/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need help regarding islamic books

zakirs
07-29-2009, 06:34 AM
salaam all ,

i need help regarding some islamic books that help me learn more about islam ( hadith , history , etiquette ) , but the problem is although i have read quran in arabic and many other books in urdu .. over the time i have lost touch in urdu. So , i would prefer to read them in english.Could any one suggest some thing.

PS: i also have a difficulty in understanding the literary english that is used in holybooks( for ex: quranic translations ( thou thy ?? ) )

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Theres loads of books i dont know where to start..
Well for starters, this website: http://www.idci.co.uk/home.php and this website: http://www.azharacademy.com/scripts/...p?idCategory=4 has very good books which are free or cheap..

Books i really liked reading and it gave me alot of knowledge alhamdulilah is The Spectacle of Death by Khawaja Islam - gives you insight on glimpses of the grave etc as well as how to perform a Janaza. Theres also other books like Fiqh Essentials which is really good. But have a look at those websites and im sure you'l find some good ones Inshallah :)

And as for the Quran issue, i have the same issue but i have the meaning of the Quran by M Marmaduke Pickthall. I had this other interpretation of the Quran which was really good and easy to understand English but i cant remember who it was by. All i know is that Walkers was the publisher..

zakirs
07-30-2009, 06:55 PM
salaam sis ,

i have the exaclty same version of translated quran and it kind of becomes difficult to understand the complex english.ill give a try about those aforementioned books.thanks for the help :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.