/* */

PDA

View Full Version : They dont 'feel' it

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-05-2009, 12:08 AM
:sl:

Ive just had a long discussion with someone about Islam. Mainly if there is a Akirah or even if there is a God. This persons Muslim and they've done Hajj but their Imaan is weak. Theyre asking me why they cant feel that there is Allah and why Allah isnt contacting them. I told them Allah has contacted us through the Quran. They're saying well the Quran is just a book which was written years and years ago. Anyway the point is that they dont feel that there is an Allah, ive tried my best, what else can i say to them?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hrm
08-05-2009, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
:sl:

Ive just had a long discussion with someone about Islam. Mainly if there is a Akirah or even if there is a God. This persons Muslim and they've done Hajj but their Imaan is weak. Theyre asking me why they cant feel that there is Allah and why Allah isnt contacting them. I told them Allah has contacted us through the Quran. They're saying well the Quran is just a book which was written years and years ago. Anyway the point is that they dont feel that there is an Allah, ive tried my best, what else can i say to them?

::sl: There is a contradiction in your statement which is very confusing.
#1 You say " They are muslims and they have done Hajj" If they are muslims, then why are you indulging with them in such a discussing in the first place?
Have you thought for a moment they might be pulling your legs just to make fun of you or to exaust your spiritual resources. Which, by the look of it, they have succeeded in doing.

#2 If for the sake of discussion ,when they asked you "why is Allah not contacting them", your answer should not be that "Allah has contacted us through Quran". You should be able to tell them " ok Inshallah, I will soon bring an ayat from the Quran to give you an answer. There are so many ayas in the Quran on people who deny the revelations. Here I will quote just 3 ayats.
Surah Al Naml Aya # 83 "" And (remind them) of a Day when We shall gather out of every nation a host of those who deny Our revelations and they will be set in groups" Aya # 84 "" Till when they come, He will say: did you deny my revelations when you could not compass them in knowledge, or what was it that you did? Aya # 85 "" And the word will be fulfilled concerning them because they have done wrong, and they will not speak"" Sadakallah Al Azeem
Reminders of such ayats to people who have wandered from the right path gives the heart that seek knowledge, peace and tranquility.

# 3 If they still say where is Allah or they are in doubt concerning Allah then quote to them Part of Khutabatul Hajah of Rasul Allah s.a.w. recorded by Muslim/Abu Daud/ Nasa'i narrated by Ibn Masud/Ibn Abbas and others Radi Allaho Anhum "" ...Mai Yadehel Allah Falla Mudallah Lahu, Wa mai Yudlil, Fala Hadia Laho..."""""

#4 This would suffice.Your job would be done and you will stand vindicated before your Lord on the Day of Judgement as having delivered the message to them.

May Allah guide them and guide all muslameen and muslemaat and save us from the hell fire which He has prepared for the deniers of His revelations.
Aameen.

cat eyes
08-14-2009, 09:56 PM
i agree with the brother sis i think they might have been pulling your leg. some muslims don't have shame so they mess with other people who are practising. ive came across muslims like that..they are ignorant.

czgibson
08-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by hrm
#2 If for the sake of discussion ,when they asked you "why is Allah not contacting them", your answer should not be that "Allah has contacted us through Quran". You should be able to tell them " ok Inshallah, I will soon bring an ayat from the Quran to give you an answer. There are so many ayas in the Quran on people who deny the revelations. Here I will quote just 3 ayats. Surah Al Naml Aya # 83 "" And (remind them) of a Day when We shall gather out of every nation a host of those who deny Our revelations and they will be set in groups" Aya # 84 "" Till when they come, He will say: did you deny my revelations when you could not compass them in knowledge, or what was it that you did? Aya # 85 "" And the word will be fulfilled concerning them because they have done wrong, and they will not speak"" Sadakallah Al Azeem
Reminders of such ayats to people who have wandered from the right path gives the heart that seek knowledge, peace and tranquility.
That's not going to convince anyone who's lost their faith. Warnings and threats like that will probably turn them even further away.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
u can tell em to recite loadsa dhikr

seriously it helps

tell em to REPEATEDLY call to Allah, sincerely.. if they want "contact"

GreyKode
08-15-2009, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

That's not going to convince anyone who's lost their faith. Warnings and threats like that will probably turn them even further away.

Peace
Now that's the way an athiest would perceive the ayah, threats and warnings, very superficial indeed.
A muslim should be humble and have strong faith, if he just wants everything good to happen to him otherwise he thinks that ALLAH(swt) is not on his side, if he can't endure the difficult tests of this world and simply give up and say "oh why is this happening to me" then his faith is weak and he should recheck his relationship with ALLAH(swt),he should be patient and not to be fooled by the transient present difficulties and should be able to look beyond to what good awaits him after passing the test.
I find the ayat perfectly logical.

hrm
08-15-2009, 06:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Peace
:sl: Czgibson:statisfie

If you read sister's original posting it says and I quote " they are muslims and have done hajj" So evidently they are not those who have lost faith. They are either making a mockery of the sister for reasons known only to her/them or are challanging her to a discussing over dinner or tea. Some people would like to just start off when they have ample time on their hand and either test their opponent knowledge in a particular faith/religion or just for killing time. I have had occasion of sitting with such people who are muslims yet they will question you to such an extent over such issues which will boggle your mind to the extent of making you frustrated and angry. I was no exception and use to get really angry when some muslim would ask me "" how can you prove there is God. How can you prove any of the things even happened which Mohammad s.a.w. said did happen? ""etc etc and these were asked by people who are muslims.
Quoting of ayats of warning not only help those who have wandered from the path but also confirm the faith of the person who is quoting them.
Now coming to those who have lost their faith, I agree, there are other ways of dealing with them including 1, keeping silent 2, reasoning with them in the best possible way 3, quoting them authentic hadits of Rasul Allah s.a.w. 4, quoting from the Quran. But remember Quran is full of warning for the deniers. Allah's book speak the truth and it speaks without taking into consideration who the audience is. It is for all generations and all times.
But Allah knows best. May Allah forgive all muslameen and muslemaat and guide us to the way of our Prophet s.a.w. Aameen wa Inshallah

__________________________________________________ ___________

To know more about True Islamic Dreams go to my website www.trueislamicdreams.com

hrm
08-15-2009, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
u can tell em to recite loadsa dhikr

seriously it helps

tell em to REPEATEDLY call to Allah, sincerely.. if they want "contact"

Brother Fighting4Iman :sl::statisfie
How beautiful this poem or quotation is that I just saw as a footnote to your profile.
"""My tears testify that i have a heart
yet i feel me and shaytan never part"""
This is what I have always gone through being a weak human being. I always pray that I be able to overcome the shaytan within me who let no moment go but to whisper shatanic thoughts and snares. May Allah keep me and other muslims on right path till the time we depart from this world Aameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.