/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Inter-Religious Debates

Clover
08-08-2009, 05:34 AM
1. Be Respectful- I don't care if your god is true, he doesn't like dis-respect, no one does. If you call me a Satan worshiper, then say "God forgives all" really...your not a debater, your annoying.

2. Your not Always Right- It's really good and all that the Quran was done by God, but one problem, if the person you talking too believes in no god, that has no weight on them. You need to show them other things. Prophets that did amazing things, and include how Islam has affected the world, don't cry "It was BY GOD! How can you say no!" cause that honestly turns off the "maybe" radar.

3. Allah May Not Be Their God- Not everyone believes Allah is God. Most Americans I know, believe Allah is completely different, who advocates violence, mass-genocide, terrorism, and mis-treatement of women. If you want to overcome this, one must learn patience, and perseverance. If you decide to stop and throw a anger shout, then you've lost a potential convert.

4. Harassment- Their is a point where you need to leave the person alone. Some people are quick to this point, some take forever. I take forever, but that's cause I have studied enough to know truth from lies, and I don't like to be told my beliefs are wrong until you can dis-approve them with something other then your own holy texts.

5. NEVER EVER say something like "infidel" please. Here in America, you call someone that your likely to get your head busted in. If you want to call them something non-Muslim, say that. Even saying something in Arabic is dangerous cause they take it the wrong way, yes it is ignorance on their part, but you can't expect every random person to know Arabic.

I will stop for now. Critique, Cry, do whatever :).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grofica
08-08-2009, 10:56 PM
The same could be said with other people calling everything that is not in their set of ideal PAGAN... i cant when that word is used like its a curse word...

GuestFellow
08-08-2009, 11:01 PM
To sum it all up your trying to say be nice during debates, be open minded, not appear rude and respect other peope's beliefs.

Yes I'm cool with that.

Zafran
08-08-2009, 11:18 PM
salaam

no offence but nobody uses those things - just Youtube debates Muslims VS Christians and you will see that all the good manners go out of the window. Have you ever heard a muslim call a christian Infidel in a debate????

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Clover
08-09-2009, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

no offence but nobody uses those things - just Youtube debates Muslims VS Christians and you will see that all the good manners go out of the window. Have you ever heard a muslim call a christian Infidel in a debate????
Nope, but here that is the biggest word people think of for Muslims, other then terrorism, so I wouldn't ever want to hear a Muslim say it, for their own safety. I did have one call me a evil devil worshiper :).

GuestFellow
08-09-2009, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I did have one call me a evil devil worshiper :).
On this forum? Can you show it? o_o

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.