/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Twitter for the ummah is here.

Truthworthy
08-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Asalam Aleykum

Here comes the twitter for the ummah. check out http://www.ummah24.com

Extra features that Twitter doesnt have but ummah24 has are Groups, attachments, facebook login, OpenID, self-tagging and more.

the 24 stands for 24 hours. it will be a great place to share news, ask quick questions, share your thoughts and meet the muslims. Insha Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
08-06-2009, 03:41 PM
I find a familiar name is that site. :)

Muezzin
08-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Is each post limited to 786 characters?

sshuraimno1fan
08-06-2009, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Truthworthy
Asalam Aleykum

Here comes the twitter for the ummah. check out http://www.ummah24.com

Extra features that Twitter doesnt have but ummah24 has are Groups, attachments, facebook login, OpenID, self-tagging and more.

the 24 stands for 24 hours. it will be a great place to share news, ask quick questions, share your thoughts and meet the muslims. Insha Allah.
wallahi i was thinking about joinin twitter just earlier this morning for...now i hav a perfect substitute!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Twitter, fitnah in the UK; ummah24, fitnah in KSA.

No, I'm not putting both down as fitnahs -fitnah can be avoided on twitter, facebook, blogosphere- but just walking down that route.

Truthworthy
08-08-2009, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Twitter, fitnah in the UK; ummah24, fitnah in KSA.

No, I'm not putting both down as fitnahs -fitnah can be avoided on twitter, facebook, blogosphere- but just walking down that route.
brother what makes Ummah24 fitna? i think you are jumping the gun so fast. Don't judge so early.

The Ruler
08-09-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm not calling it fitnah. Read the second sentence again.

That aside, what's the difference between Twitter and Ummah24 that's Islamically significant? Does it prevent following the opposite sex, or something like that?

Truthworthy
08-09-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm not calling it fitnah. Read the second sentence again.

That aside, what's the difference between Twitter and Ummah24 that's Islamically significant? Does it prevent following the opposite sex, or something like that?
No it doesnt not prevent following the opposite sex and i don't see a requirement for that.

what is islamically significant is that its for the Ummah and you wont see all the spam and adult stuff on twitter, plus its not a zionist propaganda platform like twitter has been recently.

The Ruler
08-09-2009, 07:57 PM
No it doesnt not prevent following the opposite sex and i don't see a requirement for that.
Oh, but isn't that what all the fitnah talks are about? Or so I thought anyway.

what is islamically significant is that its for the Ummah and you wont see all the spam and adult stuff on twitter, plus its not a zionist propaganda platform like twitter has been recently.
It depends on who follows you and who you follow. I don't believe that one who tweets, "last night was when I lost my virginity" will have the tweet removed? Or will s/he?
You get spammers everywhere. As much as we all would like to live in a spam-free cyberenvironment, it just isn't going to happen.

Truthworthy
08-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Oh, but isn't that what all the fitnah talks are about? Or so I thought anyway.

It depends on who follows you and who you follow. I don't believe that one who tweets, "last night was when I lost my virginity" will have the tweet removed? Or will s/he?
You get spammers everywhere. As much as we all would like to live in a spam-free cyberenvironment, it just isn't going to happen.
See its different mentality, Twitter is populated by non-Muslims and so the environment is different from that of Ummah24, this site is for Muslims and when i say for Muslims i mean everything that is abnormal to Muslims will be removed, and you wouldnt expect a Muslim community discussing about "last night was when i lost my virginity" this is a serious site.

on following, i dont really see why opposite sexes cant follow each other, to get each others ideas, news and suggestions.

The Ruler
08-10-2009, 11:29 AM
See its different mentality, Twitter is populated by non-Muslims and so the environment is different from that of Ummah24, this site is for Muslims and when i say for Muslims i mean everything that is abnormal to Muslims will be removed, and you wouldnt expect a Muslim community discussing about "last night was when i lost my virginity" this is a serious site.
Which is exactly why I said Ummah24 is like fitnah in KSA. Not all muslim communities value the principles/rules of Islam the way muslims are supposed to. I wouldn't expect something like that to be posted, sure... But it does happen.

on following, i dont really see why opposite sexes cant follow each other, to get each others ideas, news and suggestions.
Of course there's nothing wrong with that. But when a girl tells her fellow guy follower, "Me gonna bust yo' ass breder"... That's when things get a little off-hand. You can't say that it's a Muslim community and is therefore immune to such unsightly things.

Truthworthy
08-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Which is exactly why I said Ummah24 is like fitnah in KSA. Not all muslim communities value the principles/rules of Islam the way muslims are supposed to. I wouldn't expect something like that to be posted, sure... But it does happen.

Of course there's nothing wrong with that. But when a girl tells her fellow guy follower, "Me gonna bust yo' ass breder"... That's when things get a little off-hand. You can't say that it's a Muslim community and is therefore immune to such unsightly things.
lol you are funny, oki so when she says "Me gonna bust yo' ass breder" that is when blocking comes to rescue. anyway insha Allah let us be positive.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.