/* */

PDA

View Full Version : After hijjab

touba
07-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Assalamou alaikoum ikhwani wa akhawati fi deen wa ramatou allah taala wa barakatou,

Alhamdollah and from your advice and of course thats allah hidayat to me i will wear hijjab very soon and start praying and i did already hamdollah liallah wa shokr liallah give up modelling , I would like to thank allah and everybody in this noor forum for helping me to know the right way inshallah my other questions regarding the hijjab: when i will wear hijjab

It is haram to put sun protection product for face?
It is haram to put kohol for eyes?
Di i have to cover my face as well?

Jazakoum allah khaiyran

Your sister in islam

Btissam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nebula
07-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Asalaamalaykum sister

read this inshallah

http://www.fatwa-online.com/fataawa/...0000206_30.htm

and this

http://www.fatwa-online.com/womensis...a003/index.htm

touba
07-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Akhi Hamza,

Jazaka allah khayiran,

I will try to cover my face even it will be difficult as im at the beginning also because we are living in the UK so i dont know the people reaction especially they saw me before without hijjab,

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

glo
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=touba;1190297]

I will try to cover my face even it will be difficult as im at the beginning also because we are living in the UK so i dont know the people reaction especially they saw me before without hijjab,
/QUOTE]
But if you cover your face, most people won't even know that it is you, will they?
In that sense you should be quite protected, really ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
07-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Selam aleykum,

Covering your face isn't obligatory according to many scholars.

Sunprotection is most certainly allowed! Remember to use it in your hands aswell.

Kohl is makeup, some say it's OK to wear makeup as long it's not too much, others say all makeup is bad for you and some say kohl is OK 'cause it's a Sunnah. The opinions are divided.

Sizzlerjimer
07-23-2009, 09:55 PM
asalam u alikum wa rehamtulahi wa berkathu

sister touba masALLAH that your doing the hijab may ALLAH give you ISTIQAMA AMEEN.

Can i just make one thing clear it is necessary to cover all your body except face and hands but if you want to cover the face as well that very good too but the requirement is the whole body and face.

As far as peoples reaction is concerned donot worry about that at all because when i started growing beard my parents were worried but i said to them i am not scared as this beard is for ALLAH and HIS Prophet PBUH, so donot worry ALLAH is with you insALLAH.People will get shocked when they see you with the hijab but thats about it really.If you get more problems tell your family but i am sure you will not INSALLAH.

May ALLAH keep us all on the right path and save us from the the biggest deceiver and the enemy and the cursed satan.
AMEEN

Jazak ALLAH.

nebula
07-23-2009, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum,

Covering your face isn't obligatory according to many scholars.

Sunprotection is most certainly allowed! Remember to use it in your hands aswell.

Kohl is makeup, some say it's OK to wear makeup as long it's not too much, others say all makeup is bad for you and some say kohl is OK 'cause it's a Sunnah. The opinions are divided.
Sis you haven't provided any daleel for these statements you have made, for e.g. "covering your face isn't obligatory according to many scholars", Sis the ijma of the scholars is that Niqaab is waajib.

GuestFellow
07-24-2009, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by touba
It is haram to put sun protection product for face?
Ah...I don't think Islam goes against people using sun cream. It is supposed to be good for you...

Ummu Sufyaan
07-24-2009, 07:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
But if you cover your face, most people won't even know that it is you, will they?
why should she worry what people have to say, considering it's not their approval shes asking for?

In that sense you should be quite protected, really ...
protected from who or what?

touba
07-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Okhti Umm ul-Shaheed,

Jazaki allah khaiyran , You are right and me too i dont understand what he mean by protected from who and others?

I think he doesnt understand what im talking about , I said worry about people reaction like going to some offics they used to see me without hijjab and now they will see me with hijjab thats all

Alhamdolliallah 3ala koli shae

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

- IqRa -
07-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Sis the ijma of the scholars is that Niqaab is waajib.
No it isn't.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-24-2009, 12:17 PM
:sl:
Jazaki allah khaiyran , You are right and me too i dont understand what he mean by protected from who and others?

I think he doesnt understand what im talking about , I said worry about people reaction like going to some offics they used to see me without hijjab and now they will see me with hijjab thats all
wa iyyaki. hmm i think to be honest that if they knew you before and knew the type of person you are, then it shouldn't be a problem. they may feel a little surprised but since you are familiar to them, i don't think it should a problem over all *inshallah* :)

btw, glo's a she :p

touba
07-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Assalamou alaikoum,

Do somebody knows please good muslim business people who can be a good investor partner in a halal company?

Jazakoum allah khayiran,

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

AlbanianMuslim
07-24-2009, 02:11 PM
On the make up issue, like someone pointed out many scholars are divided.

Me personally, i wear a little bit. I dont line my entire eye with kohl or wear bright lipstick, but i do put some concealer around my eyes and darken my lashes a bit to brighten them up so i dont look like a zombie who got punched in both eyes-----gotta love dark circles.

I think its ok to wear a bit, very minimal, and in some cases, like at a funeral prayer, none at all. At wedding festivities, if your married, and the festivities are being done the halal way ...as in the men seperate from the women...i think its ok to wear some fancy make up as long as youre only with women.
But then again, this is all my personal opinion.....scholars differ on the issue, but i dont think, or at least i hope its not haram to cover dark circles! :)

mathematician
07-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Ok brothers and sisters you know it would be really nice if when someone provides some fatwa to tell us of the opinion of many scholars, not just one.
Nebula, with all due respect brother, you have provided a fatwa that is based on the opinion of a very small minority among scholars. So it is indeed rare.
The majority of scholars, including Ibn 'Abbas say that to cover the face is not obligatory but optional.
Let's not be harsh on a sister that wants to wear the hijab.
If you check islamonline, it is a much more reliable site because it actually tells you the opinion of the majority of scholars and what a minority might say.
In short, the majority of scholars, past and present, say that you do NOT have to cover your face in public. It is not obligatory according to most scholars.

mathematician
07-24-2009, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
No it isn't.
Exactly, and one has to fear Allah and not bring up a fatwa from a minority of scholars to make something haram/halal. It's a dangerous game.

mathematician
07-24-2009, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
On the make up issue, like someone pointed out many scholars are divided.

Me personally, i wear a little bit. I dont line my entire eye with kohl or wear bright lipstick, but i do put some concealer around my eyes and darken my lashes a bit to brighten them up so i dont look like a zombie who got punched in both eyes-----gotta love dark circles.

I think its ok to wear a bit, very minimal, and in some cases, like at a funeral prayer, none at all. At wedding festivities, if your married, and the festivities are being done the halal way ...as in the men seperate from the women...i think its ok to wear some fancy make up as long as youre only with women.
But then again, this is all my personal opinion.....scholars differ on the issue, but i dont think, or at least i hope its not haram to cover dark circles! :)
Just to be clear. Scholars are not divided on wearing makeup in public. It is haraam because it is supposed to be a tool designed to catch men's attention, which is something that shaytan wants to do. So there is no disagreement on that, even little amount of make up is not ok in public.
A muslim sister has to concentrate on doing something more beneficial for herself and not fall into shaytan's tricks.

touba
07-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Assalamo alaikoum wa rahmatou allah wa taala,

Today hamdollah i did the first test i wear today hijjab out side and i coverd my mouth and nose as well but today all the people looking at me in the street i was very disturbe a3ozo billah mina asheytani rajim in the bus also when i was walking i really dont know how to stop people looking at me .

Do somebody knows please good muslim business people who can be a good investor partner in a halal company?

Jazakoum allah khayiran,

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

touba
07-24-2009, 09:37 PM

Today hamdollah i did the first test i wear today hijjab out side and i coverd my mouth and nose as well but today all the people looking at me in the street i was very disturbe a3ozo billah mina asheytani rajim in the bus also when i was walking i really dont know how to stop people looking at me .

Jazakoum allah khayiran,

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

Sizzlerjimer
07-24-2009, 09:39 PM
waalikum asalam wa rehamtualhi wa berkathu

MasALLAH you go sister wear it.
wow people were looking at you really is it that bad?do you live in a nonmuslim dominated area??

What kind of business are you talking about??

Jazak Allah Kahirun

touba
07-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Akhi OxygenHacker,

I live in the UK, I would like to open a small company of export import and media inshallah i have good skills and idea but only no money
after i gave up modelling because is haram i want to do the company to earn halal money inshallah

Jazaka allah khaiyran,

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

جوري
07-24-2009, 10:01 PM
just a quick note:
if it were obligatory to cover the face then Allah swt would have mandated that during Hajj (pilgrimage) where the most amount of men would be in the mosque and possibly distracted from a major pillar of Islam by all those uncovered faces.. in fact, you are NOT to cover your face during pilgrimage, so why would it then be mandated during any other time?
If a woman desires to cover her face she shouldn't be dissuaded from doing so, it is her choice.. but she shouldn't be made to feel compunction for not covering it either...

:w:

touba
07-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Akhi OxygenHacker,

I live in the UK, I would like to open a small company of export import and media inshallah i have good skills and idea but only no money
after i gave up modelling because is haram i want to do the company to earn halal money inshallah

Jazaka allah khaiyran,

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

Brasco
07-24-2009, 10:36 PM
That women should cover their faces, was introduced during the osmanic empire. And many other muslim countries were adapting this idea. And whoever covers their faces should do, but it is not obligatory for women to cover their faces :)

GuestFellow
07-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Just wear a simple Hijab. It is your personal choice if you want to cover your face.

touba
07-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Assalamou alaikoum wa rahmatou allah wa taala,

To be honest i was very happy and relax to cover my face ,Only one thing people were looking at me espeially men which i didnt like it.

Jazakoum allah khaiyran,

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

Brasco
07-24-2009, 10:50 PM
wa'alykumu salam wa rahmatu'allahu ta'ala wa barakatu!!

Ya Okhti!! All will be okay, insha'allah!! Do not worry! We're Al Ghuraba'a, alhamdulillah! :) They may stare at you, mock at you, and so on! Keep them doing that! All will be okay insha'allah! I'll make lots of dua for you sis!!

touba
07-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Akhi Brasco,

Jazaka allah khaiyran

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Assalamou alaikoum wa rahmatou allah wa taala,

To be honest i was very happy and relax to cover my face ,Only one thing people were looking at me espeially men which i didnt like it.

Jazakoum allah khaiyran,

Your sister in islam,

Btissam
:w:

Mabrook on wearing the Hijaab and trying out the Niqaab! May Allaah increase you in strength to wear it. It reminds me of the words of a Shaykh - Shaykh Yasir Qadhi. He said (paraphrased): "You are the last bastion of modesty in our deen. If we lose you, we will rapidly lose everything. Stay strong. You do these things to please Allah. Reap your rewards in the hereafter."

If you have the strength to wear the Niqaab, then may Allaah increase you in good, go for it! You will be following the way of our Mothers in doing so, the Wives of the Messenger (salalahu 'alayhi wa sallam) - and what a blessed way it is.

If you want to interact with other sisters who wear it, or are considering to wear it, or read their experiences, then you can take a look here:

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showpost...12&postcount=5
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=27982
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=30750

Ummu Sufyaan
07-25-2009, 07:23 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam wa rahmatullah

yeah you'll get everyone looking at you :p but that's what people usually do when something appears out of the norm. its just cos they haven't seen anything like it they look. its like when an overly skinny or obese person walks around--->they get stared at as its not the norm.

it will be hard at first and will feel a little daunting (and you may have a little difficulty getting used to something on your face) but you'll fall in love with wearing it overtime, inshallah! don't be scared sis, you could be an example to other sisters as well. the more people get used to it, the better for both Muslims and non-Muslims...in situations like this, I always think, "hey if you have a problem with me, why should i have to change my ways" ;)
may allah keep you steadfast :)

qarasz
07-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Assalamu allikkum.....

Masha allah.....its good to here...
Keep saying allhamdullilah...becs

1]he crearted both living & non -living things
a] living perform its duty every day without any delay
b] man too will perform his duty(prayer& deeds-mental and physical)
as per quran & life of prophet.

So you should bring absolute life of your like sun & moon obeying allah in their life time.

Absolute submission of each breath of your life (prayer& deeds) to allah
without any compramise in even any small thing , so u can maintain imman & islam in each breath of your life

jazak allah ghair

qarasz
07-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Not living non- living things like sun perform each day their duty without any delay

touba
07-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Assalamou alaikoum wa ramatou allah taala wa barakatou,

Jazakoum allah khayiran ikhwani wa akhawati fi deen and all who spend their time and effort advised me jazakoum allah khaiyran inshallah.

Your sister in islam,

Btissam

glo
08-02-2009, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
why should she worry what people have to say, considering it's not their approval shes asking for?

protected from who or what?
I don't know.
I was referring to the concerns sister touba raised:

Akhi Hamza,

Jazaka allah khayiran,

Your sister in islam,

Btissam
I was simply trying to reassure her, saying that other people would not be likely to know who she was, given that she was covering her face.

Of course the opinions of other people shouldn't matter, and she shouldn't need their approval ... but in practice that is easier said than done!
If this sister is feeling vulnerable to the reactions of other people, then I hope being covered gives her a sense of security and protection. :)

I hope all goes well for you, touba.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.