/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Occupation 101

shible
07-30-2009, 03:15 AM
:sl:

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I had been browsing and found this interesting torrent related to really eye-opening documentary

Here goes the link

Occupation 101

People who don't have idea on torrent can go through this link before checking the above link.

What is Torrent

Hope you get to know more info on few stuffs that had been wrongly Framed.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shible
07-30-2009, 05:24 AM
Synopsis

A thought-provoking and powerful documentary film on the current and historical root causes of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Unlike any other film ever produced on the conflict -- 'Occupation 101' presents a comprehensive analysis of the facts and hidden truths surrounding the never ending controversy and dispels many of its long-perceived myths and misconceptions.

The film also details life under Israeli military rule, the role of the United States in the conflict, and the major obstacles that stand in the way of a lasting and viable peace. The roots of the conflict are explained through first-hand on-the-ground experiences from leading Middle East scholars, peace activists, journalists, religious leaders and humanitarian workers whose voices have too often been suppressed in American media outlets.

The film covers a wide range of topics -- which include -- the first wave of Jewish immigration from Europe in the 1880's, the 1920 tensions, the 1948 war, the 1967 war, the first Intifada of 1987, the Oslo Peace Process, Settlement expansion, the role of the United States Government, the second Intifada of 2000, the separation barrier and the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, as well as many heart wrenching testimonials from victims of this tragedy.

Occupation 101 Weblink

GuestFellow
07-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks for this bro. I'm going to watch this. =)

crayon
07-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Ah yeah, I have this, haven't watched it yet. Saw only the first couple of minutes and like the beginning, though.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
07-30-2009, 11:49 AM
I just watched some of it on youtube. Its awful...

shible
07-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Sorry Guys,

Wasn't around for a while.

I found lot of good stuffs on Torrent which discuss on personal and social welness.
I will show the path for such great knowledge. Insha Allah let all of us get utilized...

GuestFellow
07-30-2009, 02:17 PM
I finished watching it. The Israeli government are tyrants.

shible
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I finished watching it. The Israeli government are tyrants.
Thanks Bro,

Also spread the video to the people you know . so could know the real thing that is happening

GuestFellow
07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
Thanks Bro,

Also spread the video to the people you know . so could know the real thing that is happening
Just did, my friends and relatives are interested in it.

O2K
07-30-2009, 08:52 PM
I saw this video a while ago. one of the best. there are a few other ones as well, some focus directly on the media relations with Israel. Also there is one recently where a reporter talks about the recent massacre that happened in Gaza at the end of 2008 early 2009, and he documents how reporters were reglegated to a hill miles and miles away from Gaza.

Brasco
07-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Insha'allah, the west will open their eyes on the truth by comprehending that they are absolutly not the peace makers. Let's just review the history of the world, esp. the middle east: our lands are bombed! we're driven outta our homes! we're forced to adapt their customs! Who set up the Taliban? Did not the US support them to fight against the Russians? They were called fredom fighters! now they're terrorists! Who set up Saddam Husain? and we can go on and there will be so many examples! Just think of mokka for a moment! We may love mokka to drink! but what about the city of Mokka which was destroyed by french and britain!

shible
07-31-2009, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by O2K
I saw this video a while ago. one of the best. there are a few other ones as well, some focus directly on the media relations with Israel. Also there is one recently where a reporter talks about the recent massacre that happened in Gaza at the end of 2008 early 2009, and he documents how reporters were reglegated to a hill miles and miles away from Gaza.
Salaam Bro,

I think i found the link to video which you are referring. But let me download and check it before i post more details and link about the video.

it seems to run for 48 mins

Periwinkle
07-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Brasco - Yep,let's review the history of the world especially the Middle East. Where do you want to start?

In the 7th century when muslims surged out of Arabia and conquered the Christian lands of Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria,Morocco, Southern Spain, Southern France, Southern Italy, Greece, the Balkans, Hungary,Turkey and the once Christian lands we now know as Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, the Holy Lands and Jordan? Plus Zoroastrian Persia, Hindu/Bhuddist India and Afghanistan. They not only conquered these countries, they Islamicised them. The millions slain in these wars would not have thought of the muslims as peacemakers. Castles of skulls in India - over 70 million slain according to muslim records.

Don't think for one moment that people ever forget these things.

Do you know how many battles were fought to ensure Islam did not capture any more of Europe than it already had and how many men died to achieve this? Lepant (Italy) Tours( France) and the major one in 1450, The Gates of Vienna in Austria.

Do you know how many Christian children were taken to be converted and serve in the Islamic armies - thousands, every year.

OK - back to the Middle East. In the first World War 1918 the Ottoman Empire voluntarily entered the battle on the side of the Germans who, as we know, lost the war to the British and the French. The muslims had no major cause to enter the war - noone had attacked them but by doing so they lost the lands of the Middle East which had comprised the Ottoman Empire. You know - Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan. Israel and Palestine were actually in the area called Southern Syria when ruled by the Ottomans. They then became Britain and France's lands to do what they wanted with. The muslims lost them, just as the Christians/Jews lost theirs to the muslims many years before. And, furthermore, we did not try to make you Christians or dhimmis!

So - in every battle against the non muslims, Islam was the aggressor and while you watch videos made by people who want you to believe that you are the good guys, read some history and reflect on Islams past, then think about what you have just written. And think about which civilization has progressed and which civilization has regressed and stagnated.

The more educated muslims and Westerners are completely aware of this history. I can only think that you are very young and naive and have yet to do your GSCE in world history. Until you come to terms with your past you will never go forward. Watching videos like this do not educate you, they intentionally make a bad situation worse by making you see muslims as victims and entrapping you in a never ending 'badly done by' syndrome. Not good for your mental health.

shible
07-31-2009, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by O2K
Hi Bro,

I have posted the mentioned video.

you can get the torrent video link on the below path

Dispatches - Unseen Gaza 2009

Brasco
07-31-2009, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle
Brasco - Yep,let's review the history of the world especially the Middle East. Where do you want to start?

In the 7th century when muslims surged out of Arabia and conquered the Christian lands of Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria,Morocco, Southern Spain, Southern France, Southern Italy, Greece, the Balkans, Hungary,Turkey and the once Christian lands we now know as Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, the Holy Lands and Jordan? Plus Zoroastrian Persia, Hindu/Bhuddist India and Afghanistan. They not only conquered these countries, they Islamicised them. The millions slain in these wars would not have thought of the muslims as peacemakers. Castles of skulls in India - over 70 million slain according to muslim records.

Do you know how many battles were fought to ensure Islam did not capture any more of Europe than it already had and how many men died to achieve this? Lepant (Italy) Tours( France) and the major one in 1450, The Gates of Vienna in Austria.

Do you know how many Christian children were taken to be converted and serve in the Islamic armies - thousands, every year.

OK - back to the Middle East. In the first World War 1918 the Ottoman Empire voluntarily entered the battle on the side of the Germans who, as we know, lost the war to the British and the French. The muslims had no major cause to enter the war - noone had attacked them but by doing so they lost the lands of the Middle East which had comprised the Ottoman Empire. You know - Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan. Israel and Palestine were actually in the area called Southern Syria when ruled by the Ottomans. They then became Britain and France's lands to do what they wanted with. The muslims lost them, just as the Christians/Jews lost theirs to the muslims many years before. And, furthermore, we did not try to make you Christians or dhimmis!

So - in every battle against the non muslims, Islam was the aggressor and while you watch videos made by people who want you to believe that you are the good guys, read some history and reflect on Islams past, then think about what you have just written. And think about which civilization has progressed and which civilization has regressed and stagnated.

The more educated muslims and Westerners are completely aware of this history. I can only think that you are very young and naive and have yet to do your GSCE in world history. Until you come to terms with your past you will never go forward. Watching videos like this do not educate you, they intentionally make a bad situation worse by making you see muslims as victims and entrapping you in a never ending 'badly done by' syndrome. Not good for your mental health.
It just shows me how narrow-minded, uneducated, naive you are!! It is you, who has to do your GSCE in world history! Not in pro-western world history!

You forgot a few points, the British took Egypt, Sudan and the small states of the Persian Gulf. France seized Algeria and Morocco ( 1798). All in all, it is a 900 year history of Western involvement in the Middle East.

Ah, and do you know in the late 11th century, the pope of rome declared a crusade to take Jerusalem from the Arabs? In just a few yeary they seized the city by slaughtering the muslim and jewish inhabitants!

And think about colonialism! Salavery! :) It seems you really need to do your GSCE in world history! :)

Peace be with you

P.s: You should read history of both sites! No human was forced to become a muslim! :)

Periwinkle
08-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Brasco - yes, I forgot about the crusades, I was generalizing too much. They were organised to regain the Christian Holy Sites because the muslims were preying on the Christian pilgrims and barring them from entry.

Colonialism and slavery. What else was the conquering of all those lands by Islam but colonialism! It was fine when Islam did it, but when the Europeans did it, it was wrong.

Slavery. Still practiced by Islam. Muslim Mauritania - over half a million indentured slaves. Slavery is codified in the Quran.

All in all it has been 1300 years of Islamic aggression and expansion in the Mediterranean, Southern Europe and India.

My post was too generalised, I did not go into minor facts like the muslims faring as far as Iceland and Ireland (where a whole village disappeared, taken by muslim slave traders) I was just contending that Islam was colonising other countries long before the west did.

You talk about a 900 year involvement in the Middle East - the Europeans were there for two short periods (the Crusades) until the 1800s - they were not there for nine continuous centuries whereas Islam dug in and stayed in Christian/Jewish/Hindu/Bhuddist countries for thirteen centuries! Major, major difference!

I have actually studied Islamic and pre-Islamic history and am a long way past the GSCE stage and having lived in Islamic countries I am certainly not naive. You ever lived anywhere else but UK?

I suggest you investigate Islam a bit more, if you do not believe that Christian boys were not taken from Europe as janissarys you do not know your history. And yes I have read many muslim sources as well as western sources.

The first book we studied was the Quran (what an eye opener, to think in this day people still subscribe to a 7th century mindset) and of course, the Ibn Ishaq's biography, the ahadiths and wars of Mohammed ,the first four caliphs, Tabari etc. and on and on until the present day. Not a pretty picture but then neither were some of the Christian countries. And dont try and fob me off with quotes from the Old Testament because Christianity/Judaism relegated that to the past years ago, it is irrelevant and read only for its historical content.

The overview being that Islam was a militant aggressive ideology which is still mentally instilled in the more uneducated countries and altho' Europe was also guilty of colonialism it left the lands it occupied and did not try to instill its Christian faith in the indigenous peoples e.g. Malaysia, Indonesia, India.

Too many countries today are still suffering aggression and ethnic cleansing because of Islam e.g. Nigeria, Mindanao (southern Phillipines), southern Thailand, Algeria - the list is endless. Sectarian violence in Islam are causing horrendous suffering in muslim countries and their treatment of non muslims is medievil. Islamic terrorism still infects the world - the only religion to kill foreign innocents, what have the Irish, New Zealanders, Fijians etc. ever done to Islam that they should lose their lives because muslims seem to be unable to cope with the modern world?

Do you want to review the genocide of the Christian Armenians in the early 1900s.
One and a half million - killed by the Ottoman muslims.

The Palestinians have certainly suffered (more because of what their Arab brothers have done to them rather than the Israelis) but they have never been massacred in the way muslims have massacred non muslims.

So now we know that the muslims conquered the Holy Land, then many centuries later the non muslims reconquered it, but Islam are the ones who will not let go of what originally was not theirs anyway and because their religion says it is Waqf. Unfortunately International law trumps Islamic law and the notion that once a muslim land, always a muslim land belongs to the middle ages. QED

rk9414
08-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Oh please...is there any institution which has killed and oppressed more people than the Catholic Church.

Periwinkle
08-01-2009, 03:16 AM
The Catholic Church certainly were no angels, but they have nothing on Islam!

rk9414
08-01-2009, 03:48 AM
The Catholic Church certainly were no angels, but they have nothing on Islam!
Don't be delusional. If you count the number of Jews, Protestants, heretics, witches, pagans, Muslims, and other non-Catholic Christians that were victims undoubtedly it is in the hundreds of millions...sorry no institution was more intolerant and oppressive than the Catholic Church.

Periwinkle
08-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Yes, but the Catholic Church did not have armies colonising non Catholic lands. The Phillipines and South America were colonised by Spain whose Catholic priests conducted the conversions, witch hunts etc. - it cannot possibly be compared to Islam.

Armies were not killing, plundering,raping and converting people under the banner of Catholocism - only the muslim armies did this, under the banner of Islam.

The Crusades - yes, they fought under the Christian Cross.

But hundreds of millions killed by the Roman Catholics - could you point me to a source that could confirm this?

Woodrow
08-01-2009, 05:00 AM

True there were Muslims "invading" Europe. Some of my ancestors, the Mongols of the White and Golden Hordes were a large part of the "invaders" Check a little further in history and you will find my ancestors were quite brutal pagans who slaughtered without thought and enjoyed war for the sake of war. they did not come into Europe as Muslims it was after their bloody conquests and their invasion of Arabia that they found Islam and became civilized and then acted as human beings. In the 1400s my ancestors were asked and paid to come into Poland and Lithuania as protectors in battles against the Christian Germans and British who were slaughtering the people of Poland and Lithuanian. Sadly Poland fell early as some of the Poles turned from their heritage and took the easy way out and joined with the Christians rather then die for what they believed. Lithuania held off until the 1800s but eventually succumbed by shear force of numbers by the Teutonic Knights. My ancestors the Lietuva Lipkas were forced into Christianity, Murdered or exiled from Lithuania.

I grew up Christian denied my heritage and had my ancestral past hidden. But,I escaped from the shackles of Christianity and by the Grace of Allaah(swt) returned to the path of my ancestors and my rightful home in Islam.

True some horrible acts were committed in the name of Islam, but that does not make those actions Islamic and not all who call themselves Muslim follow Islam. I do acknowledge that the actions of the Crusaders does not reflect the beliefs of all Christians, but the persecution of Muslims does go back many centuries and the crusades did not end until the 1800s they are not ancient history, they were in the time of my Grandparents.

rk9414
08-01-2009, 05:19 AM
Yes, but the Catholic Church did not have armies colonising non Catholic lands. The Phillipines and South America were colonised by Spain whose Catholic priests conducted the conversions, witch hunts etc. - it cannot possibly be compared to Islam.
That's an arbitrary distinction you made. They were still doing this in the name of religion, no? As far as I've read, history seems to show that these people were far more merciless in the way they dealt with civilians and non-combatants.

But hundreds of millions killed by the Roman Catholics - could you point me to a source that could confirm this?
Not necessarily killed, but victims of oppression and intolerance

Periwinkle
08-01-2009, 05:59 AM
RK9414:-

No, it was colonisation, pure and simple.

Woodrow:-

Perhaps you should delve into your history a bit more. Poland was part of the Holy Roman Empire when it was first formed as a country.

You must be Methusala if your grandparents were alive in the last Crusades which you say were in 1800. The Crusades ended in the 13th century. And I can never understand why muslims say they have been persecuted for many centuries? Could someone please explain this to me - I understand the colonisation of the last two centuries - but many centuries?

Woodrow
08-01-2009, 12:25 PM
RK9414:-

No, it was colonisation, pure and simple.

Woodrow:-

Perhaps you should delve into your history a bit more. Poland was part of the Holy Roman Empire when it was first formed as a country.

You must be Methusala if your grandparents were alive in the last Crusades which you say were in 1800. The Crusades ended in the 13th century. And I can never understand why muslims say they have been persecuted for many centuries? Could someone please explain this to me - I understand the colonisation of the last two centuries - but many centuries?
Sorry the crusades did not end until the 1800s. During the time of my Grandparents. There were continuous crusades throughout Europe.

True the "Official" Crusades ended by the 1600's but crusades against the Baltic People, more specifically against the Lipkas (Lithuanian Tatars) continued up into the late 1800s and possibly into the early 1900s. My Great Grand Parents were forced into Christianity and as a result from my Grand parents on my family tree was Christian.

These are the forgotten and seldom mentions crusades as the conquered were either exterminated or converted, but either way silenced.

If you get time read about the Lithuanian Tatars or as known in Lithuanian-- "Lietuva Lipkas"

Periwinkle
08-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Yes, Europe was a maelstrom of religious wars during those centuries. I will certainly read up on the background of Lithuania - I assume that it was part of the action to drive Islam out of Europe by local communities, unlike the Holy Crusades which drew Christians from Britain and Europe to fight to regain the Holy Lands occupied by the muslims.

There is a big distinction between the "Crusades" of the 12th century and localised holy wars that took place in the separate countries of Europe.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.