/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Illegal immigrants

Thinker
08-05-2009, 01:09 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...on-system.html

Jailing Lucien McClearley, 31, from Jamaica, for two years, Judge Trigger told Liverpool Crown Court that the level of illegal immigrants were "creating an enormous strain on resources" as they exploited Britain's generous welfare system.

The result was a growing hole in the public finances, he said. Judge Trigger told him: "Your case illustrates all too clearly the completely lax immigration policy that exists ... in this country.

"People like you, and there are literally hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people like you, come to these shores from foreign countries to avail themselves of the generous welfare benefits that exist here.

Is he right and was he right to say it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
08-05-2009, 01:33 PM
your ancestors, cave men, etc migrated from one place to another without any hindrance. Why should there be any hindrance on humans today?

convert
08-05-2009, 01:39 PM
quite the nerve from a judge whose very system benefited off of invading, colonizing, and exploiting other people's wealth and land for centuries.

GuestFellow
08-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Why did the ''Judge'' generalised the defendant actions upon many immigrants?

Does he not realise there are many people born within the UK that also abuse the benefit system?

The source of the problem is efficiency and how the local authorities operate.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
08-05-2009, 02:05 PM
This is getting to be a touchy issue worldwide. Illegal Immigrants do pose a burden upon a country, as often they do not have any means to support themselves and depend upon the welfare system. Yet, people who are starving will use any means available to feed themselves and their families.

Was the judge right in his words?.........

He was right, but he violated another more important factor...compassion. Before penalizing and punishing the illegal immigrants, it needs to be first determined and addressed what made them choose to take that route. The judges words were right, but inappropriate and unwarranted.

Muezzin
08-06-2009, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
Is he right
He's a judge. He's kind of like an eccentric old uncle, except he can send you to prison. Nice wine and cheese evenings though.

and was he right to say it?
He's a judge. His court, his rules. Well, within reason and the law.

جوري
08-07-2009, 03:20 AM
I have treated a few illegal immigrants in my days.. I can honestly say, they take up meaningless jobs that the natives don't want to do because they feel they are too good for and too proud to touch. They usually forgo medical treatment until they are on death's door and accept pennies for hard laboring jobs since their employers can take advantage of them for obvious reasons, and since they have no social security or tax forms it appears to the majority that they are not working for their keep and simply leeching off them. They live in deplorable conditions, many to a room and they go without food or whatever else to provide their families back home with some money. And the problems wouldn't exist in their countries to begin with, if the outside world had left them alone.. Most immigrants I have encountered came from south America so I can't feign to know how the others come since if the system found out about them, then it would deport them, as such I fail to see how they are a burden on anybody.. I feel immense sorrow for people struggling in every way...

now, low class natives do exist and indeed are quite inventive in the way they leech off the govt. society and and medical personnel feigning injuries and pain (which no one can quantify) taking medications which they sell to other pharmacies to support their drug habits, and to receive injury benefits. mind you I don't see how any illegal can get these, since you must submit your papers to any place where you are seeking employment. Low class freeloaders are the true leeches on society and the ones that deplete the rest, each member of my family pays so much money to taxes that goes on to either fund wars or to sustain freeloading natives. Question is, who should people direct their anger on? genuine hard working human beings who desire nothing but a chance, are willing to lick your toilet clean and take your abuse for pennies a day.. or folks who sit and whine about their back or head or knee injury, hire jacoby and myers, or saiontz kirk and miles and get millions awarded them by 12 jury appointed idiots picked off the streets 'of their peers' to award them said sums?

Does anyone wonder why a system of charity was employed?

my two cents

:w:

Tony
08-07-2009, 05:00 AM
Agreed^^^ I remember seeing an elderley woman and a girl of about 6/7 early one morning in a paris suburb, they had a blanket spread out on the floor, the elderley woman was cuddling the girl as she slept, it was obvious the old lady would not live to be much older and the situation was bleak at best for both. This has stuck with me and is so tragic. We have the moronic mind set in Britain that illegal immigrants are sponging from society, I would really like to be able to show these idiots the scene in parois, the old lady was probably trying to get to England somehow, at least another 100 miles or so. The ppl who are fleeing wars, rape, genocide, ill treatment and other monstrosities in my veiw are more welcome in my country b me, than the right wing, self important brain dead scum that are so opposed to illegal immigrants.

Woodrow
08-07-2009, 04:40 PM
The term illegal immigrant is too broad. It covers not just the not just those who come into a country for wrong purposes but also those who are seeking and need refuge. At one tine refugee and illegal meant too seperate groups, but today it seems both are put under the label of being illegal.

alcurad
08-07-2009, 05:05 PM
money in the end decides all it seems.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.