/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kind of scolded my Dad and elder brother

AnonymousPoster
07-26-2009, 06:50 AM
:sl:
Had a very strange experience today. My father faced terrible times in his life and is very ambitious and so in pursuit of his ambitions, he fell into a lot of bad things like sufism, believing in stones, astrology and numerology. Today, after the breakfast he called up some guy and took his appointment and my bro asked him who's appointed he was looking for. My dad replied " A numerologist". I was reading the newspaper and misheard it as a neurologist and thought he was going to see a doctor but when their discussion went ahead I understood what they were talking about and I instantly warned my dad about how its shirk. My bro tried to interrupt me and was trying to change the topic. I wasn't shouting but my voice was above the normal level when I was saying all this and when my bro tried to change the topic, I literally "outvoiced" him (if such word exists). I feel good that I at least warned them but I'm not too happy because I kind of shouted at them and haven't been feeling comfortable since then.

Any comments:?:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-26-2009, 02:58 PM
hmmm

when I read the title of your post, all I could think of was, what a horrible human being you are .. and then after reading your query.. I am saddened by it.. sob7an Allah..

my thoughts are that you need a candid talk with your dad, and if you can get someone scholarly to help you along.. as this is not simply a form of shirk but Allah swt knows best.. even ones prayers aren't accepted for a good 40 days after seeking the help of one of those people of things.. When I was a kid I used to read my horoscope all the time because it was just the thing to do like an amusing thing.. I didn't even pray at the time either astghfor Allah.. but can you imagine meeting ones fate in a period when even prayer isn't accepted...

I think if you care about your dad you'll have a candid talk and also apologize for the yelling thing..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

AnonymousPoster
07-27-2009, 02:36 PM
:bump::ermm:imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.