/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalaamu alaykum brothers, sisters, and respected elders

HinduIconoclast
07-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, my dear brothers, sisters, and respected elders.

I was born into a Hindu family and practiced Hinduism throughout my childhood. However, later on I began to question my faith and after some research into Christianity, I became an Evangelical Christian at age 13. After about a year-and-a-half, I began to question my beliefs even more and after some more in-depth investigation into Hinduism, I reconverted back to Hinduism. After about eight or nine months, I began to investigate Islam and after some very in-depth research, watching videos of lectures by Dr. Zakir Naik, Khalid Yasin, Bilal Philips, and Ahmed Deedat, I adapted many Islamic beliefs, but I never accepted Quranic creationism (since I went back to believing in Darwinism after I left Evangelical Christianity). After about half a year, I left this Islamic belief system and went back to Christianity, this time a less fundamentalist belief system which agreed with Darwinian evolution and aligned most-closely with the Southern Baptist Convention. A while later, after even more research into Christian doctrine and finding the Christian concept of "God is love" very troubling, I went back to Hinduism. Now I am almost 17 years old and I follow a belief system which combines Islamic theology beliefs with Hindu jursiprudence. By that I mean that I believe in One formless God who created the universe, I believe in tawheed, I refer to God as Allah, I believe that practices such as: idol-worship, anthropomorphism of Divinity, astrology, fortune telling, card-reading, palmistry, etc. should be forbidden and its practicioners punished. However, the Hindu jurisprudence comes in because I believe in cremating the dead instead of burying them, I do not abstain from eating pork, I discourage circumcision, I do not think that women should be covered up by a hijab/burqa, etc.

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-30-2009, 01:02 AM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by HinduIconoclast
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, my dear brothers, sisters, and respected elders.

Welcome to the forum . Pl. check this thread , a sis started it for u :)

Discussion with HinduIconoclast

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...conoclast.html

Snowflake
07-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum,

That's an interesting religious history you have there. Although I've not yet seen the link sister muslim woman posted, I hope you can find the logic behind the Islamic teachings you disagree with so far. Finally, I pray Allah guides you to the Truth for good. Ameen.

جوري
07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
:welcome: aboard Hindu ..

I hope you come to your own as your knowledge deepens and and crystallizes..

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
07-31-2009, 09:53 PM
Greetings and peace be with you HinduIconoclast; welcome to the forum, all this searching and you are just 17, amazing.

In the spirit of praying to the one God who hears all our prayers despite all our differences.

Eric

Zafran
08-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Salaam

welcome to the forum - hope you find it educational

have you checked Islamic jurisprudence out?

peace

Strzelecki
08-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey HinduIconoclast.
Welcome to the forums.
I hope you enjoy your time here and benefit insha'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.