/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bidah alert for 15th of Shaban

ilm.seeker
08-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Bidah alert for 15th of Shaban

August 3, 2009 at 10:12 AM (Uncategorized) (Bidah, sha'baan) · Edit

Specifying the day of the 15th of Sha’baan by fasting or reciting the Qur.aan or performing naafilah prayers
Question: We see some people specifying the 15th of Sha’baan with particular supplications and reciting the Qur.aan and performing naafilah prayers. So what is the correct position concerning this, and may Allaah reward you with good?
Response: That which is correct is that fasting the 15th of Sha’baan or specifying it with reciting (the Qur.aan) or making (particular) supplications has no basis. So the day of the 15th of Sha’baan is like any other 15th day of other months. So from that which is known is that it has been legislated for a person to fast the 13th, 14th and 15th of every month, however, Sha’baan is characterised unlike the other months in that (except for Ramadhaan) the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) used to fast more in Sha’baan than any other month . So he used to either fast all of Sha’baan or just a little. Therefore, as long as it does not cause difficulty for a person, it is befitting to increase in fasting during Sha’baan in adherence to the example of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam).
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen
al-Bid’u wal-Muhdathaat wa maa laa Asla lahu – Page 612
Fataawa Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saalih al-’Uthaymeen – Volume 1, Page 190

Standing the night of the 15th of Sha’baan in prayer and fasting during it’s day

Question: Is standing the night of the 15th of Sha’baan in prayer and fasting during it’s day legislated?
Response: Nothing firm and reliable has been established on the authority of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) that he stood in prayer in the night and fasted during the day of the 15th of Sha’baan. So the night of the 15th of Sha’baan is like any other night, and if someone is a regular worshipper during other nights, then he may stand the night in prayer on this night without assuming anything special (because of it being the night of the 15th of Sha’baan). This is because specifying a time for any act of worship requires a authentic proof, so if there is no authentic proof then the act is regarded as an innovation and all innovations are misguidance. Likewsie, regarding specifically fasting during the 15th day of Sha’baan, then no (authentic) proof has been established on the authority of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) to indicate the legislation of fasting on that particular day.
As for that which is mentioned from the ahaadeeth regarding this subject, then all of it is weak as the people of knowledge have indicated. However, whoever has the habit of fasting the 13th, 14th and 15th (of every month), then he can continue and fast during Sha’baan as he fasts during the other months, without assuming anything special about the 15th of Sha’baan. Also, the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) used to increase in fasting during this month (Sha’baan), however, he did not particularise the 15th day, rather proceeded as per norm.

Shaykh Ibn Fowzaan

al-Bid’u wal-Muhdathaat wa maa laa asla lahu – Page 614
Noorun alad-Darb Fataawa Shaykh Saalih Ibn Fowzaan – Volume 1, Page 87

Giving sadaqah specifically on the night of 15th of Sha’baan

Question: When my father was alive, he entrusted me to give sadaqah (charity) according to my means on the 15th of Sha’baan every year, and likewise I have been doing this ever since. However, some people have admonished me for doing so saying it is not permissible. So is giving sadaqah on the night of the 15th of Sha’baan permissible according to the willment of my father or not? Kindly advise us and may Allaah reward you with good.
Response: To specify the giving of sadaqah on the night of the 15th of Sha’baan every year is an innovation, and despite your father having entrusted you with that, it is not permissible. It is befitting you give this sadaqah without specifying the night of the 15th of Sha’baan, rather do so every year and in whichever month, but without particularising any one month (on a consistent basis). However, it is permissible to do so in the month of Ramadhaan (for the evidence which indicates so).
And with Allaah lies all success and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his family and his companions.
The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa
al-Bid’u wal-Muhdathaat wa maa laa Asla lahu – Page 611
Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa.imah lil-Buhooth al-’Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa. – Fatwa No. 9760
Source: fatwa-online.com
Related Link:

AsSalam Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuhu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
08-03-2009, 06:30 AM
:sl:
tbh, i've never heard of this celebration. why is the 15 of shaban significant? and also, what is that thing that people celebrate in Rajab? is that the same thing?

ilm.seeker
08-03-2009, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
tbh, i've never heard of this celebration. why is the 15 of shaban significant? and also, what is that thing that people celebrate in Rajab? is that the same thing?

In indian sub-continent
15th of Shabaan is celebrated as "Shabe Baraat" and in Rajab month celebration called "shab e meraj"

Ali_008
08-03-2009, 07:18 AM

Jazakallah Khair

Here's Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid's response to this bidah'
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/8907

There is no saheeh marfoo’ report that speaks of the virtue of the middle of Sha’baan that may be followed, not even in the chapters on al-Fadaa’il (chapters on virtues in books of hadeeth etc.). Some maqtoo’ reports (reports whose isnaads do not go back further than the Taabi’een) have been narrated from some of the Taabi’een, and there are some ahaadeeth, the best of which are mawdoo’ (fabricated) or da’eef jiddan (very weak). These reports became very well known in some countries which were overwhelmed by ignorance; these reports suggest that people’s lifespans are written on that day or that it is decided on that day who is to die in the coming year. On this basis, it is not prescribed to spend this night in prayer or to fast on this day, or to single it out for certain acts of worship. One should not be deceived by the large numbers of ignorant people who do these things. And Allaah knows best.
Source

And in Rajab, the night of 27th is celebrated as Shab-e-Meraj. It is believed to be the night when Rasoolullah :saws: travelled from Makkah to Masjid-e-Aqsa (in Jerusalem) to the heavens with Jibreel (Alayhi Salaam). You must have heard of Isra' or Mi'raj, its the same thing. It is that which is mentioned in the first verse of Surah Bani Israel (Surah # 17)

Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).

For both occassions, the reports are either weak or fabricated.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
08-05-2009, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdurrahman.med
In indian sub-continent
15th of Shabaan is celebrated as "Shabe Baraat" and in Rajab month celebration called "shab e meraj"
im still abit confused :hiding: i understand what is celebrated in Rajab, but what exactly is celebrated in Sha'baan?

'Abd al-Baari
08-05-2009, 08:55 AM

^

These reports became very well known in some countries which were overwhelmed by ignorance; these reports suggest that people’s lifespans are written on that day or that it is decided on that day who is to die in the coming year.
...hence they encourage to remain in Ibaadah during the night and fast in the day.

May Allaah protect us from all Bid'ah, and keep us firm upon the Sunnah!

S_87
08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
also known as shabe qadr

Muhaba
08-05-2009, 10:00 AM
here in syria they pray the whole night and fast the day. they quoted the hadith in which the Prophet (SAW) said to pray the night of the 15th of shaban and to fast the day. Is the hadith not sahih?

Sari
08-05-2009, 11:22 PM
So is it not true that what is going to happen, who is going to die and be born, is written on the 15th of shabaan?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-06-2009, 12:58 AM

JazakAllah Khair for this!

TrueStranger
08-06-2009, 02:08 AM
I am fasting on the (yesterday 13th), (Today14th), and ( tomorrow 15th). The Prophet (peace be upon him) said if you are going to fast three days of every month it is best to fast those three days.

May Allah guide us down the right path.

Muslim Woman
08-06-2009, 03:06 AM

a related link: Fasting in Shaban to honor Ramadan

.. Prophet Muhammad

used to fast most of the month in Shaban except the last few days of the month.

These fasts are supererogatory (nafl). Shaban is the month immediately preceding the month of Ramadan. The Prophet

mentioned in a hadith, "Rajab is the month of Allah, Shaban is my month and Ramadan is the month of the Nation".

...Various Islamic scholars have recommended special worshiping during the night of 15th of Shaban. This is based on the saying (Hadith) of prophet Muhammad

, the meaning of which is that during the night of 15th of Shaban, Allah will say "is there any person repenting so that I forgive him, and any person seeking provision so that I provide for him, and any person with distress so that I relieve him, and so on until dawn

Different opinion:

Fasting of the 15th of Sha’ban is mentioned in some ahadith, yet they have been declared weak by scholars such as Imam Al-Mundhri and others. So the fasting of the 15th of Sha’ban is not established on solid evidences.

However, fasting in Sha’ban in general is greatly recommended as the Prophet, peace be upon him, used to fast in Sha’ban quite often. So you fast as a normal day of Sha’ban, it is permissible, but you should not fast just for the sake of 15th of Sha’ban

http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=o80934

Muslim Woman
08-06-2009, 03:12 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by amani
also known as shabe qadr
Sharbe Qard is 27th night of Ramadan ( could be 23rd , 25 th or 29th ) ; 15th night of Shaban / after the sunset of 14th Shaban , the night is known as Shabe Barat in Indo-Pak sub-continent.

As there is no ban on praying at any night during the whole year , I personally try to spend the night by offering extra salat & recititing the Quran . I don't believe it will change my fate totally but surely there is no harm in uttering Allah's name & spend a night by remembering His blessings :statisfie
InshaAllah I will also fast tomorrow & the next ( as tomorrow is friday and we are not supposed to fast only on friday ).

Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to fast most of the month of Sha`ban and Usamah ibn Zaid asked him why he fasts most of this month.

He replied by saying, “It is a month that the people forget about it, it is between Rajab and Ramadan, it is a month in which all deeds are brought to the attention of the Almighty.

Therefore, I would like my deeds to be presented to Allah while I am fasting.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

Related Questions

- Sha`ban Fasting: Any Specific Days?

- Celebrating the 15th Night of Sha`ban

Allah Almighty knows best.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

north_malaysian
08-06-2009, 03:47 AM
the only significant thing about 15th of Shaaban is that Ramadan is coming in 15 days time....just that :statisfie

Ummu Sufyaan
08-06-2009, 08:29 AM
found a vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LQEPT5yqd4

S_87
08-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Sharbe Qard is 27th night of Ramadan ( could be 23rd , 25 th or 29th ) ; 15th night of Shaban / after the sunset of 14th Shaban , the night is known as Shabe Barat in Indo-Pak sub-continent
its also known as shabe qadr..for this reason:

These reports became very well known in some countries which were overwhelmed by ignorance; these reports suggest that people’s lifespans are written on that day or that it is decided on that day who is to die in the coming year.

julie sarri
08-06-2009, 09:53 AM
It happened in my husbands local masjid he said it was so packed that he had to walk to the next masjid he said is so sad how on that night they all come in great numbers jet the following day they are shocked if they see 4 people for fajr lol

saba muslimah
08-06-2009, 10:01 AM
If any one know the other name of Shab-e-bar'at.?? let me inform in this forum..

& also i want to know thw proper name of Chad Raat in islaimc point of view?

JazakAllah..

Today is night of blessing "SHAB-E-BArAT" please remeber me in ur prayers.. dear all members ireally need your prayers .... :-(

Sari
08-06-2009, 10:31 AM
I am really surprised that alot of Muslims do not believe any special importance to this night. I honestly do believe this night is important and Allah forgives people, answers duas, and who is going to live, die and what will happen to everyone is decided on this night.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-06-2009, 10:34 AM
^ wasn't that laylatul Qadr during ramadan :?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2009, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
also known as shabe qadr
thats the night of power in ramadan

in arabic i think shabe barat is Laylat al-Nusf min Sha’baan (15th sha'ban)

A Night of excellence in the Month of Shaban

As most of you must be aware the month of Shaban has arrived, it is the month which the Prophet [Peace be upon him] fasted most other than the month of Ramadan, and this is established from many authentic hadiths, among them is the following Hadith;

The Mother of the Believers Aisha [May Allah be pleased with her] said: “The Messenger of Allah [Peace be upon him] used to fast until we thought he would never break his fast, and not fast until we thought he would never fast. I never saw the Messenger of Allah [Peace be upon him fasting for an entire month except in Ramadan, and I never saw him fast more than he did in Shaban. [1]

There are many articles written on the virtues of Shaban, the focus on this article is the mid night of this month, which as we will see is regarded as vitreous by the scholars in light of the Sunnah.

Concerning the night of mid-Shaban Ibn Taymiyya wrote:

[Some] said there is no difference between this and other nights of the year. However, the opinion of many of the people of learning and that of the majority of our [Hanbali] colleagues and other than them is that it is a night of superior merit, and this is what is indicated by the words of Ahmad [ibn Hanbal], in view of the many hadiths transmitted about it and in light of what confirms this in the words and deeds transmitted from the early generations (al-athar al-salafiyya). Some of its merits have been transmitted in the books of Hadith of the types Musnad and Sunnan. This holds true even if other things have been forged concerning it. [2]

Similarly al-Suyyuti said:

“As for the night of mid-Sha’ban it has great merit and it is desirable (mustahab) to spend part of it in [supererogatory] worship.” [3]

This night is also regarded highly by the Scholars of the Deoband;

Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi writes “Its significance is this that 15th night and 15th day of this month are very blessed ones. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), urged Muslims to stay up during the night and fast during the day. At this night the prophet used to go to the graveyard of Madinah and prayed for the dead. Therefore, it is desirable that the Muslims should pray during that night and fast during the following day. They should also seek the forgiveness of their dead either by reciting the Qur’an or by feeding the hungry or by giving the money in charity or by just praying for them.” [4]

Mufti Taqi Uthmani writes: “Another significant feature of the month of Sha'ban is that it consists of a night which is termed in Shariah as "Laylatul-bara'ah" (The night of freedom from Fire). This is the night occurring between 14th and 15th day of Sha'ban. There are certain traditions of Prophet Muhammad, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, to prove that it is a meritorious night in which the people of the earth are attended by special Divine mercy.” [5]

These positions are based on the following evidences:

Mu'adh ibn Jabal [May Allah be pleased with him] reports that Prophet [Peace be upon him] said: “Allah looks at his creation on the night of mid-Shaban and He forgives all his creation except for the idolater and the one bent on hatred.” [6]

The Mother of the Believers Aisha [May Allah be pleased with her] reports I missed the Prophet one night so I went out to al-Baqi` (and found him). He said: "Were you afraid that Allah would wrong you and that His Prophet would wrong you?" I said: "O Messenger of Allah, I thought that you might have gone to visit one of your wives." He said: "Allah Glorious and Exalted descends to the nearest heaven on the night of mid-Shaban and He forgives to more people than the number of hairs on the hides of the sheep of the tribes of Kalb [7]

Abd Allah ibn `Amr [May Allah be pleased with him] reports that Prophet [Peace be upon him] said “Allah looks upon His creatures on the night of mid-Shaban and He forgives all His servants except two: one intent on hatred, and the homicide.” [8]

The Mother of the Believers Aisha [May Allah be pleased with her] reports, "The Prophet stood up in prayer during part of the night and made his prostration so lengthy that I thought his soul had been taken back. When I saw this I got up and went to move his big toe, whereupon he moved, so I drew back. When he raised his head from prostration and finished praying, he said: "O `A'isha, O fair little one (humayra')! Did you think that the Prophet had broken his agreement with you?" She replied: "No, by Allah, O Messenger of Allah, but I thought that your soul had been taken back because your stayed in prostration for so long." He said: "Do you know what night this is?" She said: "Allah and His Prophet know best." He said: "This is the night of mid-Sha`ban! Verily Allah the Glorious and Majestic look at His servants on the night of mid-Sha`ban, and He forgives those who ask forgiveness, and He bestows mercy on those who ask mercy, and He gives a delay to the people of envy and spite in their state." [9]

Ali ibn Abi Talib [May Allah be pleased with him] reports that the Prophet [Peace be upon him] is reported to have said: “The night of mid-Shaban, let all of you spend in prayer and its day in fasting, for Allah descends to the nearest heaven during that night beginning with sunset and says: ‘Is there no one asking sustenance that I may forgive them? Is there no one asking sustenance that I may grant them sustenance? Is there no one under duress that I may relieve them? Is there not such-and-such, is there not such-and-such, a so forth until dawn rises’”[10]

Although this narration is weak, when other factors are taken into consideration, the validity of fasting on 15th Shaban becomes established although it should not be deemed as a Sunnah, rather it is somewhat desirable. [Read footnote 10]

Shaykh Abdul Qadir al-Gilani recommended the following modality in his Ghunya:

“As for the ritual prayer traditional for the night of mid-Shaban, it consists of one hundred cycles, including one thousand repetitions of Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad (that is to say, ten recitations in each rak’a). This prayer is called Salat al-Khayr, and its blessings are many and varied. Our righteous predecessors used to gather to perform it in congregation. It contains much merit and rich reward. It is reported of al-Hasan [al=Basri], may Allah be well-pleased with him, that he said: ‘Thirty of the companions of the Messenger of Allah [Peace be upon him] related to me that Allah will look seventy times upon one who performs this prayer on this night, and with each glance He will fulfill seventy of that persons needs, the last of them being forgiveness.’” [11]

Shaikh Gibril Haddad writes:

“Also among those who wrote on the immense merits of the night of mid-Shaban are al-Haythami, Abd al-Ra’uf al-Munawi, Mulla Ali al-Qari, al-Sunhuri al-Maliki, Nur al-Din al-Bayruti, al-Kawthari, al-Ghumari, and Muhammad Hasnayn Makhluf” [12]

May Allah grant us the ability to benefit from this Month and reap the benefits of the night of mid-Shaban.

[1] Narrated by al-Bukhârî, no. 1833; Muslim, no. 1956

[2] Ibn Taymiyya Iqtida al-Sirat al-Mustaqim (1369/1950 ed. P 302) translation by Shaikh Gibril Haddad in his Sunnah Notes (Vol 1, p. 208)

[3] Al-Suyyuti, Haqiqat al-Sunna wal-Bida wa al-Amr bil-itiba wal-Nahi an al-Ibtida (1405/1985
ed. P. 85) translation by Shaikh Gibril Haddad in his Sunnah Notes (Vol 1, p. 208)

[4] Ashraf Ali Thanvi in his Bahishti Zewar (Heavenly Ornaments), part 6, pp 61-62

[5] Mufti Taqi Uthmani in his article entitles Sha'ban: Merits, Do's, and Dont's

[6] Narrated by Ibn Hibban (12:481) with a sound chain according to al-Arna’ut and al-Haythami
who said that Tabarani also narrated it in his Kabir and Awsat with chains containing only trustworthy narrators, that is: sound (sahih) chains; Ibn Khuzayma included it in his Sahih, which has the same level of acceptance among the experts as Sahih Muslim; and even Albani included it in his Silsila sahiha.

[7] Narrated from Aisha by Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and al-Tirmidhi who said that he heard al-Bukhari grading this Hadith as weak because some of the sub-narrators did not narrate directly from each other.

[8] Narrated from Abd Allah ibn Amr by al-Tirmidhi, Ahmad and al Bazzar with a chain he graded fair (hasan) through the great Tabi’I jurist al-Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn bi Bakr al-Siddiq.

[9] Narrated from Aisha by al-Bayhaqi in Shu’ab al Iman (3:382) where he comments: “This hadith is missing the Companion in its chain, and is a good Hadith (hadha mursal jayyid). It is probable that al-Ala’ibn al-Harith took it from Makhul and Allah knows best.”

[10] Narrated from Ali by Ahmed and Ibn Majah with a chain containing Ibn Abi Sabra, Mufti Taqi Uthmani says regarding the authenticity of this hadith This Hadith is recorded by Ibn Majah in his Sunan, one of the famous six books of Hadith, and also by Baihaqi in his famous book Shu'ab-al-'iman'. Both of them have reported it without any comment about its authenticity. But after a critical analysis of its chain of narrators it is found that this tradition is mainly based on the report of Abu Bakr Ibn Abi Saburah whose narrations cannot be relied upon. That is why the scholars of Hadith have declared it as a weak (da'if) tradition. However, the allegation that the narrator of this Hadith i.e. Abu Bakr ibn Abi Saburah, is a fabricator who used to coin forged traditions does not seem correct. In fact, he was mufti of Madinah, a well-known jurist and he was appointed as a qadi (Judge) of Iraq in the days of Mansur and was succeeded in this office by Imam Abu Yousuf. He was a colleague of Imam Malik.

Once Mansur, the Abbasi Caliph, asked Imam Malik referred to three names, and one of them was that of Ibn Abi Saburah. Had he been a fabricator, Imam Malik would have never referred to his name in this context. But despite his high position among the jurists, his memory was not of the standard required for the uthenticity of a tradition. That is why most of the critics of Hadith like Imam Bukhari etc. Have held him as weak, but did not declare him a fabricator. Only Imam Ahmed is reported to have remarked about him that he fabricates Hadith. But this remark alone is not sufficient to hold him as a fabricator, for two reasons: Firstly Imam Ahmed was born long after him, and his contemporary scholars never held him as such, secondly the Arabic words used by Imam Ahmed are some times used for confusing one tradition with another, and not for deliberate fabrication.

This is the reason why the majority of the scholars of Hadith have held Abu Bakr ibn Abi Saburah as a weak reporter of Hadith, but they did not declare him as a forger or fabricator. Now, coming to his tradition about the fast of the 15th Ramadan it is held by the scholars to be weak but i have not come across an authentic scholar who has treated it as a fabricated (Mawdu) Hadith. There are a number of books indicating the fabricated Ahadith, but this tradition is not included in these books as fabricated.

It is well-known that Ibn Majah consists of about twenty Ahadith held to be fabricated. The list of these fabricated AHadith is available, but the tradition in question is not included therein.
Therefore, the correct position is that this Hadith is not fabricated. However, being reported by a weak narrator, it cannot be relied upon in the matter of the injunctions of Shariah. Thus, the fast of the 15th of Shabaan cannot be termed as Sunnah or Mustahab in the strict sense of the term. Nevertheless, it may be advisable to fast in the 15th of Shabaan without taking it as Sunnah for several reasons:

Firstly it is fully established through a large number of Ahadith that the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) has emphasized on the merits of fasting in Shabaan, and particularly in the first half of the month. The 15th day of Shabaan, being the last day of the first half, is included in the preferable days for fasting.

Secondly, the merits of the 15th night of Shabaan is established by more than a dozen Ahadith. It means that this night should be spent in prayers and other forms of worship. On the other hand, all the blessed nights which the Muslims are advised to spend in worship are generally followed by fasting on the coming day like in the Laylatul-Qadr, where fasting on the following day is obligatory, or like the first night Zilhijjah where fasting on the following days is optional, rather advisable. on this analogy, too, the 15th night of Shabaan may be followed by an optional fasting on the following day.

Thirdly, the tradition relating to the merits of fasting on 15th of Shabaan is, no doubt, a weak tradition, not competent to prove this practice to be a Sunnah or a formal Mustahabb, but it can be acted upon as a measure of precaution, provided that the practice is not taken as Sunnah or a formal Mustahabb. It is for these reasons that some Ulama and elders have been fasting on the 15th of Shabaan and have been taking it an advisable practice.

[11] Shaykh Abdul Qadir al-Gilani, Ghunya cited in Shaikh Gibril Haddads Sunnah Notes Volume 1 (p. 210)

- IqRa -
08-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Jazaak Allaah Khayr!!

Muslim Woman
08-06-2009, 03:09 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Sari
...who is going to live, die and what will happen to everyone is decided on this night.

Even if it's not true , there is no harm in praying on any night . So , I don't understand why people say that we must not pray on this night .

We can't stay awake all night & offer special prayer throught out the whole year ; so if there are some hadith that says to offer extra prayer tonight ( after the sunset of 14 th Shaban ) , we must do it. Yes , it's bad that some people offer extra prayer in whole night & fall asleep when it's time for Fajr salat :(

Ali_008
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Well, I think Fighting4Iman's gives a very broad of this night. Last night the mosque was jam packed and there was a speech after Isha in which the brother quoted the Ahadeeth that are present in Fighting4Iman's post. I was very confused and made up my missed/qaza Salaah to be on the safe side. I had to apologise to someone and I did that after coming back from the mosque. In all this I couldn't make dua properly imsad. I don't think its a bidah. The bidah part could be the part that deaths of the following year are decided on this night.

anatolian
08-07-2009, 04:45 PM
^ wasn't that laylatul Qadr during ramadan :?
Salam. The night of Qadr is the well known night that is specified in Quran and many saheeh hadiths but there are four other nights also that are believed by many muslims as holy, at least here in Turkey. They are called "kandil" in Turkish which can be translated as "candle". Four candle nights are Mawlud, Ragaib, Miraj and Baraat .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.