/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are there any hadiths on this subject?

AnonymousPoster
07-25-2009, 08:44 AM
There is a woman with 2 kids whose husband hasnt been able to get work for a few years now and nobody in her well off family has offered her any help. Her husband has now found work but he needs to buy a car in order to start this job which they cant afford. She now feels she has to go to her family to ask for help but is feeling embarrassed. Should these family members have recognised that they maybe going through difficulties and offered to help her out in the first place or even asked if they were ok. which they never did. Shes very sad that nobody in her family even bothered to ask if they were coping ok when they all knew he was out of work. What is the islamic view on this?
Jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
thetruth2009
07-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Assalam eleykoum sisters and brothers,

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

4:36 You shall worship GOD alone - do not associate anything with Him. You shall regard the parents, the relatives, the orphans, the poor, the related neighbor, the unrelated neighbor, the close associate, the traveling alien, and your servants. GOD does not like the arrogant show-offs.

107:7 And they forbid charity.

I have found two verse, sorry I did not put Hadiths, because I prefer Quran verses.

Assalam aleykoum, I pray Allah SWT for the help of those people, Amine.

Muslim Woman
07-25-2009, 01:24 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
There is a woman with 2 kids whose husband hasnt been able to get work for a few years .
Family members / relatives of both the wife & husband are not helping them ? Strange , what's wrong with Muslims ? It's a must for family members to help them.

Don't remember if this is a hadith or not but it says if u help your poor relative ( give him/her charity / zakat ) , u will get double rewards . One is for giving charity , one is for helping relatives .

Somehow if they can't understand that you are in trouble or they can't help u financially , tell them that you need a loan & ask them to arrange it . May Allah help you sis , Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.