/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you sleep?

Beardo
07-26-2009, 06:46 AM
I've always had this problem where I simply cannot sleep. That's when I go on my iPod Touch and surf the net. Obviously, it only keeps me up longer. What to do??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
07-26-2009, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
I've always had this problem where I simply cannot sleep. That's when I go on my iPod Touch and surf the net. Obviously, it only keeps me up longer. What to do??
I can't sleep either!!

What I do is text boring people and hope that I fall asleep waiting for a reply..

Beardo
07-26-2009, 07:35 AM
That sounds like a good plan. Actually, that's what happens. I chat, but then they go off topic, so I tell them gnite ttyl and go to sleep.

Hey, that's a good idea. Jazax. :X

Pk_#2
07-26-2009, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
That sounds like a good plan. Actually, that's what happens. I chat, but then they go off topic, so I tell them gnite ttyl and go to sleep.

Hey, that's a good idea. Jazax. :X
You're welcome <_<

Or you can count bAA's.. I mean sheepS!!

Or get your brothers to sing to you....no wait that would wake you up :hmm: and possibly kill you..:skeleton:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ژاله
07-26-2009, 08:20 AM
theres a dua for insomnia brother,
اللهم غارة النجوم وهدأت العيون وانت الحي القيوم لا تأخذ ك سنة ولا نوم يا حي يا قيوم أهدئ ليلي وأ نم عيني
try this inshallah.

GuestFellow
07-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Ah I have a hot bath and then I start to feel tired and sleepy. : )

It might work. Don't eat anything after 8PM, you will find it difficult to go to sleep.

Faye
07-26-2009, 01:10 PM
If I'm tired I close my eyes and go to sleep, any time of the day or night for two or three hours. But I usually sleep days and stay awake nights (if I can).

strengthmill
07-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Brother dont waste your time, who knows whats going to happen.

Recite Ayat-al-Kursi
-----
Bukhari :: Book 6 :: Volume 61 :: Hadith 530

Narrated Abu Mas'ud:

The Prophet said, "If somebody recited the last two Verses of Surat Al-Baqara at night, that will be sufficient for him."

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah 's Apostle ordered me to guard the Zakat revenue of Ramadan. Then somebody came to me and started stealing of the foodstuff. I caught him and said, "I will take you to Allah's Apostle!" Then Abu Huraira described the whole narration and said:) That person said (to me), "(Please don't take me to Allah's Apostle and I will tell you a few words by which Allah will benefit you.) When you go to your bed, recite Ayat-al-Kursi, (2.255) for then there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn." (When the Prophet heard the story) he said (to me), "He (who came to you at night) told you the truth although he is a liar; and it was Satan."

جوري
07-26-2009, 03:54 PM
if you stay up late to the wee hours say around threeish.. make your fajr prayers and so on, set your alarm for 2-3 hours earlier than you'd normally get up.. say you sleep threeish and wake up tenish.. now sleep threeish and wake up sevenish.. now you've had only 4 hours of sleep.. make sure you do this on a day that you can afford to waste feeling foggy.. now, you'll be very tired the next day.. and drag yourself through the daily motions of the day.. but after isha'a exactly you go to bed.. and you'll be very tired and want to anyway at that stage.. the next day you'll find yourself wanting to catch up on some zz's and wake up at that old time you are accustomed to, but resist it and wake up at seven again.. you'll feel tired again thus it is best to do this on the weekened.. so now your body it beginning to shift gears.. again the same thing in the evening.. sleep at the same time you slept after isha'a and wake up sevenish.. in time your body at this stage will be accustomed to the new schedule . .. you can supplement your sleeping habit with du3a and then fall asleep right away insha'Allah...

I run on no more than 3-5 hours sleep on any given day so I am foggy all the time lol.. but your body will do what you train it to do.. rest and you rust.. so keep it a well oiled machine!

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

alcurad
07-26-2009, 04:01 PM
what Skye said.

also stay away from the computer screen, the light will wake you up more and more.

piXie
07-26-2009, 04:06 PM
If u wake up early u should be able to fall asleep at night, no?

Cabdullahi
07-26-2009, 04:45 PM
I would suggest eating rice and greasy lamb chops...you'll sleep in no time

rk9414
07-26-2009, 05:09 PM
study Arabic grammar if you can't fall asleep, works for me

AbdullahSyed
07-26-2009, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
I would suggest eating rice and greasy lamb chops...you'll sleep in no time
lol My mom tells me this she says the best way to fall a sleep is by having a very heavy dinner.

Muhaba
07-26-2009, 05:24 PM
If I don't sleep right after Isha, I end up staying up all night. So now i try to sleep right after Isha. you should try it too, it might work.

safiya0631
07-26-2009, 05:26 PM
pray durood shareef and you will fall asleep..it works for me

GuestFellow
07-26-2009, 09:02 PM
I do 20 minutes of push ups before I go to sleep. It should make you tired and go to sleep...well doesn't work all the time but it does help.

UmmHasan
07-26-2009, 09:45 PM
I recite Surah Tabarak and before I finish reciting it I am already asleep.

- IqRa -
07-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Read 4 kul, aayat al kursi and Surah Mulk, u'll fall asleep in an instant inshaAllaah.

S_87
07-27-2009, 10:11 AM
if you cant fall asleep start making dhikr...

Snowflake
07-27-2009, 10:20 PM
OK, I agree with reciting Surahs of course, but sometimes it could be we are not physically comfortable, so we don't feel relaxed enough to fall asleep? It's like that with me. So as crazy as it sounds, I made a sleep aid (cushion/pillow) which is about five feet long and it helps support restless arms and legs and also stops me from turning on my front. It might sound sad, but it's helped so much, I can't imagine being without it now. :omg:

So, yeh, extra pillows, meaning being mre comfortable physically might be what you need.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.