/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The amish

index123
08-08-2009, 06:51 AM
What ya think about there lifestyle, I think there lifestyle is closer to the natural way to live, everything nowadays is an innervation. I think there lifestyle is pretty cool.

About the Amish Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
08-09-2009, 03:50 AM
They are pious Christian believer and their lifestyle is close to the way of God. I am agree their lifestyle is pretty cool. Maybe if I stay for few days in their village, my stress would disapear.
But I cannot follow them, ban many modern wares and live like in 19th century.

Brother, I am not sure if every non-american in this forum knows what is Amish. I think you must give us a link to information about Amish people.

Woodrow
08-09-2009, 05:13 AM
There are numerous Amish Communities in Minnesota. In fact there is one less then 50 miles from me. I do admire their simple life style and their hard work ethics. But, I found I can live that same life style as a Muslim and have no need to believe in a trinity to live a clean, wholesome life. They are very loving, hard working, honest people. It is a shame they have not found Islam.

Here is a link about the Amish.

http://amishbuggy.tripod.com/amlinks.htm

Please note a lot of the links on the site are dead links. I assume that this is because the Amish shun all modern conveniences such as Electricity, television, computers, and the people named or depicted probably complained about Amish people being on a web site.

ardianto
08-09-2009, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the link, uncle. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
index123
08-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Oh sorry, I did not mean what do you think of there religion.. Naw, I mean't lifestyle. Also for people who do not know who they are they are people who live back in the retro days, also can admin please edit my post because and add http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish. to it also edit out the the "thats how god wants us to live part" err its getting mixed in with there religion and by no way does god want us to worship a trinity and I also I kinda realised what I said was wrong cause God loves technology its progress.

ardianto
08-09-2009, 06:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by index123
Oh sorry, I did not mean what do you think of there religion.. Naw, I mean't lifestyle.
And when I said "Maybe If I stay for few days in their village, my stress would disapear", it did not means I will follow their religion, but I stay as a guest. However, I am not sure they will allow me stay in their house.

I have read some articles about Amish people. And I am agree with uncle Woodrow, they are very loving, hard working and honest people. But I hear some Amish youth start to ride a car, as passanger, not driver.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.