/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it true???

Muhaba
07-27-2009, 09:19 AM
I read on another thread that ppl aren't their true selves on here. Is that true? While I know that ppl do pretend online, I thought this was such a great Islamic community whose members were such awesome ppl. I didn't think it was all an act. Was I wrong about this? I feel so heartbroken now.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-27-2009, 09:47 AM
:sl:
lol...you'll get weird people everywhere, just keep that in mind sis:D
i don't have a clue why someone would sign up as Muslim and act as a kaafir and other weird things that they may say online...if you don't have anything truthful to say, i dont see whats so hard about not saying anything at all...:hmm:

the only real thing that i can say in terms of my online/offline personality is that online i may appear as someone im not...not intentionally or anything, but online you have the advantage of editing posts and thoroughly thinking of what your going to say, as opposed to a real-life situation, sometimes you don't even realize what you say at all...

Al-Zaara
07-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Really don't worry too much about it! Online is different yes, but remember in real life people can come off differently aswell in several situations. Just do your own thing, be yourself and things will fall into place inshaAllah. :)

Oh, this could actually make us start a philosophical dialogue..

What is our "true self"?
Can we say one side of our personality and actions which is more dominating to be our "true self"?
Or is the "hidden" part of us, which rarely comes out, our "true self"?
Or can we accept our multidimensional depth and realize we might never really know our "true self"?
But is there even a "true self"?
How can we know?

Ok, maybe no need to discuss that all...

But seriously, don't worry about it inshaAllah!

GuestFellow
07-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Hmmm

There is not much difference between me online and me IRL.

In real life, I am just quiet and shy and don't tend talk a lot. Though people do mistaken my shyness for arrogance or snobbishness. :/

Online I find it easier to be friendly. In real life, I find it hard because people think I'm stuck up. :/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tilmeez
07-27-2009, 11:12 AM
I am my true self!

- IqRa -
07-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Mostly the same online as offline.

noorseeker
07-27-2009, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Hmmm

There is not much difference between me online and me IRL.

In real life, I am just quiet and shy and don't tend talk a lot. Though people do mistaken my shyness for arrogance or snobbishness. :/

Online I find it easier to be friendly. In real life, I find it hard because people think I'm stuck up. :/

i know what you mean, you cant tend to be shy online,

Tilmeez
07-27-2009, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
Yea. I am much cooler offline.
You sound true. The other day I read your singature! :X

alcurad
07-27-2009, 12:47 PM
I have many selves, the one online is the online self, which has many selves too. we like each other, and look pretty similar, sometimes we don't though, and then a really biiig self comes around and eats us up, and then it becomes an I, and then the I is just one, because one is comprised of an infinite number of decimals, or was it fractions, hmmn.

I have only one self, which has many sides, like music and clouds, which is called cloud music, if you hear it, tell me, because I am cloud music, so i can't hear myself, because It' me, I can notice others but not myself, if I do notice myself I'm noticing one part of it, but who's the me who's doing the noticing ?just look for 2 minutes in the mirror into your eyes and you'll see what I mean, actually don't do it, otherwise you won't be comfortable,,

In short, consciousness is resultant form a part of the Brain, this 'node' is not the same for everyone, or anyone for a long time, sometimes two consciousness nodes are activated at about the same time, giving the feeling of you being inside or observing yourself, this of course at this stage is not backed by science, since the brain is complicated.
but 'I' like 'myself' very much wither way, do you?
is that one part of you liking the other?
if you look into the components one by one there is no unifying factor, they are separate, some even conclude there is no self, but since when did systems function as separate components?

next: what is meaning?

جوري
07-27-2009, 01:11 PM
I am much eviler with but with a killer smile in real life.. like this

crayon
07-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm less cool online. Seriously. You wouldn't really get it unless you knew me in person, I guess.

Plus, it's so much harder for people to detect my sarcasm, and it makes it sound like I make lame jokes, which I don't. So I give up sarcasm online for the most part, it's just easier that way.

Oh, and I'm not made out of wax, as may be interpreted by my username.

But besides that, I'm pretty much the same.

Clover
07-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Sort of. I am a lot less calm in real life, and I don't have very intelligent conversations in real life, cause not a lot of intelligent people here. I have met a few though.

Cabdullahi
07-27-2009, 06:00 PM
I am very quiet in real life but i make people laugh! with silly sayings

Tony
07-27-2009, 06:41 PM
The same as anywhere, but its good to have thinking time before a reaction in here, some of the scrapes I get in are due to open mouth with loose connection to brain ! :D

Far7an
07-27-2009, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Yea. I am much cooler offline. But there isn't an option for that in the poll :hmm:
Yes there is! 'Total Opposite' :P.

Muhaba
07-28-2009, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
:sl:
Yeah, it's true that we won't be totally the same online as offline, but what i meant was whether ppl pretend to be totally different, you know like they seem really nice online and are actually rude. I know there will be some ppl like that, but i hope most aren't.

thanks for replying!

Muhaba
07-28-2009, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Really don't worry too much about it! Online is different yes, but remember in real life people can come off differently aswell in several situations. Just do your own thing, be yourself and things will fall into place inshaAllah. :)

Oh, this could actually make us start a philosophical dialogue..

What is our "true self"?
Can we say one side of our personality and actions which is more dominating to be our "true self"?
Or is the "hidden" part of us, which rarely comes out, our "true self"?
Or can we accept our multidimensional depth and realize we might never really know our "true self"?
But is there even a "true self"?
How can we know?

Ok, maybe no need to discuss that all...

But seriously, don't worry about it inshaAllah!
I guess one's real self would be what one is inside out!

Muhaba
07-28-2009, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
I have many selves, the one online is the online self, which has many selves too. we like each other, and look pretty similar, sometimes we don't though, and then a really biiig self comes around and eats us up, and then it becomes an I, and then the I is just one, because one is comprised of an infinite number of decimals, or was it fractions, hmmn.
Lol your post reminded me of a couple of jokes i'd read:

Roses are red violets are blue i am schizophrenic and so am i.

and:
a guy was asked how he was. He replied, "at first i had schizophrenia, now we are ok.

not saying that you are schizophrenic! we do have many selves, it depends on the mood i think. sometimes we can be quiet, sometimes serious, sometimes funny, etc.

_PakistaN_
07-28-2009, 05:07 AM
If you look at the purpse of this forum. It's an Islamic forum. No one would waste their time here doing 100's or thousands of posts just for the heck of it. Even if we might not be completely on track we are still trying hard to stick with Islam. Am I speaking on behalf of everybody else?

Sizzlerjimer
07-28-2009, 05:11 AM
asalam u alikum wa rehamatulahi wa berkathu

i am the same i am loud u knw one of those guys who are like loud do u know wat i mean ppl??but i am quiet where i have to be,very confident same wud say over confident or arrogant which ALHAMDULILALLAH i am not coz arrogancy is sort of a sin ALLAH knows best.
If you go around my posts you will see i am veryyyyyy talkative lol This seriously is like writing something for the marriage resume lol.

sister muhaba you need to remember not everything that seems gold is gold.

They did this research in engiland and 1/3 or may be it was 2/3:hmm: i cant remember but yea ppl were fake like fat ppl said they were handsome and fit and so on and so forth.

May ALLAH save you from any harms in this life and ur online life. AMEEN

Forced_In
07-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Online :

Salaam - Hello

Pretty looking stuff goes here.

Wassalam - Peace

Offline :

MUHAHAHA ...

Ar-RaYYan
07-28-2009, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
I read on another thread that ppl aren't their true selves on here. Is that true? While I know that ppl do pretend online, I thought this was such a great Islamic community whose members were such awesome ppl. I didn't think it was all an act. Was I wrong about this? I feel so heartbroken now.
Do you mean in terms of people stating they belong to a particular faith when in reality they dont? well do have some here who do . Just the other there this guy whose profile said that his way of life was muslim but in all of his posts he was cursing the prophet( may peace and blessings be upon him) and the Qur'an.
Or do you mean in terms of their personality. Some people do it just to trick others (but they tend to be minority) other people do it because they want to protect themselves.Unfortunately, we have dodgy people here who read too much into someones post and may start to contact them or there are members here who might be less serious and tend to joke around in real life but on the forum they act all mature so people can take them serious. So its not all bad if people are not their true self online.

O2K
07-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I am much cooler online. offline I wear glasses sometimes.

Muhaba
07-29-2009, 05:33 AM
Thanks for your reply! my post was about ppl who pretend to be all nice (or religious) when actually they are not. i'm glad tht most ppl are their true self even if they aren't exactly like offline.

Tony
07-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Allah knows best what is hidden in our hearts and what is open to all

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.