/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dzikr - using a portion of ayah?

gang4
08-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Most of Ibadah have set of limits,
5 times/day for Shalat
29/30 days for Fasting
2.5% for zakat.

Except Dzikr....has no limits, as much as one could.... No prerequisites like to perform Wudhu for Shalat, no calculation like in zakat....yet, Dzikr may well be the least activities Muslims do... not sure why, it supposed to be the easiest....

The question I'd like to receive a clarification from those who has ilm is in regard a portion of an ayah being used as a dzikr....Since I've already memorized those ayat I am using them in my dzikr and my friend is not too happy about it.

For example:
"Allāhu 'Aĥadun"
(Qul Huwa Allāhu 'Aĥadun - 112.001)

"'Innahu Kāna Tawwābāan"
(Fasabbiĥ Biĥamdi Rabbika Wa Astaghfirhu 'Innahu Kāna Tawwābāan - 110.003)

"Innahu Kāna Ghafūrāan Raĥīmāan "
(Qul 'Anzalahu Al-Ladhī Ya`lamu As-Sirra Fī As-Samāwāti Wa Al-'Arđi 'Innahu Kāna Ghafūrāan Raĥīmāan - 025.006)

Is this considered a Bid'ah? I hope not since the well known dzikr "SubhanAllah";"Alhamdullillah";"Allahu Akbar" can be also considered as a portion of ayah....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.