/* */

PDA

View Full Version : saying DIVORCE as a joke

anonymous
07-31-2009, 08:24 PM
short n strait 2 da point: if sum1 says to their partner '' divorce divorce'' PURELY AS A JOKE and without the intention what impact does this have on the marij? was only sed twice thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
07-31-2009, 09:52 PM
It is counted as a real divorce, whether a person was kidding or not. There are 3 things where the 'joke' counts as truth, whether you mean it or not. The prophet peace be upon him said " There are three matters in which it is not permissible to joke: marriage, divorce and emancipation (of slave)." So if this has happened, then all the rulings of divorce apply.

alcurad
07-31-2009, 10:04 PM
just saying the word 'divorce' does nothing on the other hand, why would someone randomly say 'divorce' escapes me, either way, if it isn't clearly stated, then it has no affect.

celina
07-31-2009, 11:00 PM
What must be rememberd that marriage/divorce is no joke,, being almost divorced myself knows exactly how delicate these matters are. It does count as a divorce.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
touba
08-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Assalamou alaikoum,

If you say it as a joke or when you was up set does not affect you because it is only laghwo in islam so dont worry but dont repeat it again

Najm
08-02-2009, 10:49 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

No joke. Should never be mentioned!

FiAmaaniAllah

celina
08-02-2009, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by touba
Assalamou alaikoum,

If you say it as a joke or when you was up set does not affect you because it is only laghwo in islam so dont worry but dont repeat it again

But why would someone wan't to say divorce as a joke?

touba
08-03-2009, 05:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by celina
May be he want or she want to make him or her afraid and respect by a joke rather than real words to give attention to what gonna happen like a joke tahdid of relation a bit

anonymous
08-03-2009, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by celina
since when do you answer a question with another question? thats not the point. why r u bothered y he said it as a joke. all i wanted was a clear answer and thats not what i am gettin on here. thanks for all your replies but can you provide me with evidence and back up your points ta :hmm::hmm::hmm:

celina
08-03-2009, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
since when do you answer a question with another question? thats not the point. why r u bothered y he said it as a joke. all i wanted was a clear answer and thats not what i am gettin on here. thanks for all your replies but can you provide me with evidence and back up your points ta :hmm::hmm::hmm:
Aslam, that question wasn't really directed to you, I was trying to understand the essence of it myself, although a lot of people have told me that saying divorce as a joke counts as a real divorce. Will try and get sum evidence InshALLAH.

sarajulldin
08-03-2009, 11:18 PM
I had a case when we went to the doctors for my son who was ill.

there have an LCD screen there which comes up with your name and the room to go to. and her name appeared as Miss instead of Mrs.

I joked with her and said I didnt know you divorced me lol

I think in those circumstances fair enough, but never repeat it or give the impression you being serious even though you joking

touba
08-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Assalamou alaikoum wa rahmatou allah wabarakatou,

All i know that saying something as angry or jokes doesnt affect because is laghwo in islam

but if you say 3 times word divorce with a serious niyatte then is a serious matter i hope it helps,

Jazakoum allah khayiran

your sister in islam,

btissam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.