PDA

View Full Version : Six Christians burnt alive in Pakistan



Argamemnon
08-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Six Christians burnt alive in Pakistan

Six Christians, including four women, were burnt alive in clashes with majority Muslims in a town in central Pakistan today, officials said.

Tension has been running high between the two communities in Gojra town in central Punjab province over allegations that Christians had desecrated a Koran.

Clashes erupted early today, with an exchange of fire from the members of the two communities.

Television footage showed burning houses and streets strewn with blackened furniture and people firing at each other from their rooftops.

Shahbaz Bhatti, minister for minorities, said a mob "misled by religious extremists", attacked a Christian neighbourhood and torched dozens of houses.

"We have received six bodies of people who died of burn injuries. They included four women, one man and one child," said Abdul Hamid, a health ministry official in the town.

Rana Sanaullah, provincial minister for law, who is also responsible for security matters of Punjab, condemned the attack and said an inquiry had been ordered.

However, he said, a preliminary investigation showed there was no desecration of the Koran. "It was just a rumour which was exploited by anti-state elements to create chaos," he said.

"I request both Muslim and Christian communities to show restraint," Sanaullah said, adding the government would take strict action against rioters and also police who failed to stop the violence.

Pakistan is a predominantly Muslim nation and religious minorities, including Christians, account for roughly 4 per cent of the 170 million population.

Muslims and minorities largely live in harmony but there have been periodic attacks on Christian targets in Pakistan since it became a US ally following the September 11th attacks on the United States.

Source: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking25.html


Let's see if our prime minister Erdogan will call this a "genocide" like he did recently during the riots in Xinjiang, China...
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
08-07-2009, 03:35 PM
:threadapp

This news is terrible. This chaotic behaviour, the killing of innocent people, has no part in Islam.
Reply

Mysterious Uk
08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Really sad to hear, using religion as an excuse to be violent..pathetic.
Reply

GuestFellow
08-07-2009, 05:57 PM
^ Agreed. It is unfortunate to see innocent people getting killed.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Pk_#2
08-07-2009, 06:00 PM
That's disgusting & DISTURBING!
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-07-2009, 06:01 PM
My God...what's wrong with people :hmm:
Reply

جوري
08-07-2009, 06:02 PM
I don't understand this lawlessness .. how can people just torch others mob style in this day and age? sob7an Allah
This is very tragic and likely to fuel constant attacks and retaliations.. can't these people sit down and work out their differences?
Reply

Amadeus85
08-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I don't understand this lawlessness .. how can people just torch others mob style in this day and age? sob7an Allah
This is very tragic and likely to fuel constant attacks and retaliations.. can't these people sit down and work out their differences?
In news I've read that muslims from that village said that those who did it were aliens for them, probably coming from far away to bring divisions in this community which lived relatively calm in past.
Reply

Strzelecki
08-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Awful.
Simply awful.
Reply

Snowflake
08-07-2009, 10:12 PM
:cry:

I feel sad and angry..
Reply

Tony
08-07-2009, 10:19 PM
I hope Allah will punish them, I personally do not want to be the Islamic brother of any low scum that would burn a child alive, It makes me so so angry. Wheres the love
Reply

Foxhole
08-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Six Christians burnt alive in Pakistan

Six Christians, including four women, were burnt alive in clashes with majority Muslims in a town in central Pakistan today, officials said.

Tension has been running high between the two communities in Gojra town in central Punjab province over allegations that Christians had desecrated a Koran.

Clashes erupted early today, with an exchange of fire from the members of the two communities.

Television footage showed burning houses and streets strewn with blackened furniture and people firing at each other from their rooftops.

Shahbaz Bhatti, minister for minorities, said a mob "misled by religious extremists", attacked a Christian neighbourhood and torched dozens of houses.

"We have received six bodies of people who died of burn injuries. They included four women, one man and one child," said Abdul Hamid, a health ministry official in the town.

Rana Sanaullah, provincial minister for law, who is also responsible for security matters of Punjab, condemned the attack and said an inquiry had been ordered.

However, he said, a preliminary investigation showed there was no desecration of the Koran. "It was just a rumour which was exploited by anti-state elements to create chaos," he said.

"I request both Muslim and Christian communities to show restraint," Sanaullah said, adding the government would take strict action against rioters and also police who failed to stop the violence.

Pakistan is a predominantly Muslim nation and religious minorities, including Christians, account for roughly 4 per cent of the 170 million population.

Muslims and minorities largely live in harmony but there have been periodic attacks on Christian targets in Pakistan since it became a US ally following the September 11th attacks on the United States.

Source: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking25.html


Let's see if our prime minister Erdogan will call this a "genocide" like he did recently during the riots in Xinjiang, China...
Seems reasonable to me. The punishment for blasphemy is death in many Islamic nations.
Reply

Tony
08-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Foxhole
Seems reasonable to me. The punishment for blasphemy is death in many Islamic nations.
reasonable to burn ppl, children alive, you sick person
Reply

Foxhole
08-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tony
reasonable to burn ppl, children alive, you sick person
I was being sarcastic while pointing out that the root of this problem is the blasphemy law itself.
Reply

AbdullahSyed
08-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Whats wrong with pakistan it seems to be falling a part.
Reply

Tony
08-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Foxhole
I was being sarcastic while pointing out that the root of this problem is the blasphemy law itself.
ok,then i apologise unreservedley.Peace
Reply

GuestFellow
08-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by AbdullahSyed
Whats wrong with pakistan it seems to be falling a part.
Corruption. I heard that is a problem.
Reply

AbdullahSyed
08-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Corruption. I heard that is a problem.
Now I may sound like a extremist nut case. But all Muslims countries are under MAJOR corruption. All countries are generally corrupt but Muslim countries have major corruption. For some reason it seems to me scholars justify this corruption and silence those that speak out and use Jews and west as scape goat. I know alot of people say Jews control the world and etc. But Jews have very little influence on the scholars who justify these corruptions and blame the Jews. Muslims need to take responsibility for their actions and stop the blame game. So far Muslims told me the following people are jews or influenced by jews.
Osama bin laden is a jew
Abdul Aziz Bin Baz is a jew
King Abdullah is a jew
Hamza Yusuf is a jew
Mustafa Kamal was a jew
Hamas is a jewish organization (lol)
Al Qaeda is controlled by Jew (IMAO)
Shia are jews
Taliban are jews
Pakistans Taliban are jews
******s are jews

Simply you don't like someone call him a Jew. If they are not jews they are for some reason working with CIA.
Reply

GuestFellow
08-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by AbdullahSyed
Now I may sound like a extremist nut case. But all Muslims countries are under MAJOR corruption. All countries are generally corrupt but Muslim countries have major corruption. For some reason it seems to me scholars justify this corruption and silence those that speak out and use Jews and west as scape goat. I know alot of people say Jews control the world and etc. But Jews have very little influence on the scholars who justify these corruptions and blame the Jews. Muslims need to take responsibility for their actions and stop the blame game. So far Muslims told me the following people are jews or influenced by jews.
Osama bin laden is a jew
Abdul Aziz Bin Baz is a jew
King Abdullah is a jew
Hamza Yusuf is a jew
Mustafa Kamal was a jew
Hamas is a jewish organization (lol)
Al Qaeda is controlled by Jew (IMAO)
Shia are jews
Taliban are jews
Pakistans Taliban are jews
******s are jews

Simply you don't like someone call him a Jew. If they are not jews they are for some reason working with CIA.
O____o

Okay that is messed up. How can anyone blame Jewish people for this....
Reply

Woodrow
08-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Just my opinion. I doubt if the slime that committed this atrocity was residents from Gojra. I personally suspect other forces who are trying to divide Pakistan.

Pakistan has been in turmoil ever since it was formed and it has been a constant battle for it to exist as a nation. The neighboring nations do have desires to destroy and take over Pakistan. It is in a key location for the transportation of petroleum.

At this rate I doubt if Pakistan will survive as a nation for more then 5 more years.

The first step of conquering is to divide the people and this is becoming widespread in Pakistan. Very soon the government will be so weak that India, Iran and China will walk in with very little opposition. Sadly all 3 already have strong supporters in Pakistan.
Reply

AbdullahSyed
08-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Just my opinion. I doubt if the slime that committed this atrocity was residents from Gojra. I personally suspect other forces who are trying to divide Pakistan.

Pakistan has been in turmoil ever since it was formed and it has been a constant battle for it to exist as a nation. The neighboring nations do have desires to destroy and take over Pakistan. It is in a key location for the transportation of petroleum.

At this rate I doubt if Pakistan will survive as a nation for more then 5 more years.

The first step of conquering is to divide the people and this is becoming widespread in Pakistan. Very soon the government will be so weak that India, Iran and China will walk in with very little opposition. Sadly all 3 already have strong supporters in Pakistan.
B.S. Just another conspiracy theory. Pakistan is falling apart because people are uneducated government is stupid. I know many people from Pakistan. They will riot over any issue and destroy their own homes. India, China, and Iran have nothing to do with the destruction of Pakistan. Pakistanis are the only ones that are destroying their country. Pakistan was found not so dictators or tyrants can rule over it rather Shariah and Muslims live peacefully. Pakistani Muslims had a choice and they choose destruction for themselves. If India chooses to invade them then it is entirly on Pakistanis peoples head and no one else.
Reply

AbdullahSyed
08-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Guestfellow
O____o

Okay that is messed up. How can anyone blame Jewish people for this....
Brother Woodrow seems to already point to outside forces.
Reply

Alphadude
08-11-2009, 02:24 AM
this is sad and it means the end of the world is near

Originally Posted by Foxhole
Seems reasonable to me. The punishment for blasphemy is death in many Islamic nations.
what is wrong with u? ur sick bcoz of u kinda people this wold is like this.
Reply

czgibson
08-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by khalid84
what is wrong with u? ur sick bcoz of u kinda people this wold is like this.
In this case, the problem is clearly not people like Foxhole.

The problem is an attitude towards blasphemy that encourages crazy people to commit violence.

Peace
Reply

Argamemnon
08-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by AbdullahSyed
Osama bin laden is a jew
Abdul Aziz Bin Baz is a jew
King Abdullah is a jew
Hamza Yusuf is a jew
Mustafa Kamal was a jew
Hamas is a jewish organization (lol)
Al Qaeda is controlled by Jew (IMAO)
Shia are jews
Taliban are jews
Pakistans Taliban are jews
******s are jews
Did they really say those things? Shias are Jews? I assume that accounts for the friendly relations between the Israelis and Iranians (and Hezbollah).
Reply

Muezzin
08-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Foxhole
I was being sarcastic while pointing out that the root of this problem is the blasphemy law itself.
No. Even under the blasphemy law, this attack would be illegal - it is not for the people to mete out justice based on an insubstantiated rumour; it is for the law enforcers to conduct the proper investigations and it is for the judiciary to punish if appropriate. Anything else is vigalantism, which is forbidden.

However, this is in an ideal, uncorrupted Pakistan where you can't simply bribe a cop to get you out of trouble, or get someone else into it.
Reply

Foxhole
08-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,


In this case, the problem is clearly not people like Foxhole.

The problem is an attitude towards blasphemy that encourages crazy people to commit violence.

Peace
<OffTopic>
RIP Les Paul, by the way. A legend.
</OffTopic>
Reply

glo
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Here is a statement by Musharraf Hussain OBE, (Chair of the Christian Muslim Forum)

Publication date: 6 August 2009

The inhumane attacks on the homes of Pakistani Christians which resulted in the deaths of eight people is a major crime. Senior Muslim scholars from Pakistan personally known to me, have unambiguously condemned this as a serious crime, and a sin. They have shown their solidarity and extended hands of friendship to the bereaved Christian families. Amongst these scholars are the following: Pir Ameen al Hassanat, spiritual leader of the Chishtia order; Allama Syed Riaz Hussain Shah, President of Jammat ahl Sunna and Haji Fazal Karim. Our British charity Muslim Hands has already visited the affected Christians to provide support to the victims and will continue to do so.

I would like the Pakistani High Commissioner in London to do two things to stop this kind of violence against minorities ever happening again:

1. Ensure that the police take seriously the issues of minorities and their treatment. This tragic incident could have been averted if the Pakistani police had taken notice of the Muslim-Christian tensions in the area.

2. Amend the blasphemy law so that it cannot be abused, or exploited, by extremists and others.

On behalf of British Muslims I urge the Pakistani government to take special measures to give respect and full rights, as well as protection, to our Christians neighbours.

I would also like to appeal to the British government to take positive action in promoting trust building and peace and reconciliation amongst Christians and Muslims in Pakistan.
http://www.christianmuslimforum.org/...347&mainid=20&
Reply

Somaiyah
08-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Salam,
I am really not glad when these things happen. I have to go through long discussions with my parents everytime and I have no idea how it goes... Last evening I think it went good anyway.
Reply

Alphadude
08-20-2009, 01:57 AM
could this be the work of a devil im mean not a real devil devil but a devil in human way brainwashing people or giving them money to do there dirty work for them trust me most people does not see it but why it doesnt happen in other countrys it had to be pakistan afghanistan iran etc.
Reply

Muezzin
08-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by khalid84
could this be the work of a devil im mean not a real devil devil but a devil in human way brainwashing people or giving them money to do there dirty work for them trust me most people does not see it but why it doesnt happen in other countrys it had to be pakistan afghanistan iran etc.
Not a devil so much as a person who knows how to manipulate people by pushing their buttons.

Simply fabricate a rumour about a defenceless person or persons committing some unforgivable sin (the nature of which will vary from people to people depending on their religion, culture, economy, social structure etc), spread that rumour to people with more brawn than brain, and watch the chaos spread. Call it lynch-mobbing or witch-hunting, but it happens everywhere, and it's always vile because the innocent people accused of the unforgivable sin always get hurt.

That it happens in the Muslim community (contrary to the Qur'an and Sunnah) is unacceptable. We're supposed to be better than this.
Reply

zakirs
08-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Riots are really really bad , they leave a scar that take a really long time to heal.Communities are broken , nobody trusts each other , people segregate on basis of religion , everything becomes scary and sad :(


hope that these things end soon
Reply

bamboozled
08-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Foxhole
I was being sarcastic while pointing out that the root of this problem is the blasphemy law itself.
No its not. The root of this problem are these so-called Muslims, that clearly do not follow the Quran or authentic Hadith, that are using religion as an excuse to do what ever they want.

It is appalling.
Reply

Alphadude
08-21-2009, 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Not a devil so much as a person who knows how to manipulate people by pushing their buttons.

Simply fabricate a rumour about a defenceless person or persons committing some unforgivable sin (the nature of which will vary from people to people depending on their religion, culture, economy, social structure etc), spread that rumour to people with more brawn than brain, and watch the chaos spread. Call it lynch-mobbing or witch-hunting, but it happens everywhere, and it's always vile because the innocent people accused of the unforgivable sin always get hurt.

That it happens in the Muslim community (contrary to the Qur'an and Sunnah) is unacceptable. We're supposed to be better than this.
if u read my post once again i did say not devil but ment a person but in devils trap hehe.

but why arent we better then this we are going bad instead of good?
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 06:09 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 09:17 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!