/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Off for 15 days!

Beardo
07-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

I hope I put this in the right forum.

I'll be going back home to Bangladesh for roughly two weeks. It's my first time going back home in three years, and I request your duas. I really did not want to go initially, because of the musquitoes and heat. Also because I'll be coming back just the day before school and only 5 days before I have to lead Taraweeh. However, my Grandmother wants to see me, and my father wants me to see her. Thus, I am going with the intention to please my family and place a good impression on myself. I am very nervous, so please remember me in your duas. Insha'Allah this will be a trip I will remember forever, in a positive way. Insha'Allah I'll have a safe trip to and from, and create a bond with my family, especially my grandmother.

Actually, this is what changed my mind about going. Initially, I talked to a scholar and he said it is important that I perform my duty as a grandson, and he gave me good reasoning.

Then I talked to this other brother. He said he's never even been to the beach before, and growing up, he didn't have these opportunities to go outside of his state. Money was a problem, and that I should savor these moments. He said as young as I am, my responsibilities are minimal.

With the scholar and brother's words I am going in a positive attitude and outlook.

I am going into detail for a few reasons. Number one, I am having to hold up the Al-Qalam Newsletter and I think we'll have to delay it quite a bit. Possibly even until Hajj, but I'm hoping sooner. I just wanted our first issue to be on a major occasion such as Hajj or Ramadhan.

Number two, I want to excuse myself. I know I am not much of a help to begin with. Masha'Allah, the staff do so much, I think in my two months as administrator, I only moderated one post.

Number three... There is no #3. But my school teachers say if you are going to number "one, two, three..." you have to have a minimum of three bullets. =/

So again, please make dua. Shaking with nervous-ness if that is a word! I'll be leaving in three or four days, Insha'Allah.

Jazakumullah,
eHafiz/Rashad Abdullah

P.S. I want to buy a ring for my grandmother. Do they all come in one size or is there different sizes? :X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
07-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Asslamu Alikum

Have a nice time in Bangladesh! Yeah will dua for you.

P.S. I want to buy a ring for my grandmother. Do they all come in one size or is there different sizes?
I think they come in different sizes.

Muhaba
07-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Have a good, safe trip.

Rings come in different sizes. might be best to ask your mom what size to buy.

UmmHasan
07-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Have a safe trip! Rings come in different sizes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
07-31-2009, 06:57 PM
The last time I've been, it was the first in 5 years. It was odd seeing my cousins grown; old friends and acquaintances move on with life; new people in the family... But all that was awesome whilst it lasted. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time there. Everyone does.

Beardo
07-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Acha. Amake akon Bangla practees korthe hobe.

lol @ the practees.

Well, got lots to do!

Uthman
07-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Wa 'Alaykum As-salaam

Have a safe trip akhee! You will be sorely missed, but make the most of it Insha'Allah.

And whatever happens, don't become lax in your obligatory duties! I'm probably much more in need of this advice than you though.

Take care!

Nájlá
07-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Asalamu Alaykum,

Have a safe journey Brother. Make the most of it and don't forget to share your embarrassing moments when you come back :P

Mysterious Uk
07-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Ur so lucky, i went a couple of years ago and wud have luved to go back this year, inshallah will go next year tho. The heat is unbearable the first couple of days like, it's soooooo humid, but ya get used to it.

N e hu, enjoy it and have a safe trip, inshallah.

Beardo
07-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Jazakumullah to all of you and your great advice.

As far as embarassing moments, I can just picture myself running away from a Bangladeshi ant, and my four year old cousin flicking it away.

Besides spray and lotion, what other musquito repellants are there? Also, anything to do about the heat? =/

On the brighter side, it gives me an opportunity to buy clothes for my brother's wedding. :X

I'll be traveling, so if you guys need any duas, feel free to post. :D

I'll be sending an e-mail with the suspension notice of the radio, newsletter, etc. Sorry for the sudden halt in all the projects lol.

Tony
07-31-2009, 09:40 PM
enjoy your time with your grandma bro, they are such special people.:D

Hayaa
07-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Have a safe journey and remember us all in your duas. =)

alcurad
07-31-2009, 10:10 PM
I hate mosquitoes, other than wearing those mosquito nets all around the house I'd advise killing everyone of the little buggers, oh wait did I just say buggers :heated:

otherwise enjoy ^^)

The Ruler
07-31-2009, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
Besides spray and lotion, what other musquito repellants are there? Also, anything to do about the heat? =/
'Globes' and/or moshari. But if you sleep underneath the latter, you'll be a molten drain of skin and bones. There's nothing you can really do about the heat. Where you're going (away from Dhaka), the temperature is likely to be lower. There may not be air-conditioning, but there are normally huge standing fans that if you run with full power, should take care of the heat and the mosquitoes. But you must also be wary of power-outs. Thankfully, my grandmother is still young enough to fan me with a pakha... But yah~ Just pray fervently that the power-outs occur after 8 at night. That's the best time.

GuestFellow
07-31-2009, 10:29 PM
Man this makes me wanna go back to Pakistan. I miss riding the horses. : (

Beware of the mosquitoes. I had a spray to kill them. >_>

Mysterious Uk
07-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Gud old phaka is gud for the heat, last time i went i made one.. My grandparents always lit them swirly wirly green things to keep the mosquitoes away but they dont work very well.

Beardo
08-01-2009, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
'Globes' and/or moshari. But if you sleep underneath the latter, you'll be a molten drain of skin and bones. There's nothing you can really do about the heat. Where you're going (away from Dhaka), the temperature is likely to be lower. There may not be air-conditioning, but there are normally huge standing fans that if you run with full power, should take care of the heat and the mosquitoes. But you must also be wary of power-outs. Thankfully, my grandmother is still young enough to fan me with a pakha... But yah~ Just pray fervently that the power-outs occur after 8 at night. That's the best time.
Moshari! :D Though they don't work too well...

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Man this makes me wanna go back to Pakistan. I miss riding the horses. : (

Beware of the mosquitoes. I had a spray to kill them. >_>
Yeah, I told my mom I want spray AND lotion. =/ Still I doubt it'll ward them off.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk
Gud old phaka is gud for the heat, last time i went i made one.. My grandparents always lit them swirly wirly green things to keep the mosquitoes away but they dont work very well.
I want to bring my medicine etc from America. Don't trust those Bangladeshi pharmacies or whatever they have there.

-------

PLEASE READ MY BLOG! :D I am starting a new series "Bangladesh Memories & Diary"!!!

Beardo
08-01-2009, 12:57 AM
I posted a picture of the bracelet on my blog! :D

alcurad
08-01-2009, 01:14 AM
I think deodorant helps with the itches too,,

Beardo
08-01-2009, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
I think deodorant helps with the itches too,,
I thought that's dangerous. My deoderant says not to put it on cuts or something.

BlissfullyJaded
08-01-2009, 01:41 AM
:sl:

Have an wonderful trip bro! Hope you get to enjoy it loads, despite the heat and evil mosquitoes. May Allah grant you a safe and enjoyable trip and make you closer to your family during this trip. Ameen!

Tilmeez
08-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Have a nice trip to BD, bro. Enjoy ur time and bring us lots of photos.

With regards to weather, don't take it so seriously and I think things will be easy. If you doubt ask zAk :).

Take good care of your food and things will be OK, Inshallah.

Beardo
08-01-2009, 07:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Good riddance! :happy: Just 15 days? :ermm:

Have a safe trip, enjoy your time there, get married and come back with her to help you on and off the internet.
I'm just an innocentboy. See how he treats me? This is pure evidence. The staff members are too afraid to stop him. imsad

Al-Zaara
08-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Worried to visit because last time was three years ago?

If it makes you feel any better, in summer 2007, I and my one year younger sister visited our family in Kosovo for the first time since 11 years. Guess if that was a nervous time.

Be really careful with praying on time! No idea about your family or Bangladesh, but I personally found it difficult, I didn't have relatives who prayed regulary around me (as I've got here in Finland my whole family prays, elhamdulillah) and I was all the time busy with meeting people, so the prayer times were difficult to catch although I heard the ezaan from like 1904728 different places. :skeleton:

Beardo
08-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Kosovo? subhanallah. :X

I can imagine, but I think Insha'Allah, my extended family does pray. Or well, for the most part. Good point though.

Well, I guess I shouldn't be so nervous after all. :skeleton: But I still am. :exhausted

Al-Zaara
08-02-2009, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
Kosovo? subhanallah. :X
Huh? It's not that scary of a place. ;D

Far7an
08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
:sl:

May Allaah grant you a safe journey. Make du'aa for us whilst you travelling!

glo
08-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Have a good trip, brother!
When are you going?

Tony
08-03-2009, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
^You can't be sure he's going :ermm: Seeing he's friends with Alpha, he may pop in tomorrow and inform... he's actually changed his mind... and the trip is cancelled :ermm:

So many radio shows cancelled already :hmm:
we should club together and do a poet/rhyme/story creative writing special, how do we eo it ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.