/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is kosher meat halaal?

Faye
07-31-2009, 07:58 PM
When we lived in the US, we used to eat only kosher meat as halaal meat wasn't available, and because Quran mentions that the food of ahl kitaab is permissible.

But I just began thinking that christians' meat is not considered permissible because they don't slaughter in the halaal manner. I know that Jews slaughter like we do, but do they say Allah's name on the animals?

Because the Quran forbids us from eating meat on which Allah's name has not been said.

So, does anybody know if Jews say Allah's name on their animals during slaughter?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
07-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Yes, it is permissible. As long as it is slaughtered according to the Islamic way, then you can say bismillah yourself before eating it. So even if Christians slaughter it like that, then it is permissible for you. There is a hadith that Aisha peace be upon her was offered meat from Jewish people, and she accepted, and said bismillah before eating it. InshaAllah I'll get you the hadith.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547478

convert
07-31-2009, 10:02 PM
yes, it is permissible. i dont eat it though because the money used when purchased said meat goes directly to israel.

Zafran
08-01-2009, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
yes, it is permissible. i dont eat it though because the money used when purchased said meat goes directly to israel.
Salaam

? - not always.

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
09-04-2009, 11:48 AM
:sl:

Asda near me have started stocking kosher products. Their halaal line is very very limited. I was wondering if I can buy the kosher food. but seems that its ok :)

ardianto
09-04-2009, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Yes, it is permissible. As long as it is slaughtered according to the Islamic way, then you can say bismillah yourself before eating it. So even if Christians slaughter it like that, then it is permissible for you. There is a hadith that Aisha peace be upon her was offered meat from Jewish people, and she accepted, and said bismillah before eating it. InshaAllah I'll get you the hadith.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547478
I remember to an advice from some Indonesians.
"When you are in a non-muslim country and you cannot find a halal meat that slaughtered according to Islamic way, you can eat 'non-halal meat' but you must say bismillah twice. First, for make it halal. Second, as a pray before eat".

rpwelton
09-04-2009, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
This is not always true. There are many Jews (especially the most Orthodox ones) who do not support the Zionists.

Ideally one should not choose kosher over halaal if they are both easily accessible, unless the halaal food is in doubt (kosher standards are much more strict than halaal standards in terms of oversight boards and approval processes).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.