/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Question about Mohammed and the Quaran

Jtherva
07-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Hi i'm trying to find out somethings i've been wondering about Islam.

What makes the Quaran special?

The closest answer I could find about the methodology of Islamic understanding is that there are signs of god written in the Quaran that proove god. Reading the Quaran the only signs I could find was about the design about plants and animals. Are there others?

Why does Islam say that Mohammed knew the truth?

I realise I am challenging Islamic understanding and some people may find that offensive but how else am I meant to learn these things.

Thanks for responses in advance, heres your chance to convert me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zakirs
07-28-2009, 05:40 AM
The most basic thing for a person to be muslim is to accept that there is only one god,prophet(pbuh) is is messenger and qur'an is his revelation.

coming to the point , you are partially right Qur'an explains many scientific things which were not know till the latter half of 20th century.To know more about this you can read this article http://www.quranandscience.com/index...-god&Itemid=11

Hope this answers your question.if you like video rather than text you can watch this video "Is quran the gods word" by dr.zakir naik from youtube

Proud of Islam
07-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi Jtherva,

Firstly I would like to tell you that your thread is the first one that attracted me to register in this nice forum. However, I apologize from now if my English is weak since I am not a native speaker and so unfortunately I will not be able to express all what are in my mind..

Starting from the most important question about the signs of God, I’ll represent some of what is in the holy Quran. It’s known that the holy Quran is in Arabic with words that have not been changed since more than 1400 years, and they will not be changed as Allah promised, and I will represent some of it but translated in English, and you know the translation may slightly differ. There will be two numbers between square brackets before any part I put from the holy Quran, like [2:30], the first number represents the number of the chapter (soorah) and the second is the number of the verse (Aaya).

Let me say that believing on God contains mainly two things, believing that God exists and believing that He is just one God.

- First, believing that God exists:
We realize that the universe is a creation, and simply every creation needs a creator who is the God, Allah. Allah says in the holy Quran: [52:35] Were they created from nothing? Or are they the creators? If we think about the first question Were they created from nothing?, we can answer that it is impossible that the universe is without creator because it is impossible that there is trace without tracer. People who believe that the universe is created by chance have a completely wrong thought! Let me ask, can I suddenly see a great device in my room that is created by chance? Absolutely no! So, how can we believe that the universe is by chance although it is extremely greater than a device! And if we think about the second question Are they the creators?, we can answer that a thing cannot create itself. Before all the world is created, how it appeared? Could it be behind and forth itself at the same time? Was I created by myself or by something that has lower than the completeness of Allah? If we were created by ourselves, we would give ourselves all the attributes of the completeness! All these questions can be answered by a single true answer which is that there is a creator who has all the complete attributes, who is Allah. Jtherva, if we think about a wonderful and powerful invention, we can immediately conclude that the innovator is very clever and he or she is more powerful than his invention. What about this innovator himself? Who created him? Allah. The mind and body of the human are very amazing, so the creator is very very great. Did he created human only? No, there are MANY of the creations which we can spend long and long time to think about a single one of them!
Another thing beside the creation itself, we can say that the universe is systematic, harmonious, and cared. So, it has a creator who systemizes it and who has the will to stabilize it or change it sometimes. If we think about ourselves, beside our different organs, there is a system and we go through phases, even all the universe. This evidence that this masterly creation is not by chance, it is one of the Allah’s creations Who created everything masterly.
In the holy Quran, there are many signs and evidences of Allah, such as the following:
- The universe:
Allah says: [2:164] In the creation of the heavens and the earth, the alternation of night and day, the ships that roam the ocean for the benefit of the people, the water that GOD sends down from the sky to revive dead land and to spread in it all kinds of creatures, the manipulation of the winds, and the clouds that are placed between the sky and the earth, there are sufficient proofs for people who understand.
- The night and day:
Allah says: [41:37] Among His proofs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not prostrate before the sun, nor the moon; you shall fall prostrate before the GOD who created them, if you truly worship Him alone.
- The glancing and rain:
Allah says: [30:24] Among His proofs is that He shows you the lightning as a source of fear, as well as hope, then He sends down from the sky water to revive a land that has been dead. In these, there are sufficient proofs for people who understand.
- The alive cells:
Allah says: [6:95] GOD is the One who causes the grains and the seeds to crack and germinate. He produces the living from the dead, and the dead from the living. Such is GOD; how could you deviate!
Just to make it clear for you, Jtherva, an example for “the living from the dead, and the dead from the living” is the chick from the egg, and the egg from the chicken.
- The plants (as you said in your thread):
Allah says: [6:99] He is the One who sends down from the sky water, whereby we produce all kinds of plants. We produce from the green material multitudes of complex grains, palm trees with hanging clusters, and gardens of grapes, olives and pomegranate; fruits that are similar, yet dissimilar. Note their fruits as they grow and ripen. These are signs for people who believe.
And also:
[13:4] On earth, there are adjacent lots that produce orchards of grapes, crops, palm trees - dioecious and non-dioecious. Although they are irrigated with the same water, we prefer some of them over others in eating. These are solid proofs for people who understand.

[39:21] Do you not see that GOD sends down from the sky water, then places it into underground wells, then produces with it plants of various colors, then they grow until they turn yellow, then He turns them into hay? This should be a reminder for those who possess intelligence.

[26:7] Have they not seen the earth, and how many kinds of beautiful plants we have grown thereon? [26:8] This should be a sufficient proof for them, but most of them are not believers.

- The human:
Allah says:
[30:20] Among His proofs is that He created you from dust, then you became reproducing humans. [30:21] Among His proofs is that He created for you spouses from among yourselves, in order to have tranquility and contentment with each other, and He placed in your hearts love and care towards your spouses. In this, there are sufficient proofs for people who think. [30:22] Among His proofs are the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colors. In these, there are signs for the knowledgeable. [30:23] Among His proofs is your sleeping during the night or the day, and your working in pursuit of His provisions. In this, there are sufficient proofs for people who can hear.

[23:78] He is the One who granted you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brains. Rarely are you appreciative.

[23:12] We created the human being from a certain kind of mud. [23:13] Subsequently, we reproduced him from a tiny drop, that is placed into a well protected repository. [23:14] Then we developed the drop into a hanging (embryo), then developed the hanging (embryo) into a bite-size (fetus), then created the bite-size (fetus) into bones, then covered the bones with flesh. We thus produce a new creature. Most blessed is GOD, the best Creator. [23:15] Then, later on, you die. [23:16] Then, on the Day of Resurrection, you will be resurrected. [23:17] We created above you seven universes in layers, and we are never unaware of a single creature in them.

- The gemmating:
Allah says:
[16:72] And GOD made for you spouses from among yourselves, and produced for you from your spouses children and grandchildren, and provided you with good provisions. Should they believe in falsehood, and turn unappreciative of GOD's blessings?
- The animals (as you said in your thread):
Allah says:
[16:79] Do they not see the birds committed to fly in the atmosphere of the sky? None holds them up in the air except GOD. This should be (sufficient) proof for people who believe.

- The Instinct:
This is an important evidence of Allah. It is really a natural instinct. Lots and lots of scientists and philosophers from different countries and in different centuries said that believing on God, and the need of worship this God is an instinct in the soul of people. This truth were shown in the holy Quran when Allah said:

[30:30] Therefore, you shall devote yourself to the religion of strict monotheism. Such is the natural instinct placed into the people by GOD. Such creation of GOD will never change. This is the perfect religion, but most people do not know.
The prophet Mohammad said that this instinct can be affected by the environment or the parents who make their children to have other religions. However, this instinct appears especially during the hard times. For example, if a person in a plane, and they expect an accident, he or she will immediately ask, pray, and hope the survival from the God.
Allah said:
[30:33] When adversity afflicts the people, they turn to their Lord, totally devoting themselves to Him. But then, as soon as He showers them with mercy, some of them revert to idol worship.

- Second, believing that He is just one God:
All the prophets of Allah came to tell people about this fact. Allah says in the holy Quran: [23:91] GOD has never begotten a son. Nor was there ever any other god beside Him. Otherwise, each god would have declared independence with his creations, and they would have competed with each other for dominance. GOD be glorified; far above their claims. In the holy Quran we can find the names and attributes of Allah which are full and complete for Him. These attributes let us to know Allah. Some of Allah names are: THE EVOLVER, THE MIGHTY, THE SOURCE OF PEACE, THE SOVEREIGN LORD, THE MERCIFUL, THE BENEFICENT, THE ALL-SEEING, THE ALL-HEARING, THE ALL-KNOWING, THE PROVIDER, THE FORGIVER, THE GENEROUS ONE, THE MOST GREAT, THE MOST HIGH, THE JUST, THE JUDGE, THE ORIGINATOR, THE MOST STRONG, THE TRUTH, THE RESURRECTOR, THE WISE, THE WATCHFUL, THE RESPONSIVE, THE ABLE, THE ONE, THE UNIQUE, THE ALIVE, THE CREATOR OF DEATH, THE GIVER OF LIFE, THE LORD OF MAJESTY AND BOUNTY, THE COMPASSIONATE, THE PARDONER, THE AVENGER, THE ACCEPTOR OF REPENTENCE, THE EVERLASTING, THE SELF-SUFFICIENT, THE INCOMPARABLE, THE GUIDE, THE LIGHT, and others which are in the holy Quran and make 99 names in total. Is anyone (or anything) else deserve the worship? No, the only one who deserves the worship is Allah who has the full attributes. Allah says to the prophet Mohammad in the holy Quran: [21:25] We did not send any messenger before you except with the inspiration: "There is no god except Me; you shall worship Me alone."
I’ve read in (batkhela.com) the following:
“It is a known fact that every language has one or more terms that are used in reference to God and sometimes to lesser deities. This is not the case with Allah. Allah is the personal name of the One True God. Nothing else can be called Allah. The term has no plural or gender. This shows its uniqueness when compared with the word God which can be made plural, Gods, or feminine, Goddess.”

Jtherva, there are lots and lots of signs of Allah in the holy Quran, but Also Allah encourages us to use our minds to think as well. The holy Quran is available and you can read, with hopefully a believer heart :sunny:

About your question of what makes the holy Quran special. This really can have a very long answer, but I’ll try to say just the main points since I wrote a lot about the important question about Allah..
The holy Quran is the speech of Allah. It is like the constitution of life! There are all what we need in our life, the worship, ethics, social relationships, financial transactions, and others. It tells how the universe was created and how was the beginning. It also tells some stories about the previous folks and the previous messengers who we have to believe on them as well. It tells also the facts about what will happen after we die, and after the life here will finish, how every person will be in the paradise or the hell. Allah is fair, so the death of a person doesn’t mean that he will not be punished for all his mistakes and all the bad things that he did for the others. People who were poor, or ill should have reward for their endurance, as well as people who did good things if they are believers and Muslims. The life was not created for no goal, it is not just birth and death, it doesn’t end here. Everyone will be judged according to his deeds.
The holy Quran also contains many scientific facts that the scientists are discovering nowadays. It fits every place at every time. It is true with no any change since it had been revealed. It is in a very eloquent language since it is the speech of Allah, and the prophet Mohammad challenged the Arab people to write just one chapter or even one verse like the holy Quran but none could do so. It is very restful for the heart and it contains the way for the light, and the true.

But sorry I didn't understand your question about the prophet Mohammed, could you tell me what you mean?

I would like to conclude my words by telling you that believing that “There is no God except Allah and Mohammed is His prophet” is really restful for our souls because through the Islam we know the logical facts, and it guide us to the happiness in both the life and the afterlife. As a Muslim, I will be rewarded for whatever I do truly and ethically, and I will be rewarded also for any pain or hard circumstances for my endurance.
You know, as a Muslim, even if someone has a lot of disasters in his life, he can be VERY happy because his heart is full of belief, Allah makes him happy after the worship and he knows that he will be rewarded in the afterlife, in the paradise…

Faye
07-29-2009, 09:22 PM
The Quran is special because it is the Allah's own Word, and not a human invention

The reason it is more special than other books that Allah revealed to other Prophets, is that it is very well documented and authenticated, and has not been changed or added to or subtracted from

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_ALI_
08-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Salam Jtherva
What makes the Quaran special?
We have so many books claiming to be from a divine source. Quran is special among them because, for starters, it is the only one which does not contradicts science and is present in its original form. (http://www.albalagh.net/kids/history...pilation.shtml)
Of course these two points alone do not confirm Quran's divinity, however they do filter out Quran from all the other books which claim to be inspired from God. In this day and age, people give the prescientific knowledge present in the Quran to show that it must be from God. Here is a link of opinions of scientists regarding Quran. Almost all were non-Muslims and many converted.
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Qur...cientists.html
According to Islam, God sent prophets to the people to guide them to the right path. Prophets were the best of people. For us, that prophet is Muhammad. Hence that is why Islam says that prophet Muhammad knew the truth.
Peace

Battal
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
-----

Our heart pumps about 43,000 liters of blood per day.
The human eye works by some 40 different parts functioning together.
The human kidneys filter about 140 liters of blood every day through one million small filtering units.
The retinal membrane at the back of the eye is made up of 11 different layers.
The thighbone can bear a weight weighing a ton when perpendicular.
The DNA of a single cell contains the design of 206 bones, 600 muscles, a network of 10,000 auditory muscles, a network of 2 million optic nerves, 100 billion nerve cells, and 100 trillion cells in the body.
The heart connects the 100 trillions cells in the human body one by one.
The probability of the amino acid sequence of a protein made up of 500 amino acids being in the correct order is 1 in 10950.
Immune system elements that the baby needs, such as antibodies or defense cells, are given to the baby ready-made in the mother’s milk.
A liver cell is specialized enough to perform more than 500 operations at a time.
There is 5 liters of blood in the body of a human weighing 60 kilograms.
Each red cell can carry 300 million hemoglobin molecules.

Dont you still belive in Allah c.c after reading how our body work!

Welcome to Turkey or should i say the old Ottoman Empire.

MMohammed
08-07-2009, 11:29 AM
What makes the Quran special?
Its exactly the word of the Lord and not the humans.It deals with spending our life and it's subject is man.You can find every solution to your problems in it.It is the last and the ever-lasting book.Nothing is altered, deleted or added to it.Its as it was when it was revealed.Its the sacred book
Because he was divine.Sent by Allah.The Prophets were the chosen people who came to teach people the right things and to fight against illiteracy.We follow his Sunnah(the things he said and did).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.