/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I knew both of these

Blackpool
07-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Sylwia was quiet and a very nice girl, I spoke to her a few times. Nathan I just saw about in Kirkham. How sad... imsad

Young couple killed in holiday crash

Published Date: 29 July 2009
A young Lancashire couple on holiday were killed when a taxi they were travelling in crashed into a bridge on a Polish motorway.
Nathan Wild and Sylwia Koreniowska, from Kirkham, near Preston, were on their way to the airport to fly home when the BMW lost control and careered off the road.

Sylwia, 22, was killed instantly while Nathan, 32, died in hospital from serious head injuries.

Police in Poland are now investigating the cause of the collision, which happened on July 19.

Nathan's devastated sister Anna said: "Nathan was taken to Bedzin Hospital with serious injuries and put on life support. We didn't find out until Monday teatime."

Anna's mother Lynn, 56, and brother Christian, 36, travelled to Poland as soon as they learned of the tragedy. They were at his bedside as he died.

Nathan's organs have since been donated to help others.

Anna, 28, a nurse at Blackpool Victoria Hospital, added: "Doctors said there was no chance of recovery at all. He was just being kept alive. But we don't think he suffered.

"Nathan supported organ donation and the doctors will be in touch with a list of what was taken."

Nathan grew up in Wesham, attending St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, St Bede's Catholic High, and Preston College.

He studied for a degree in building surveying at UCLan, but left after the death of his father David in 2000 and began working at the Fox's Biscuits factory in Kirkham.

Anna added: "Nathan was quiet and sensitive.

"He didn't bother anyone and loved animals and loved his niece and nephew Abigail and James.

"He also loved his football and supported Everton because his brother supported Liverpool.

"He enjoyed the outdoors and going camping and fishing."

Sylwia also worked at the plant and the couple had been together for around nine months.

Anna said: "We're all just expecting him to walk in like nothing's happened.

"Mum is devastated. Christian is arranging to have Nathan brought home and I'm trying to plan for the funeral."

Her partner Kevin Arts added: "It's left a huge hole in all our lives. The crash has devastated two families."

Polish police are investigating whether the taxi was being driven too fast when it crashed.

He is expected to be brought back to the UK on Friday and an investigation will also be carried out by the Blackpool and the Fylde Coroner.

His family hope to hold his funeral early next month at St Joseph's Church in Wesham.

The fatal crash happened on the worst weekend on record for road accidents in Poland – 50 people were killed and 700 suffered injuries.

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Young-coup...day.5503224.jp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cjmax02
07-31-2009, 12:44 AM
I feel so badly for their families.

Muslim Woman
07-31-2009, 12:55 AM
Salaam/Peace

Life is like that ,no guarantee , we don't know when angel of death will visit us .

May God guide all before death approaches.

May God gives family members strength & patience to bear the loss.

GuestFellow
07-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Salaam.

Man that is awful. I hope the family will be able cope with this loss.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.