/* */

PDA

View Full Version : feeling discouraged

anonymous
07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
are there people around you and in your life who when you tell them of a good idea, come up with like 100 negative comments against it and as a result you feel horribly discouraged? how do you deal with them (other then ignore it because it doesnt work)

how do you deal with your own parents stopping you from doing good and benefiting other people for no reason other then they dont trust you even though you haven't done anythign to break their trust :( the one thing i feel passionate about and care to defend and im stopped. why? why when i havn't done anything to break thier trust adn why when they know me to be trustworthy? i wouldnt do anythign stupid and im not just saying that, i really wouldnt because i know myself that when someone gives me a trust, i honor it as best as i can. *sighs*

how do you "block out" all that unnecessary and poinsing comments and stay focused on what you want to do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
07-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Ignore and stay focued on what you want to achieve?

AnonymousPoster
07-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I know h ow u feel, my sis just gave me some attitude after i announced that i'm going to work ''i found a job''. u'd think they'd support u not bring u down:exhausted

Take sis TIA's advice

ahmed_indian
07-29-2009, 01:48 PM
yes, ppl sometimes discourage us.

but if u r right, tell them about this gently. if they dont listen, have patience in Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
07-29-2009, 06:42 PM
I know the feeling anonymous. People's reactions can hurt. But what can you do eh? If you really are convinced your ideas are good, then persist in turing them into reality. Once people see with their own eyes the usefulness of an idea, their reactions will be different. Sometimes people find it hard to imagine an idea when you are simply talking about it.

As for parents preventing you from doing something, it is better and more rewarding for you if you listen to them. In fact it is more rewarding for you than benefitting other people.

However, there will come a time in your life when you will be able to follow your own decisions. Don't give up on your dreams. Sometimes, we face hurdles and obstructions because Allah knows that thing won't be good for us in that time. But if your neeyah is to do good, inshaAllah, Allah will give you the opportunity to do it when He knows its beneficial for you. For now serve your parents, learn the deen, Quran and concentrate on your studies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.