/* */

PDA

View Full Version : baby boy name

AnonymousPoster
08-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Salaam,

I am not sure if this is the ideal/right place to post this so please forgive if it is not.

My cousin just had a baby and she wants me to name him.

I have liked the name "zade" or "zaid" for a LONG time and was hoping someone could clarify the exact origin of this name. I know it is a muslim name but I also know of lots of non-muslims with the name Zade. Does it matter how it is spelled or how it is pronounced? Would that change its meaning?

Please clarify asap.

I really love this name. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
08-07-2009, 12:13 PM
I think you mean Zahid? زاھد

Meaning: Devout, ascetic. One who renounces the world and is fully devoted to Allah. :D

Snowflake
08-07-2009, 12:18 PM
actually..

Zayd ibn Harithah, who was the orphan boy fostered by the Muslim Prophet Muhammad? :D

Dont know the meaning though. The Prophet advised changing names with bad meaning, which did not happen in this case. InshaAllah go ahead, if you like it. May Allah bless you, the baby and it's parents. Ameen

Ar-RaYYan
08-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Mashallah i love the name Zayd too. One of my favourites!
i dont know the meaning of it but that it was the name of the orphan fostered by prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali_008
08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
:sl:
There were more than one Sahabi by the name of Zayd and one of them was Zayd ibn Haritha like Sis Scents of Jannah said. What makes him special is that (I think) he was the 3rd or 4th person to accept Islam after Hadhrat Khadija and Hadhrat 'Ali and may be Hadhrat Abu Bakr (RadhiAllahu Anhum). I'm not sure whether he or Abu Bakr were third.

ZAYD

Usage: Arabic Other Scripts: زيد (Arabic)

Derived from Arabic زاد (zada) "to increase". This was the name of a slave who became the adopted son of the Prophet Muhammad.

Source
I'm personally in love with the name "Uthman/Usman" ever since I read the story of the third caliph.
May Allah be pleased with him and join us with him.

:w:

MMohammed
08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I also really like this name.
Yes its zayd/zaid.

mathematician
08-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Congrats on the baby boy there. :)
Personally, I really like the name Ahmad. It's so beautiful.

Tony
08-07-2009, 10:40 PM
might i suggest the name....

TONY

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.