/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the purpose and wisdom of the hijaab/niqaab

Ummu Sufyaan
08-05-2009, 10:55 AM
:sl:
i really need this as a refutation more than anything...
from the words of out scholars/people of knowledge, what is the wisdom behind the hijaab/niqaab?
i would say that it has something to do with protecting her from the gazes of men, but then aren't men also attractive? don't women find men's faces attractive?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mathematician
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
'alaykum salam sister,
Men are more visual than women. This is a fact that's been "discovered". So imagine how many other facts out there there are that we are not aware of.
Maybe this will help. http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...AskAboutIslamE

You point out don't women also find a man's face attractive. According to the majority of scholars women do not have to cover their face. It's good if they do but not obligatory, according to the majority of scholars.
So it really comes down to the "body" really. A man is much more visually stimulated when it comes to a woman's body compared to the way a woman is stimulated by a man's body.
Women and men are different as to what they find as a "turn on". For men, it's mostly about what they see. For women, things like kind words and "romantic actions" can be a major turn on. So we are very different.

Oh and please read the links at the bottom of the article I recommended you to read in that link.

celina
08-06-2009, 04:16 PM
For men its about what they see, actually looks and image is big for men. Women don't just go for looks they want to be treated well manners, good character is a women's preference too infacts a lot of women get attracted to that. As the question of niqaab and hijaab, men are easily attracted and women find mens faces less attractive thats in my opinion anyway. May Allah keep us away from haraam and protect us from shaitaan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.