/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm jealous of Deedat/Naik/Qadhi/etc

AnonymousPoster
07-26-2009, 04:34 AM
I love their lectures but at the same time I think, how am I ever supposed to catch up to them? To be equal to them in Allah's eyes? And it kinda depresses me sometimes. I know we're supposed to compete in good deeds but... :heated:

Do any of you feel the same way? If I'm gonna aim for Janna, I don't want to settle for less than firdaws and the highest levels.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_008
07-26-2009, 06:59 AM
:sl:

:giggling: lol brother its absolutely normal to feel this. In fact its really good because it motivates you to do a lot of good deeds. I'm not jealous of Zakir Naik or Yasir Qadhi or Yusuf Estes or Yusuf Islam or anybody Islamic celebrity :D but I really admire all of them for being so hardworking in their deen. May Allah bless them with more success in both the worlds.

Ibn 'Amr reported that the Prophet :saws: said, "There is no cause to be envious except in two cases: (the first is of a) person whom Allaah has taught the Qur'aan, and he recites it in the day and night, and one of his neighbours hears him and says, 'Woe to me! I wish I had been given what he has been given, then I would do what he is doing! (The second is of a) person whom Allah has blessed with wealth, and he spends it in good causes, so a person (who sees him) says, 'Woe to me! I wish I had been given what he has been given, then I would do what he is doing!" (al-Bukhaaree)

As per that Hadeeth, you know that its fine to feel envious of those who do good. Go through this page as well:
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/45207/

May Allah bless you and me with such hikmah to serve him and Muhammad's :saws: ummah.
:w:

mathematician
07-26-2009, 02:11 PM
To be honest NO. It is a bit arrogant to say I don't want to settle for something less than firdaus. I don't know how happy Allah would feel to hear that. Dangerous game.
As long as I gain Allah's pleasure then I don't care where He takes me. His love is all that matters.
One important thing not to forget is it is probably shaytan's work to make you constantly pay attention to those people you think are so great before Allah. For one thing, only Allah knows if they will be to Jannah anyway. There is a hadith where someone died as a shahid will go to hell on day of Judgement. Allah will tell Him you wanted people to say so-and-so is a shahid and praise you and not necessarily die for my sake, so He will be thrown in hell.
Shaytan would love to make you feel like nothing is ever good enough because you will not reach the level of other great muslims. Ignore him and continue your good work.

GuestFellow
07-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Actually I don't feel jealous at all towards these guys. I'm thankful to them since they cleared so many misconceptions of our religion. :/ I learn from them.

Don't worry what others do. Worry about yourself. I know people who have so much knowledge about the Quran and some are Hafiz. However they don't behave like good Muslims, so knowledge isn't everything.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
07-26-2009, 04:14 PM
nope. They are special people who are trusted with helping the rest of us, yes we have to keep growing but not all in the same way. I am sure Allah has a plan for you, insha'Allah. :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Man...I'd be so thankful just to get INTO Jannah InshaAllah...any level but hell :S
But nope I'm not jealous of them. I jus think mashaAllah Allah has blessed them and pray we have more people like them inshaAllah. I'd definitely wish to be like that inshaAllah.

chacha_jalebi
07-26-2009, 09:50 PM
its good to be jealous in like islamic thins innaay

but dont make it jealousy make them like your ideals, try to gain knowledge like the scholars, also try to look above the scholars i.e the sahaba :D one thin that is wikd and like erm gangsta..... in a good way:D, is that there is never enuf, like you can learn somethin or do some deeds but you cant ever say im complete with islaam, you gota stil do more deeds, try and make yourself like that, then inshallah you should feel like content if that makes sense, like push the limits in the deen i.e nawafil prayers/fasts/dhikr get meee

Sizzlerjimer
07-26-2009, 10:29 PM
asalam u alikum wa rehmatulahi wa berkathu

i am jealous of them include yususf estess in the list as well.i want to reach the same knowledge level as them and i want to do dawah insALLAH insALLAH.I hope to go medinah universirty and get knowledge insALLAH or may be ALAZHAR or syria or yemen insALLAH i just pray to ALLAH to give me opportunity to be like these great scholars and spread islam. AMEEN

- IqRa -
07-27-2009, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Man...I'd be so thankful just to get INTO Jannah InshaAllah...any level but hell :S
Snap. :exhausted

Snowflake
07-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I see nothin wrong with wanting Jannatul Firdaws. What I would find wrong is if you want it for your own pleasure and not for being able to see Allah's subhana wa ta'ala beautiful Face.

As for wanting to be like the people you mentioned. We hope they attain Paradise, but only Allah knows if they will or not. How about people who've built mosques, orphanages, hospitals, cared for parents in their old age? I believe what they do is as important and hopefully deserving of Paradise too. So inshaAllah there is hope for all of us. Intention is more important than occupation.

Asim Khan
08-03-2009, 07:42 AM

I had planned to post about Sheikh Yusuf's youtubeislam being taken by google in the world affairs section and link back here; but I'm glad for the approval setup, I had written in the spur of the moment (exaggerating/sensationalizing things). :phew I wanted to link back here so that we might move from just being jealous of our daees towards praying for them and their struggles.

format_quote Originally Posted by mathematician
One important thing not to forget is it is probably shaytan's work to make you constantly pay attention to those people you think are so great before Allah. For one thing, only Allah knows if they will be to Jannah anyway.
I don't remember clearly, I think this was near the end of Dr. Israr Ahmed sahib's speeches in India; I don't remember the question but he said: "Naheen, me apnay aap ko chotee see cheez samajta hoon" (no, I think/find myself to be a small fry) and he asked them to pray that Allah may save him from (I don't remember the word maybe pride) "kyoonkay phir saray kaam par panee phir ja-ay ga" (because that would spoil all the work).

In the Chennai speech (Islam in Focus) Sheikh Yusuf said something that the new reverts coming from Catholic learning are exerting harder to learn and proclaim the truth than how he and his family did.

In "the spur of the moment" I felt as though all his websites (effectiveness) was being threatened (strangely I still feel a little bit like that).

"We will let the courts decide what is legal and who is the rightful owner of YoutubeISLAM.com
In the meantime, we encourage all the believers to remember only Allah gives victory and whoever believes in Allah and is working righteousness will never fail, inshallah.

Just pray for us and keep sharing the message and let people know - we will not give up."

http://www.islamnewsroom.com/news-ma...stes-site.html

Asim Khan
08-03-2009, 08:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
Ibn 'Amr reported that the Prophet :saws: said, "There is no cause to be envious except in two cases: (the first is of a) person whom Allaah has taught the Qur'aan, and he recites it in the day and night, and one of his neighbours hears him and says, 'Woe to me! I wish I had been given what he has been given, then I would do what he is doing! [...]" (al-Bukhaaree)
Thank you so much for quoting that hadith brother Ali. I had heard of its meaning (I think more than once) but they said that it was okay to be envious of a scholar. I felt bad that I didn't have a true thirst for knowledge and that there was only something wrong in me, that I only desired to learn to recite the quran to show off when I felt envy for a reciter like the one I watched recently:

http://www.thedeenshow.com/videos.ph...sid=41&id=1144

Yesterday I saw brother Waleed Basyouni's Journey of the Believers (Islam in Focus), Subhanallah!

transition?
08-03-2009, 05:52 PM
It is only natural

Al-Hasan al-Basri said, "If you see a man competing with you with regard to this world then compete with him concerning the Hereafter."

Wuhayb ibn al-Ward said, "If you are able to make sure that no one precedes you in hastening towards Allah then do so."

Muhammad ibn Yusuf al-Asbahani said, "If a person hears of another person or knows of another person who is more obedient to Allah than him, then that should grieve him."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.