I lost every thing I own on 4 different occasions. Once in a flood, once in a fire, once in a tornado, once because of poor health. I lost my first 2 wives to death. I lost use of my arms and legs and hearing.

Less then 2 years ago I had absolutly nothing, I was poverty stricken, in very poor health diagnosed with a terminal disease given less then 6 months to live and in absolute despair.

Today I have every thing fulliy given back and of much greater value then Iever had. My health has fullybounced back and right now I live a life that most 20 year olds would not be able to keep up with.

Allaah(swt) has truly given back more then I lost and added much I never expected or even hoped to have. Masha Allaah
Masya Allah!

AnonymousPoster
07-24-2009, 08:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Less then 2 years ago I had absolutely nothing, I was poverty stricken, in very poor health diagnosed with a terminal disease given less then 6 months to live and in absolute despair.

Today I have every thing fully given back and of much greater value then Iever had. My health has fullybounced back and right now I live a life that most 20 year olds would not be able to keep up with, I am very close to 70 years old.

Wow, I almost welled up in tears reading that. I'm so sorry you had to go through all these things. It is heartbreaking to read. But, I ahve to say it gives me alot of hope. Thank you. Oh and thasnk you for all the other replies. :statisfie

mathematician
07-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Ops I misread the original thread. Brother/sister, it depends what kind of thing you want back. For example, if your arm or leg is amputated then the du'a will not bring back that arm or leg. But if for example you had good vision and you want that back then you can request it and maybe Allah will grant your wish.

Having said that, if you are going through a difficult time show patience and remember to say inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raji'un because that will insha'Allah get you Allah's pleasure, which is by far the greatest gift anyone can get in both this world and the hereafter.
I don't remember the exact story but there was a lady who had a disease or something and then she came to prophet Muhammad peace be upon him telling him of her condition. He p.b.u.h. told her "I can make du'a for you so that Allah fixes your condition, but if you wish you can be patient and hope for Allah's reward." Then the muslima agreed to remain patient.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.