/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jinn and Shaytaan

Mohamed_
08-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Salam aleiykum!

For first, I don't if this is the right place where I should post this thread. If not, please move it to the right one!

So, I have some question about Jinns and Shaytaan.

How a Jinn looks like when it's not a shape? I mean, it not look like human or any animal.
How can I see who is a Jinn?
What should I do if I meet one?
Does it attack humans?

And what are the different things between Jinn and Shaytaan? What are the common things between Jinn and Shaytaan?

How Jinn and Shaytaan contact to each other?
How to fight against Jinn and Shaytaan?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
08-08-2009, 06:48 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_
....How a Jinn looks like when it's not a shape? I mean, it not look like human or any animal...
Not sure. Will read up on this tonight inshallah.

The ones you'd be able to spot are those causing mischief (i.e the trouble makers) but they're usually in the form of an animal (common form is a snake) so there's no real visual way of telling.

There are some ayats you can read. I believe the last few from surah Baqarah and some other ones. But, I'd advise you to leg it as we're not supposed to disturb or hurt them, but some of them try to disturb us. So it's best to just leave them alone.

Does it attack humans?
I think some can but generally they don't.

And what are the different things between Jinn and Shaytaan? What are the common things between Jinn and Shaytaan?

How Jinn and Shaytaan contact to each other?
I'll get back to you on that later (maybe tonight inshallah). Need to consult my book on the matter.

How to fight against Jinn and Shaytaan?
Read some ayats from the Quran for jinn. For shaytan, read the aoozu billahi dua.

Mohamed_
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Thank you, brother!

ardianto
08-09-2009, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_

How a Jinn looks like when it's not a shape? I mean, it not look like human or any animal.
Does it attack humans?
If you have questions about jinn, you can ask brother abu_musab461. He made a thread 'Reality of jinn possesion' in aqeedah section.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mohamed_
08-09-2009, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
If you have questions about jinn, you can ask brother abu_musab461. He made a thread 'Reality of jinn possesion' in aqeedah section.
Thanks! I will look it up!

abu_musab461
08-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Jazak Allah khair,

Before we ask these questions, really we should "how will they benefit us?"

I mean some of the things you've asked, i know the answer to (all praise be to Allah) but i dont see how it would benefit to know some intricacies regarding jinn.

Just wondering akhi.

Mohamed_
08-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Ah. I'm NOT trying to be on the Jinn or the Shaytaans side. I'd just like to know how the Islam thinks about them. And what Islam do against them.

abu_musab461
08-10-2009, 12:05 PM
The learn about the sunnah and be like the prophet (pbuh) and learn the protective dua.

I swear by Allah (swt) you will never do anything according to the sunnah except it will be opposite to the shaytan.

eg. The messenger of Allah said "Eat with your right hand because shaytan eats with his left"

"Don't sit half in the shade and half in the sun because it is the sitting of shayatn"

"Dont lie on your stomach this is the position of shaytan"

"Dont wear one shoe this is from shaytan"

"When you eat say bismillah"

"when you enter your homes say bismillah"

so really you should learn hadith and dua rather than learning about shaytan.

i can understand if you meet them face to face and have to talk to them or interact with them or give them dawah ect.

Like abu hurairah (ra).

But if you're not, just stick to the sunnah.

For more info read this book

Preventative Measures Against Shaytan by Mustafa ibn Al-Adawi

http://www.al-hidaayah.co.uk/prevent...seen-and-death

nice summary of everything you need to know about jinn and shaytan

Mohamed_
08-10-2009, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
The learn about the sunnah and be like the prophet (pbuh) and learn the protective dua.

I swear by Allah (swt) you will never do anything according to the sunnah except it will be opposite to the shaytan.

eg. The messenger of Allah said "Eat with your right hand because shaytan eats with his left"

"Don't sit half in the shade and half in the sun because it is the sitting of shayatn"

"Dont lie on your stomach this is the position of shaytan"

"Dont wear one shoe this is from shaytan"

"When you eat say bismillah"

"when you enter your homes say bismillah"

so really you should learn hadith and dua rather than learning about shaytan.

i can understand if you meet them face to face and have to talk to them or interact with them or give them dawah ect.

Like abu hurairah (ra).

But if you're not, just stick to the sunnah.

For more info read this book

Preventative Measures Against Shaytan by Mustafa ibn Al-Adawi

http://www.al-hidaayah.co.uk/prevent...seen-and-death

nice summary of everything you need to know about jinn and shaytan
Thanks!
It's helped me also.
Thanks for posting that book, I'll look for it on the internet for free download, 'cause I have no money. :embarrass

abu_musab461
08-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Barak Allah fi kum,
there might be similar books online.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.