/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can two people be buried together in one grave?

Evana
07-23-2009, 03:42 PM
This question just popped in my mind after the death of my friend’s family, a father and his son in an accident. Can two (or more) of family members be buried together in one grave? Is it allowed? haram?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Evana
07-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Sorry mods, I didnt know where to put this thread, please feel free to move it to where ever it's suitable.

Pk_#2
07-23-2009, 04:40 PM
No, you should bury the deceased in separate graves, as this was the norm since the time of the prophet (salallahu Alayhi WAssalam),

I think though at one point the prophet did allow two or three martyrs (from the battle of Uhud) to be buried in the same place out of necessity (which isn't the case these days).

ardianto
07-23-2009, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
No, you should bury the deceased in separate graves, as this was the norm since the time of the prophet (salallahu Alayhi WAssalam),

I think though at one point the prophet did allow two or three martyrs (from the battle of Uhud) to be buried in the same place out of necessity (which isn't the case these days).
How about mass grave for unidentified victims in an accident ?.
I noticed, in my place victims like those usually buried in one grave.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nays
07-24-2009, 05:46 AM
When one of my relatives died a few years ago, the baby of a married couple died the same day, however the couple could not afford a grave for their baby, so when my cousins heard about this, they requested for the baby to be buried in the same grave as my relative. They were also wrapped together. (Not sure if they were wrapped seperately under 1 large wrap)

Beardo
07-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Oh. That's nice of you guys, but I wonder if it's allowed. I tried looking for an answer on AskImam but I don't think there is one.

rk9414
07-24-2009, 06:11 AM
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/96667/grave%20together

Evana
07-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

aadil77
07-24-2009, 07:37 PM
I think the palestinians have mass graves

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.