/* */

PDA

View Full Version : having difficulty focusing?

Nájlá
07-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Anyone having a difficulty focusing in salah? Ever asked your self is my salah accepted?

Salah is the 2nd pillar of Islam. It is a very important pillar. The first thing Muslims would be asked on the Day of Judgment is their salah. Allah likes to see from us the most is prayer being performed; He only wants one thing from His slaves.

"And I (Allah) created not the Jinn and mankind except they should worship Me (alone). I seek not any provision from them nor do I ask that they should feed Me. Verily, Allah is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong." [51:56-58]

Remember that khushu' comes from the heart.

If you fall in love, you will try to do anything for your beloved. Allah is asking you if you love me then obey me. Do it with an open heart, out of love.

Remember what counts is the quality not the quantity.

Alif Lam Mim. (1) This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah. (2) Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them. (surat Al-Baqara)

Don’t waste your time trying to perform more prayers when it won’t count... Some prayers performed by Muslims will not be counted Why? Because they are not focusing in their prayer. Ask yourself do I get the full reward of salah? How much u appreciated your salah means how much you appreciate your faith. To be a true believer you need to show that with salah. Look back at the time of our Prophet (S.A.W) how he used to rush to pray even when in war, Subhanallah!

To perfect khushu' in prayer, one should have a mindful fear of Allah, pray in a calm and collected manner, perform every act and movement with humility and full awareness of its significance, and take time to experience the serenity and tranquillity.

Let me give you an example of khushu’

Sulayman Ibn Yasar was praying in the Masjid and half of the Masjid has collapsed down from the back. People were worried about him and they rushed to look for him and check if he’s okay. The dust was everywhere. When the dust came down they went to see him finishing praying when he finished they asked him are you okay? He replied saying why what happened? Subhanallah half of the Masjid collapsed and he didn’t even notice.

Shaytaan will try to whisper to you from the moment you say Allah Akbar! Don’t let shaytaan distract you. Know your intention. Watch your salah and protect it.
Here are some things you can do to gain your khushu’

What you need to do before you start salah

1.Coming early to salah. Prepare for salah early. 10/15 minutes early. Don’t be late for Prayer. Allah warned those who delay the prayer after its designated time, saying:

So woe to the worshippers Who are neglectful Of their prayers" [Surat Al-ma'oon 107:4-5]

2.Repeat with the Muadhin (thecaller to salah) its Thkir (remembrance)

3.Prepare for your salah, Think of what to recite...

4.Make your Wudu, Full Wudu!

5.Select a place where there would be no distractions.

6.Dress nicely for salah especially for Salat Al-Fajr. Don’t go to pray with your Pyjamas. Show respect, Think of who you’re standing in front of.

7.Pray Nafil before and after Adhan. It’s not wajib but do it for Ajr.

8.Read some Quran, You’ll need it. Especially surahs you’re going to read for salah. The last image that will be in your head is the page of the surah you just read. Not some TV movie you just watched before going for Salah.

9.Make Thikr and du3a. Ask Allah to bless you with khushu’.

10.Don’t talk too much before salah. Why? Because some people will be thinking of what the person that just talked to them about during salah.

11.Don’t look around for distractions. Focus for the event, the salah!

12.If in the Masjid Pray in the front. So you don’t get distracted.

13.Remember that you’ll be standing in front of Allah.

14.Remember of those great Sahabah that used to focus on their salah.

15.If you’re hungry or you need the toilet go and do that first. Don’t be lazy! That’s the Sunnah of the prophet. And don’t have too food. you’ll be burping in salah, no one will like it around you

16.If you feel sleepy then don’t start your salah. That’s the Sunnah of the prophet. Especially on slat ul layl. If u know this is going to happen every time then plan for it before. Drink tea/coffee to make you stay up a bit longer. Do a little stretching/exercise.

17.Remember death. Pray as if this is going to be your last time to pray salah.

Focus while praying

1.Know the meaning of Allah Akbar. Know the value of that.

2.Know Allah is watching you. Worship as if you’re seeing him and if u don’t have that level remember that he’s watching you.

3.Fold your hands and always look down.

4.Slow the speed of your recitation. Think about how long an imam will take to pray his fajr prayer and how much you will take.

5.Du3a and adthkar before u start recitation in salah.

6.Know what the meaning of what you’re reciting. If you don’t know Arabic atleast focus on the words. Recite slowly.

7.Beautify your recitations.

8.Remember that allah divided this salah between him and you.

The Prophet (SAW) said that Allah the Exalted had said: ' I have divided the prayer into two halves between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for. When the servant says: Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the universe, Allah the Most High says: My servant has praised Me. And when he (the servant) says: The Most Compassionate, the Merciful, Allah the Most High says: My servant has lauded Me. When he (the servant) says: Master of the Day of Judgment, He remarks: My servant has glorified Me, and sometimes He will say: My servant entrusted (his affairs) to Me. When he (the worshipper) says: Thee do we worship and of Thee do we ask help, He (Allah) says: This is between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for. Then, when he (the worshipper) says: Guide us to the straight path, the path of those to whom Thou hast been Gracious -- not of those who have incurred Thy displeasure, nor of those who have gone astray, He (Allah) says: This is for My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for. [Muslim 4: 395]

9.Look at one place. Focus on the spot.

10.Athkhaar al salah. In sujood or ruku’.

11.Never look up when you go back from ruk3i. Prophet forbids us from doing that.

12.Don’t get distracted by things around you.

13.Du3a (supplication) the closest servant to Allah is in his sujood so Increase your du3a.

After ur finished doing from salah

1.Don’t move right away from were you are when you finished praying (The angles might be making du3a for you until you move or break your wudu, they will stop.After a person has finished his tashahhudand before saying the 'salam', at this time is one likely to be responded to.

Ibn Mas'ud narrates: I was once praying, and the Prophet (SAW), Abu Bakr and (were all present). When I sat down (in the final tashahhud), I praised Allah, then sent Salams on the Prophet, then started praying for myself. At this, the Prophet (SAW) said:’ Ask and you shall be given it! Ask, and you shall be given it!
[At-Tirmidhi #593 - hasan, Mishkat al-Misbah #931]

2.Do your tasbih.

3.Do thkhir and du3a. If you forgot to ask Allah for something in your salah ask after.

4.Pray nafil.

Note- Closing your eyes in salah is not the sunnah of the prophet but if there is no way you’re going to focus in salah you can. But it is not sunnah.

Remember Shaytaan will come when you’re praying. If you’re finding it hard to focus, the prophet said look to ur left, spit 3 times and say ’authubillah

Always, always prepare for salah and never let shaytaan get you. And never let this become a habit.

If i have said anything wrong correct me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Mashallah this post was excellent :) Jazakallah Khair.

However one question, whats wrong if you pray in your clean pyjamas? o.O

Mysterious Uk
08-03-2009, 03:44 PM
^ i don't think it's about being clean but rather about respect, if you would never think of leaving your house in pyjamas, then what makes you think it is o.k to pray to Allah in something you would be embarrassed to wear outside. (Don't mean to sound harsh but i can't rephrase it in a nice manner.. sorry)

Nájlá
08-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Asalamu Alaykum,

Oh my i forgot about this thread 0_o lol.

Yea, sis Mysterious Uk is right. Its about respect.

Btw notes for this article was taking from the lecture Khushu' Yasir Birjas so while i took notes i decided to put them into an article.

Listen to the lecture Here

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.