/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is creating characters in a video game, forbidden?

AlexJ90
07-25-2009, 04:41 PM
I have studied the act of creation in islam with portraits etc, being forbidden in general. However does the same rule apply when creating a character in a video game, and playing that character in a video game?

I am a teenager who plays quite often on my xbox, is that forbidden too?

Please reply brothers

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlexJ90
07-25-2009, 06:35 PM
images of human beings such as portraits are forbidden to hang on walls, what i am saying is if that is the case, that no creation of human beings is allowed such as portrait painting, then are we allowed to create in video games?... thats my question brother

GuestFellow
07-25-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure what Islam stance is on video games. :/

I used to play video games a lot but I stopped. It is not wise to spend so much time playing a video game since you never gain anything out of it. For me it was very addictive and distractive. I found it hard to keep a constant reminder of Allah since my mind was always on video games. >_>

So I would advice not to play too much video games...

AabiruSabeel
07-25-2009, 07:21 PM
:sl:

We do not issue Religious rulings (Fatwa) on this forum.
Please ask this question to any local scholar, or on any of the reputable online fatwa sites.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.