/* */

PDA

View Full Version : are the asians and arabs following the whites and the blacks

revert
07-28-2009, 12:02 PM
salam everyone im a revert im mixed.i live in usa were we have hollwood its are mainly white and blacks but i heard that the asians and arabs have bollywood im confused why they following hollywood when they are muslims my question is are the any muslim countries who have bollywood ? thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
07-28-2009, 12:09 PM
May Allah increse you understanding of Islam and grant you knowledge, Ameen. Assalamu aleiykum wa Rahmatulahi, good to hear from you I am a revert also Alhamdulillah. The thing about Holly/Bollywood is that its not good but Muslims come in all states of Imaan, we should pray for Allah to grant us strength to stay away from these things which lead to haraam actions and low imaan. I am sure there are other brothers and sisters that will give a more conscise answer so will leave it there. Welcome to the forum and welcome to Islam brother, may Allah guide you, Ameen:D

revert
07-28-2009, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
May Allah increse you understanding of Islam and grant you knowledge, Ameen. Assalamu aleiykum wa Rahmatulahi, good to hear from you I am a revert also Alhamdulillah. The thing about Holly/Bollywood is that its not good but Muslims come in all states of Imaan, we should pray for Allah to grant us strength to stay away from these things which lead to haraam actions and low imaan. I am sure there are other brothers and sisters that will give a more conscise answer so will leave it there. Welcome to the forum and welcome to Islam brother, may Allah guide you, Ameen:D
i use to hate when muslims say how bad non muslims are and they themselves watch their own version bollywood

- IqRa -
07-28-2009, 12:16 PM
InshaAllaah we should look at what we ourselves do before pointing fingers at others.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
07-28-2009, 12:32 PM
TIA is right, Jazak Allahu Kyran for the reminder and I fully take this on board, but for a newcomer it is a valid question. Peace

Woodrow
07-28-2009, 12:57 PM
There are many who wear the name of Muslim, but do not always follow Islam. People are people.

Also keep in mind being Asian or Arab does not automatically mean a person is Muslim. Asians and Arabs are Nationalities or races depending upon your view. Asians and Arabs come in all flavors. Some are Muslim, some are Christian, some are Jews, some are Atheists, some are Pagans, etc.

Tony
07-28-2009, 01:02 PM
^^^good point, it is also wise to consider that not all devout muslims outwardly appear to be so. The point is within your heart you know what is good for your soul and what is not.

Ansariyah
07-28-2009, 04:54 PM
*perplexed*

Muezzin
07-28-2009, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by revert
salam everyone im a revert im mixed.i live in usa were we have hollwood its are mainly white and blacks but i heard that the asians and arabs have bollywood im confused why they following hollywood when they are muslims my question is are the any muslim countries who have bollywood ? thanks
I hate Bollywood in its current state. A load of badly-written, badly-performed, badly-directed meaningless drivel. The old black-and-white Indo-Pakistani films actually had content and tried to tell a meaningful story, and otherwise tried to add to the rich artistic contributions of all kinds from the subcontinent.

Bollywood in its current state is lame, sub-Hollywood melodramatic drek. Hollywood in its current state is generally lame, unimaginative fluff designed solely (rather than primarily) to turn a profit.

The really good stuff, as in all art forms, tends to require some digging.

There are plenty of Muslim countries who broadcast Bollywood movies, but the movies are made in India. The word 'Bollywood' was not self-imposed by the Indian film companies, but imposed by those outside the country because of the fact that the industry formed an amusing counterpart to Hollywood.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.