/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saalam brothers and sisters

moonstar
07-27-2009, 05:07 AM
Im 18 years old and I grew up as a muslim..i guess but i never really followed it so now i think its time to back up my word and acually start following and practicing. please give me some good ideas on how to be a good muslim girl

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
07-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Wa alaikum asalam, sister; beautiful name. Welcome to the forums, may Allah bless you.

I guess one possible thing is to read up on the lives of incredible and famous women in the prophet's era and try to follow their example as much as possible.:)

GuestFellow
07-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Aslamu Alikum

Welcome.

You can start off by doing namaz 5 times a day. That should be your main priority since many Muslims I know find it difficult to pray on a regular basis. Follow the Islamic dress code and wear a Hijab, unless if you already follow it.

Do simple and small things to change your lifestyle. What do you dislike about yourself and what do you want to change about yourself in order to be a good Muslim? Read the Quran everyday. You only have to read small amounts and Allah shall recognise the effort you put in to be a good Muslim.

Slowly everyday make small changes. Before you go to sleep think of what you can do better tomorrow. Whatever decision you make or whatever you say or whatever actions you take, Allah is always watching you. This way, you will have a constant remainder of Allah.

Overall what I can say it will not be easy, but don't loose hope.

UmmHasan
07-28-2009, 01:06 AM
:sl:
Welcome to the forum sister!
:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.