/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fire in my hands

AnonymousPoster
08-04-2009, 07:06 PM
:sl:

Can someone please tell me if it is normal to have very much heat in the hands?

I have massaged three people recently and one was my own mother. Before I even began the massage, I placed my hand on her shoulder and she flinched like it was fire. She said get your hand off me!!!!!

Yesterday, another sister asked if I can massage her arm. The same thing happened. I said really are my hands that hot? She said she never felt anything like it but that she liked it. She said are you human? I asked her to touch my arm and tell me if there is heat there. She did and said no my arm was cold.

Another aunty has also told me I have heat in my hands.

I also have heat in my breath. Sometimes, if I breathe on my hands it is like heat coming from an oven.

I know some people have warm hands. But my hands can be like a hot water bottle. I just wanted to know if this is normal or not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ducki
08-04-2009, 07:38 PM
wow.. hmm i am not too sure.. but with me i have ice cold hands.. ALWAYS... now is this normal??

as they say.. cold hands cold feet = warm heart.. so who knows lol

aadil77
08-04-2009, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl:

She said are you human?
lol, do your hands sweat loads? because I knew a guy who's hands would continually sweat so he had to wear some special gloves

you've probably got loads of blood flowin to your hands thats keepin them warm or you probably dont sweat to remove heat

Tony
08-04-2009, 09:30 PM
pm sister Gossamer Skye she will surely help you, insha'Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
08-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Normal people have a baseline temp of and around 98 degrees F.... that is a very sweltering summer day when you think about it.. today the temp is 83 degrees and I feel like I am melting.. Now.. when you are very hot in the summer or even when exercising, your blood vessels dilate to let off heat and accommodate blood, so obviously the more circulation you have to your periphery the 'hotter' you'll seem.. the same happens in the winter except then your vessels vaso-constrict and then folks think you have ice for hands when you put your freezing hand on their nape or something...

It means your body is working and maintaining homeostasis and conserving your energy, not that there is something wrong with you...

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Cabdullahi
08-04-2009, 09:54 PM
join the xmen?

Tony
08-04-2009, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
join the xmen?
lol;D Or become the main character in a 70s stephen king novell

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-05-2009, 01:47 AM
That happens wit my feet. Even if I put ice cold water, it takes a second to get hot again...and my hands do get hot just as much too. My mom says to me also omg why r ur hands so hot!

UmmHasan
08-05-2009, 01:51 AM
^^^ and mine are the opposite. My hands and feet are always freezing.

Cabdullahi
08-05-2009, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
That happens wit my feet. Even if I put ice cold water, it takes a second to get hot again...and my hands do get hot just as much too. My mom says to me also omg why r ur hands so hot!

for your feet there's something called soap....joke.......im the opposite my legs are ice cold...mother says im anaemic

Faye
08-05-2009, 02:17 AM
Have you ever checked your hands temperature? It might be interesting to know.

Some people have a natural higher body temperature than others. I don't know why. I've met people with perpetually warm hands and feet. I myself am cold most of the time, even in summer.

جوري
08-05-2009, 04:10 AM
yes people can have different body temps. and blood pressure but the differences aren't very disparate. hyperpyrexia like hypothermia is a medical emergency in which case the OP would be completely obtunded and unable to articulate to us that he has a problem or that others find him 'hot'.. I find 98 degrees Fahrenheit very hot and so do most people, and that is indeed in and around the norm... peripheral organs such as the nose, ears, hands etc. aren't as heavily perfused as the rest of the body during the winter.. and it also depends on the state of the person.. anxious people tend to find themselves cold and clammy.. It is the body's response to stress and the environment.
You can take your temp, through the ears, [sublingually (beneath the tongue)] or rectally..The difference is not very disparate between one orifice or another...

ardianto
08-05-2009, 04:36 AM
That's remind me to medicine men in 'Chi Kung/Qigong' healing therapy. Their hands are hot when they transfer their energy to the patient.
Chi kung/Qigong is 'art of breathing' from China.
But that's need training and their hands are not automatically hot.

Just ask, how you breath before you massage someone ?.

And to sister Gossamer skye, have you make a research about traditional healing therapy from Far East ?.

جوري
08-05-2009, 04:42 AM
No research on alternative medicine but I am always open and welcoming to learn new things!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.