/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Posts

Thinker
07-31-2009, 10:17 AM
The first anniversary of my membership of this forum is days away. In that time I have posted 702 messages and had 59 posts deleted. Is that number of deleted posts above or below average?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Detritavore
07-31-2009, 10:34 AM
So of your 762 (including current post) posts around 7.7% have been deleted.

Hmm, I would think that was a tad much Thinker...

But don't know for sure.

alcurad
07-31-2009, 11:37 AM
in order to pass the time many over use their powers, not much democracy see :hmm:

but really, it isn't too much, I think.

GuestFellow
07-31-2009, 04:44 PM
I think I had 5-10 posts deleted. Though I'm not sure.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
07-31-2009, 06:32 PM
i had 3 posts deleted. that's ... quite a lot *sad*

sister herb
07-31-2009, 06:45 PM
:sl:

I counted 6 posts of mine deleted (two including deleted threads). I don´t think it is much and if those posts were bad ones I think it was just a good that they were deleted.

:embarrass

Thinker
07-31-2009, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
I think I have a much bigger percentage of my posts deleted/lying in the bin :ermm:
wow - who has the power to delete the Administrator's posts, is there a power higher than Administrator; owner perhaps?

The Ruler
07-31-2009, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
wow - who has the power to delete the Administrator's posts, is there a power higher than Administrator; owner perhaps?
Other administrators? Or perhaps zaAak himself deletes them to increase his reputation to post ratio. Who knows~

How do you know the number of posts deleted? Do you keep count, or is there a nice summary of all your stats somewhere I'm not aware of?

Thinker
07-31-2009, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
if those posts were bad ones I think it was just a good that they were deleted.
Bad - hmmm, I don't think my posts were deleted because they were identified as 'bad,' the main reason is because they were off topic but for many of them I could argue that they weren't off topic. I don't know how it works, i.e. it could be that moderators spend their day trawling through posts trying to find ones which can be deleted or it could be (as I suspect) that a member highlights the post to a moderator for one reason or another and then they get deleted. And then there's the threads that are closed where no reasons can be found to delete the posts but the topic is causing general discomfort so the thread is closed.

Early on in my LI life I posted a thread 'do you want to live in a bubble' where I asked the question of the (Muslim) membership here whether they wanted a forum limited solely to Muslims with exactly the same views as them and not be exposed to difficult questions from people like me. The overwhelming majority reply was that they didn't want to 'live in a bubble,' that said some certainly do and I have been asked question like, "why don't I go away and join a group with the same views as myself" and I strongly believe that in some threads where I have produced good structured, logical and evidenced argument on an issue that some members have complained about the posts and the posts have been deleted or the thread closed. I’m not complaining about that, in general I think this forum is well run and well moderated, yes I’d rather my posts weren’t deleted but I’m still learning something new each day and I am still fascinated by what I learn and experience. :statisfie

sister herb
07-31-2009, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
How do you know the number of posts deleted? Do you keep count, or is there a nice summary of all your stats somewhere I'm not aware of?

Even I checked them from pms sended to me as:

This is an automated message, please do not reply.

Regards,
LI Islamic Forum Staff

The Ruler
07-31-2009, 08:46 PM
I... tend to delete those awesome PMs as soon as I get them.

sister herb
07-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Dear Thinker;

every forums has they own policy what is allowed and what is not; what is offtopic and what is not. It is just better to learn it fast and accept is.

:nervous:

I know it as I am admin/mod/super mod in somewhere else forums.

Thinker
07-31-2009, 10:04 PM
Other administrators? Or perhaps zaAak himself deletes them to increase his reputation to post ratio. Who knows~

You click on User CP (top left) and then half way down left hand side ‘Private messages’ - ‘List messages’ to see all the messages which shows all the ‘messages’ which includes the ‘deleted posts’ messages. Of course if you’ve had no ‘messages’ and no ‘deleted posts’ there’ll be none.

Thinker
07-31-2009, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Dear Thinker;

every forums has they own policy what is allowed and what is not; what is offtopic and what is not. It is just better to learn it fast and accept is.

:nervous:

I know it as I am admin/mod/super mod in somewhere else forums.
I do - I'm not complaining, I just wondered if my count was high?

alcurad
07-31-2009, 10:13 PM
I... tend to delete those awesome PMs as soon as I get them.
ditto, you guys keep all [pm]s :?

syilla
08-05-2009, 07:43 AM
can our post deleted but theres no message given?

p/s:- i think my deleted posts are higher...but i can't count it coz i've lost track of everything.

sur
08-15-2009, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
I think I have a much bigger percentage of my posts deleted/lying in the bin :ermm:
seem unbelievable!!! u r the MOD... howcome ur posts get deleted. Were they before u became a MOD?

Hhmmm

cat eyes
08-15-2009, 10:35 PM
what dose off topic supose to mean to people who don't know english that well can someone explain in the straight words for the people who join the forum and are not so good in english. would be helpful for them. the rules should be made easy for everyone to understand

Muezzin
08-16-2009, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
what dose off topic supose to mean to people who don't know english that well can someone explain in the straight words for the people who join the forum and are not so good in english. would be helpful for them. the rules should be made easy for everyone to understand
Off-topic posts are those that do not discuss the original subject of the thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.