/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between:

Wang Dongsheng
07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Islamic Education and non-Islamic Education?
Islamic Ethical System and non-Islamic Ethical System?
Islamic Economics and non-Islamic Economics?
Islamic Banking System and non-Islamic Banking System?
Islamic Family System and non-Islamic Family System?
Islamic Law and non-Islamic Law?
Thanks for any help!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
07-24-2009, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 84777063
Islamic Education and non-Islamic Education?
Hi.

1. Islamic education and non-Islamic Education consists of the same curriculum. Both involve the main core studies such as Maths, English and Science. Additional subjects may include History, Geography, Sociology, Physical education, Computer Studies and so on.

• In an Islamic school, it is compulsory to learn Arabic and to study the Quran. In a non-Islamic school, it is not compulsory to learn Arabic or study the Quran. In some Islamic school they prohibit teachings of certain subjects such as Music.

In Islamic schools they are aimed at specific gender. Some Islamic schools are aimed for male students while others for female students. We don't have an Islamic school aimed to mix girls or boys. Unlike non-Islamic education, they have schools both for girls and boys to mix.

In Islamic school, students are meant to follow the Islamic dress code. In non-Islamic school, they were a uniform but do not abide by the Islamic dress code.

In Islamic schools, it is part of the education to allow students to complete their five daily prayers. Zuhr Namas takes place during school time and is part of the Islamic school timetable. In non-Islamic school, they don't include daily prayers in their timetable.

Islamic Ethical System and non-Islamic Ethical System?
2. Islamic ethics are based upon the Quran and the Hadith. Ethics in Islam could be divided into Halal and Haram. Halal means permissible. Haram means forbidden. This affects Muslims in every day life. For example Muslims are only allowed to eat certain food that is considered Halal and are not allowed to eat food that is considered Haram. Another example Alcohol is considered to be haram. Though in a non-Islamic society, they are not governed by the ethics of Islam and can choose to eat whatever they want and can drink alcohol.

Ethics of Islam include war as well. They based upon Islamic teachings
:

Islam sets down clear guidelines as to when war is ethically right, and clear guidelines as to how such a war should be conducted.

In brief, war is permitted:

1. In self defence
2. When other nations have attacked an Islamic state
3. If another state is oppressing its own Muslims

War should be conducted
:

1. In a disciplined way
2. So as to avoid injuring non-combatants and are not allowed to kill them either
3. With the minimum necessary force
4. Without anger
5. With humane treatment towards prisoners of war

Non-Islamic ethics based upon the conduct of war are similar. Not much differences.

Islamic Economics and non-Islamic Economics?
I'm not entirely sure about this one. Sorry.

Economics is about supply and demand.

Islamic Banking System and non-Islamic Banking System?

4. Islamic banking system should not involve riba (interest) but non-Islamic banking system does allow Interest. Interest in Islam is prohibited.

Islamic Family System and non-Islamic Family System?
5. Islam covers a wide range of topics under family. I'm not entirely sure where to start. What topic are you interested if I may ask?

Islamic Law and non-Islamic Law?
6. Islamic law comes from the Quran. Islamic law covers a wide range of topics such as finance, family matters, and criminal justice and so on.

Non-Islamic law does not follow the teachings of the Quran though they may have similarities. I will use United Kingdom as an example. Laws are made in the UK by the House of Parliament. They introduce Acts of Parliament which is a legislation that covers a particular topic. Laws in the UK may also come from case law.

Hope this helps. Sorry I'm not able to answer the other questions.

Clover
07-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Wow, a lot of questions. I hope you find the answers, a lot of people here are ready to help anyone in need of information.

transition?
07-24-2009, 09:54 PM
I answered in your introduction thread, but I'll repost here

Islam is way of life, political, social and economical. Anything "Islamic" is based entirely on Islamic principles, which are derived from the ways of the Prophet Muhammed (SWS), the Qur'an. While anything nonIslamic is based on any other man-made ideological, political and economical principles.
In Islamic living, Muslims avoid very specific things that are prohibited and try to center their way around things that are beneficial to their life.
There are some territories that are "neutral" technically are not defined as Islamic but neither are they defined as nonIslamic.
The questions you are asking can be split into the many types of topics multiple scholars have covered.
Because Islam is not simply political or economica or individual faith, you'd have to read up on each topic to learn the exact specifics of what the Prophet, Quran, have mentioned about that specific topic. Brother Clover did a really good job of explaining the basics but there's a lot more details than just that, which probably couldn't be covered in one thread.
In Islam, it's about creating an Islamic civilization. You can therefore imagine how many aspects and details to Islam there is.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Wang Dongsheng
07-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Thank you every sister and brother, all of your answers will help me. I'm sorry for the late reply, my laptop was broken yesterday, now I use my friend's, thanks for your help, thank Allah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.