/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Big Thank You from bottom of my heart

AnonymousPoster
08-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Special thanks to the following members:
Sampharo, Abu Hashim, nebula, squiggle, Scents of Jannah, alcurad, Rebel.

I wanted to create a new thread to draw attention to this. My story was that I had feelings
For my sister’s bestfriend and I was afraid she would turn me down.

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ing-woman.html

With Allah’s help, and the encouragement here, I decided to approach the sister myself.
I am still a shy guy but I thought honestly this is too big and that shyness shouldn’t come in my way.

Ok, I should say I am not lucky to have parents who would go propose a young lady for me. My parents are bullies. They didn’t do it for my older brother so why would they do it for me? So I know it’s haraam but I sent her an e-mail telling her how I felt about her.

Guess what? She tells me that she is shocked, that she wouldn’t think in a million years that I would approach her. She tells me that she has had strong feelings for me as well.
She goes on to tell me she made a list of 40 qualities she wants in a man & that I had all of them. :) She said that she never talked to my sister about me because she thought there is no way this guy will ever like me & didn’t want anything to ruin their friendship. (Oh God, I was thinking the same thing :))
So really if I didn’t approach her she would keep quiet and end up dying without realizing that I also liked her. And I would also have to be wondering for years “what if I approached her, maybe she would say yes”.

I figured all of this out yesterday. It was after consulting Allah for directions, and really reading the encouraging words of my brothers & sisters at islamicboard that I had the courage to approach her.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you. 
(in a few days insha’Allah we will both tell our families of this great news)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
08-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Special thanks to the following members:
Sampharo, Abu Hashim, nebula, squiggle, Scents of Jannah, alcurad, Rebel.
Aww subhanAllah! You're most welcome bro :D

(Oh God, I was thinking the same thing )
lol mashaAllah! ;D

This is such wonderful news bro. I'm really happy for you. Please tell us what is going to happen next? When are you proposing to her inshaAllah? :statisfie:D

Sahabiyaat
08-08-2009, 04:04 PM
whoop whoop

Go you :D

nebula
08-08-2009, 06:16 PM
congrats bro, now you gotta approach her wali inshallah. May Allah make it easy for you and protect all of us from Shaytan. ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
08-08-2009, 09:34 PM
MashaAllah, that's so great brother! InshaAllah everything goes well from her- pay her parents a visit and make your intentions clear, and if it's right, Allah will make it happen. Make dua. And good luck! :)

alcurad
08-08-2009, 09:53 PM
ah, good for you ^. i hope all goes well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.