/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. (:

Yusuf Saeed
08-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Another new muslim is joining this forum.
And alhamdulillah for that I found it. (:

I'm 18 and from Estonia.
My real name is Rauno though now I'm trying to get used to my muslim name.

I started feeling islam to be the right way already in the end of last year but started following it more seriously from April.

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreyKode
08-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Welcome brother to Islam and the forum, may ALLAH(swy) grant you the peace of your soul in Islam and keep you strong in faith.

Strzelecki
08-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Wa 3alaikum salam Yusuf Saeed.
Welcome to the forums.
I hope that insha'Allah you have a beneficial stay here.

(:

'Abdul Rahmaan
08-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Welcome brother! Glad to have you here. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ar-RaYYan
08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Welcome to LI brother Yusuf
Inshallah you will have a great time

crayon
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Wa alaikum asalam wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuhu!

MashaAllah, Estonia, interesting! Welcome to the forums, brother, inshaAllah you'll benefit from your time here.

Mysterious Uk
08-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Wa alaikum asalam wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuhu

Welcome, Inshallah you will enjoy and learn a lot from this place.

Yusuf Saeed
08-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Thank you all for a warm welcome, brothers and sisters. :)

UmmHasan
08-07-2009, 09:49 PM
:wa:
:welcome: to the forum brother! Enjoy!

جوري
08-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Masha'Allah..
:welcome: aboard akhi.. insha'Allah you'll enjoy yourself here, especially during Ramadan..

I haven't met any Muslims from Estonia before, how exciting, tell us some about your country insha'Allah..

:w:

Yusuf Saeed
08-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Thank you for the welcome, sisters. :)

A bit about Estonia now insha'Allah.

It's quite a small country in the northern part of Europe with around 1.35 million people. It's dominantly Lutheran Christian but most people here don't care about the religion at all. I already mentioned it in another post but I think it's worth mentioning again that in a survey 84% of the people here answered "no" to a question whether religion is important to them. According to that Estonia is the most irreligious country in the world.

We have quite few Muslims here, only around 5,000 or so. Mostly they're tataris by ethnicity and only very few are estonians. Till now we don't have a single masjid in the whole country. There's actually a plan to build one and there would be money coming for it from the royal family in the UAE but the capital's city authorities here are not very eager to sell land for building a masjid and they're just delaying it as much as they can.

So all we have now is an islamic cultural centre with a little praying hall. It's also the place where few weeks ago I made my first real contact with muslims in Estonia. I've been there for Jum'ah a couple of times now but seen only about 25 or 30 people attending to it both times. This kind of tells a bit about the muslim community here, or about the lack of it. Unfortunately I also can't go for Jum'ah as often as I'd want to as I live not much less than 300 km from the capital.

:salamext:

جوري
08-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Masha'Allah Masha'Allah..

the only reference I have heard of Estonia at all was in a Horror movie I watched of late entitled 'orphan' lol

I hope you can share pictures of your lovely country on our photography thread insha'Allah when/if you get a chance...

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...hy-skills.html

:w:

Bint-Al-Islam
08-10-2009, 03:06 AM
Salam Alekum brother
Welcome to ISLAM and LI.. May u benefit from this site InshAllah :)
Enjoy ur stay

Yusuf Saeed
08-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Salam Alekum brother
Welcome to ISLAM and LI.. May u benefit from this site InshAllah
Enjoy ur stay
Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatu Allahi.

Thank you, sister. :)

Masha'Allah Masha'Allah..

the only reference I have heard of Estonia at all was in a Horror movie I watched of late entitled 'orphan' lol

I hope you can share pictures of your lovely country on our photography thread insha'Allah when/if you get a chance...

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...hy-skills.html
:sl:

In a horror movie, lol. That can happen when a country is really small.

Thanks for letting me know about the photography thread. I was actually thinking about it before whether this forum has something like that.
Insha'Allah I'll upload some photos there.

Misz_Muslimah
08-23-2009, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yusuf Saeed
Another new muslim is joining this forum.
And alhamdulillah for that I found it. (:

I'm 18 and from Estonia.
My real name is Rauno though now I'm trying to get used to my muslim name.

I started feeling islam to be the right way already in the end of last year but started following it more seriously from April.

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.
Wa alaykum salam..hope you have a beneficial stay at IB :)

north_malaysian
08-27-2009, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yusuf Saeed
We have quite few Muslims here, only around 5,000 or so. Mostly they're tataris by ethnicity and only very few are estonians.
our Uncle Woodrow here on this forum has Lithuanian Tatar ancestry...

Welcome! I think that you're the first Estonian here...

zakirs
08-27-2009, 06:09 AM
WElcome to the forum bro..

May Allah help you make your iman stronger :)

Yusuf Saeed
08-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the welcome, brothers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.