/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Out of Tears

anonymous
08-01-2009, 07:03 PM
:sl:

I keep getting tested, will there ever come ease? Just when I set my hopes high, My Imaans getting stronger I keep getting knocked down? Ever since I was a child, until this moment as a young adult I'm still being tested. No one knows how great the pain I face is, no one can imagine it. I keep struggling on my own, everyones just givng me their duas, ''everything will be fine'' but nothings going to be fine. I use to be so strong in faith, what point is it to believe when there is no light at the end of the tunnel? My tests have made me numb. I'm out of tears.

I give up.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mathematician
08-01-2009, 09:32 PM
salamu 'alaykum,
First, you should know that most muslims (if not all) feel the same way at many points in their lives. I will speak only for myself here. I am 24 years old and there have been many times where I have had to shed tears. One thing comes up then that one is done and another one comes up. The cycle keeps repeating it seems.

You probably have heard this many times before but you didn't take it seriously. So maybe this is a chance for you to truly believe it. EVERYTHING happens for a good reason. That's right. In order to deal with life you have to firmly believe that everything happens for a good reason. If you don't then you will feel very weak and get thoughts like "why me? why is it always me?"

One simple fact of life: Experience is the mother of wisdom. Your message has little detail on what exactly you are going through, but rest assured that your experiences will insha'Allah make you a wise person. You see Allah causes some things to happen to us because there may be a certain side of you that will not appear had you not gone through that event. For example, say you see an orphan crying out of hunger. Maybe you don't like seeing that in people, but yet it allows your compassionate side to come out, making you a better person if you use the event to your advantage.
Another example, say you lose one of your legs. At the beginning it will be difficult to handle. In the near future it will make you for example appreciate your hands and thank Allah for giving you hands. And you know what Allah LOVES those who thank Him.
I remember there was an expert who spoke about how the people who are the happiest in this world are often those that are going through difficult times. He mentionned that there are cancer patients who are probably the happiest people on this earth. When he was asked why that's the case, he replied saying that through the cancer disease those patients learn to appreciate the greatest gift of all, the gift of life.

Beardo
08-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Excerpt from "Don't be sad"

Leave the future alone until it comes

The Event [the Hour or the punishment of disbelievers and polytheists or the Islamic laws or commandments], ordained by Allah will come to pass, so seek not to hasten it. (Qur'an 16: 1)

Be not hasty and rushed for things that have yet to come to pass. Do you think it is wise to pick fruits before they become ripe? Tomorrow is non-existent, having no reality today, so why should you busy yourself with it? Why should you have apprehensions about future disasters? Why should you be engrossed by their thoughts, especially since you do not know whether you will even see tomorrow?

The important thing to know is that tomorrow is from the world of the unseen, a bridge that we do not cross until it comes. Who knows, perhaps we might never reach the bridge, or the bridge might collapse before we reach it, or we may actually reach it and cross safely.

For us to be engrossed in expectations about the future is looked down upon in our religion since it leads to our having a long-term attachment to this world, an attachment that the good believer shuns. Many people of this world are unduly fearful of future poverty, hunger, disease, and disaster: such thinking is inspired by the Devil.

Satan threatens you with poverty and orders you to commit Fahsha [evil deeds, illegal sexual intercourse, sins etc.], whereas Allah promises you Forgiveness from Himself and Bounty... (Qur'an 2: 268)

Many are those who cry because they see themselves starving tomorrow, falling sick after a month, or because they fear that the world will come to an end after a year. Someone who has no clue as to when he wil die (which is all of us) should not busy himself with such thoughts.
Since you ire absorbed in the toils of today, leave tomorrow until it comes. Beware of becoming unduly attached to future prospects in this world.

Tony
08-01-2009, 11:50 PM
You cxan always rely on your brothers who love you for the sake of Allah and will always listen and try to help, peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
08-02-2009, 08:38 AM
:sl:
just solider on. because there is simply no other way around it. :thumbs_up

Uthman
08-02-2009, 09:00 AM
This question might seem strange...but are your parents still alive? If so, do you have a good relationship with them?

celina
08-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Never give up, things will deffineltly get better InshAllah as long as your imaan is strong.

I have been going through a hard time and I know other people are too , but what keeps me going is my faith and my love for Islam. I am so proud to be a muslim. May Allah ease your pain..ameen.

ahmed_indian
08-04-2009, 03:09 PM
there are many like you. dont be sad bro/sis!

prophets (peace be upon them) were the best people but their test were also greatest.

sahaba's (ra) suffered so much, some even till death, but they did not leave Iman and Islam.

if u leave islam, u cant be sure that everything will be alright. but Hereafter will be destroyed.

may Allah help u.

- IqRa -
08-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Don't believe then. Why do you believe? There must be some reason behind it. You must know and feel with your heart that Allah will help you. This language is that of the shaytan's.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.