/* */

PDA

View Full Version : MisConceptions of the Evil America

Clover
08-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Hello, I am sure more than one of us, has made generalizations of America. I see many threads on Islam's Mis-Conceptions, but I have seen more on America, then on Islam here. So here are some I can address:

1. Not all of us eat fast food, I don't, cause it makes me sick now, and it's very un-healthy, and is a major cause of obesity.
2. Not all of us call Muslims terrorists, or think of terrorism when we hear Islam.
3. Not all of us think a woman with hijab (I think thats right) is beaten at home.
4. Not all of us think a muslim man has explosives under his clothes.
5. Not all of us get scared when a muslim is on a plane.
6. Not all of us want to mass-murder muslims.
7. Not all of us believe Israel is right and everyone else is wrong.
8. Not all of us plan on murdering Muslims later on in life.
9. Not all of us are Christians, or even religious.
10. Not all of us plan to join the military.
11. Not all of us enjoy killing people.
12. Not all of us believe sex before marriage.
13. Not all of us get wasted every weekend.
14. Not all of us party daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
15. Not all of us think about football, sex, and drugs, and that's it.

That is 15, out of hundreds. If you want more, ask. I was inspired by this forum :).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
08-08-2009, 10:13 PM
this must be for me :D

this is the dam pest that keeps influencin me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

GuestFellow
08-08-2009, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
this is the dam pest that keeps influencin me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
:muddlehea

That is disturbing....

Though not all Americans are like this. I know some Americans who came to Britain and were really educated.

Clover
08-09-2009, 12:27 AM
aadil77, always there to generalize people! I am proud of you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
08-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Why you think Muslims have MisConceptions of America ?.

Many of us know, not every American has misconception of Islam and not every American hates Muslim.
I never went to America but I often read or watch news and features from America. I never see American as evil. Insyaallah, one day I will visit America.

Clover, I don't know how far your home from Nashville. But,....do you like country music ?.

:)

Clover
08-09-2009, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Many of us know, not every American has misconception of Islam and not every American hates Muslim.
I never went to America but I often read or watch news and features from America. I never see American as evil. Insyaallah, one day I will visit America.

Clover, I don't know how far your home from Nashville. But,....do you like country music ?.

Used to. Now I don't really care much for it.

GuestFellow
08-09-2009, 01:00 AM

I think Brother Uthman posted a topic about 58% of American believe Islam is a peaceful religion. I think 38% think the opposite and the rest are undecided or something like that.

In every country we have stupid people. Like a girl in my school did know even know who Tony Blair was and thought he was the President of America. O_o

I worry so much for this generation...

ardianto
08-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Although not every American has misconception of Islam, some persons in US govt still in their misconception. Many Indonesian (or maybe many people in other Muslim's countries to) complain. After 9/11, get visa to USA is very difficult. But I hope tomorow those persons in Govt would realize, not every Muslim who want to visit USA want to make a trouble.

Honestly, I cannot understand why US govt refute Yusuf Islam when he was landed in US ?. Everyone know he is not a dangerous person.

GuestFellow
08-09-2009, 01:45 AM
s
Although not every American has misconception of Islam, some persons in US govt still in their misconception. Many Indonesian (or maybe many people in other Muslim's countries to) complain. After 9/11, get visa to USA is very difficult. But I hope tomorow those persons in Govt would realize, not every Muslim who want to visit USA want to make a trouble.

Honestly, I cannot understand why US govt refute Yusuf Islam when he was landed in US ?. Everyone know he is not a dangerous person.
The US and the European countries are paranoid. The ''war against terror'' and the media, has created moral panic. They believe they are tackling this problem, but instead all they have made this world a more dangerous place and did not deal with the direct source of this problem.

One major source of the problem is foreign policy and this problem existed before September 11th. Unless if the US and European government begin to act fairly and impartially, then this ''war against terror'' will continue and spiral out of control. If past unresolved issues are not resolved, then people take drastic action, to the extent where some may give up their lives for their voices to be heard.

index123
08-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Well clover thats awesome to hear, but I live in America and am a native citizen I only and have been muslim all my life and no one ever bothers me so really I never thought Americans were evil. Most muslims don't like living in America because, they can't hear the azan at prayer time, the inmodest dress and alot of food is not halaal.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-09-2009, 07:15 AM
i think some people have misconception about "Evil America" due to its mistreatment against Muslims i.e Iraq/afghan war, etc.
if you want to stop generalizations, then perhaps the best way to tackle it is examine the root of the problem itself.

ardianto
08-09-2009, 07:53 AM
I think I must honest.
Although I never see American people as evil, sometime I angry to US govt because they always regard themselves as ruler of the world.
The lattest case that made me angry, when they urged Indonesian govt gives their medical researcher a diplomatic immunity.

And I was very shocked when I knew one of some 'architects' behind agresion on Iraq was Paul Wolfowitz. When Paul Wolfowitz was in his duty as US ambassador in Indonesia, he had a good relation with Muslim people.

Afg
08-09-2009, 08:04 AM
i hope them soldiers leave my country

Afg
08-09-2009, 08:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
Hello, I am sure more than one of us, has made generalizations of America. I see many threads on Islam's Mis-Conceptions, but I have seen more on America, then on Islam here. So here are some I can address:

1. Not all of us eat fast food, I don't, cause it makes me sick now, and it's very un-healthy, and is a major cause of obesity.
2. Not all of us call Muslims terrorists, or think of terrorism when we hear Islam.
3. Not all of us think a woman with hijab (I think thats right) is beaten at home.
4. Not all of us think a muslim man has explosives under his clothes.
5. Not all of us get scared when a muslim is on a plane.
6. Not all of us want to mass-murder muslims.
7. Not all of us believe Israel is right and everyone else is wrong.
8. Not all of us plan on murdering Muslims later on in life.
9. Not all of us are Christians, or even religious.
10. Not all of us plan to join the military.
12. Not all of us believe sex before marriage.
13. Not all of us get wasted every weekend.
14. Not all of us party daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
15. Not all of us think about football, sex, and drugs, and that's it.

That is 15, out of hundreds. If you want more, ask. I was inspired by this forum :).
loool even if they suddenly heard an azan and there's a Muslim nearby, they think he's about to blow himself up..and..wow

Clover
08-09-2009, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afg
loool even if they suddenly heard an azan and there's a Muslim nearby, they think he's about to blow himself up..and..wow
Good generalization. Your the kinda person that inspires me :).

GuestFellow
08-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Can we please stop generalising and clumping people into categories. :/

czgibson
08-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Greetings,

I like the idea behind the thread. :)

I'm not sure that one is something you'd want to shout from the rooftops, though!

A good one to add would be: Not all Americans support their government's numerous wars against Muslim-majority nations.

Peace

Karl
08-10-2009, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
s

The US and the European countries are paranoid. The ''war against terror'' and the media, has created moral panic. They believe they are tackling this problem, but instead all they have made this world a more dangerous place and did not deal with the direct source of this problem.

One major source of the problem is foreign policy and this problem existed before September 11th. Unless if the US and European government begin to act fairly and impartially, then this ''war against terror'' will continue and spiral out of control. If past unresolved issues are not resolved, then people take drastic action, to the extent where some may give up their lives for their voices to be heard.
Very true...the European and American administrations arn't stupid, they are Zionist and at war with Islam, wars make money and push their agendas and they love to shape the world in their image and Islam is definately not in their image so they are trying to eradicate it.

Afg
08-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Good generalization. Your the kinda person that inspires me :).
haha very funny. you're probably that kinda person that gets people thinking..''wow this guy's really good at this stuff and ya he's right.." ah but then you realize that everywhere you have the good, like you mention and the bad also. so you can generalize it all into the good if you want anyway. we wont forget that america gets into other countries business, wanting to show that they can fix whatever the problems, but mostly they just end up ruining people's lifes in the process.

Clover
08-11-2009, 01:43 AM
haha very funny. you're probably that kinda person that gets people thinking..''wow this guy's really good at this stuff and ya he's right.." ah but then you realize that everywhere you have the good, like you mention and the bad also. so you can generalize it all into the good if you want anyway. we wont forget that america gets into other countries business, wanting to show that they can fix whatever the problems, but mostly they just end up ruining people's lifes in the process.
You know what. I love you. Good luck in life, hopefully you will learn more through life, as we all will. Good luck :).

AntiKarateKid
08-11-2009, 02:41 AM
I think a thread entitled "misconceptions of so called Muslim countries" would be cool too. The government of Saudi Arabia has done things just as vile as America ever did, from torturing innocents to letting historical areas of Islam fall into disrepair while they squander money and interfere with their neighbors.

I know it's trendy to bash America (I'm fond doing so too) for it's glaring faults but let's start bashing the so called Muslim governments for their incompetence in living up to the Islamic ideal.

czgibson
08-11-2009, 02:46 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
I think a thread entitled "misconceptions of so called Muslim countries" would be cool too. The government of Saudi Arabia has done things just as vile as America ever did, from torturing innocents to letting historical areas of Islam fall into disrepair while they squander money and interfere with their neighbors.

I know it's trendy to bash America (I'm fond doing so too) for it's glaring faults but let's start bashing the so called Muslim governments for their incompetence in living up to the Islamic ideal.
Well said, that man! :)

Peace

Afg
08-11-2009, 02:50 AM

AntiKarateKid
08-11-2009, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Well said, that man! :)

Peace
I'm just afraid of the Ummah dumping all the blame on foreigners. Sometimes, in our zeal to criticize the west, we're forgetting that we brought these conditions of tyranny and poverty on ourselves.

"Allah does not change a people's lot unless they change what is in their hearts." Quran 13:11

It is also helpful to remember what the Prophet pbuh said of us, the future Muslims.

Narrated Thawban: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The people will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their dish. Someone asked: Will that be because of our small numbers at that time? He replied: No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be scum and rubbish like that carried down by a torrent, and Allah will take fear of you from the breasts of your enemy and last enervation into your hearts. Someone asked: What is wahn (enervation). Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him): He replied: Love of the world and dislike of death.

We are the light of the world, so let's act like it.

Afg
08-11-2009, 03:03 AM
^you are taking about whom? saudi arabia? ya there is the good and bad everywhere

AntiKarateKid
08-11-2009, 03:06 AM
^you are taking about whom? saudi arabia? ya there is the good and bad everywhere
Yea sis. We need to see that Muslims need to change themselves before trying to take on any Western invaders or ideologies. If we were stronger and more unified, this would have never happened. If we were more educated, terrorists and liberal sellouts wouldn't of had as much sway and we'd still be leading in science and technology.

Afg
08-11-2009, 03:40 AM
Yea sis. We need to see that Muslims need to change themselves before trying to take on any Western invaders or ideologies. If we were stronger and more unified, this would have never happened. If we were more educated, terrorists and liberal sellouts wouldn't of had as much sway and we'd still be leading in science and technology.
hmm too bad.. if everyone minded their own business, a lot of people did not have to lose their lives.

Afg
08-12-2009, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
this must be for me :D

Al-Qaida is a group..a suicide group in israel, in the Middle East
keep it up

Afg
08-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Bro Clover, i apologize for ruining your thread

Clover
08-12-2009, 04:05 AM
Bro Clover, i apologize for ruining your thread
I do not know how you ruined it, is it sarcasm?

It doesn't matter. I am about done trying to fight for Islam and America. Both are helpless causes to defend.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-12-2009, 04:29 AM
^why did you have the need to defend Islam?

Clover
08-12-2009, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
^why did you have the need to defend Islam?
I didn't need to. I didn't even really want too, but I did it out of respect. I heard some people saying stuff like "terrorists? probably Muslims" so, I pursued, to show them Islam isn't terrorism.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-12-2009, 04:56 AM
I didn't need to. I didn't even really want too, but I did it out of respect
why do you care about Islam and Muslims so much? i mean, its not really common for a non-Muslim to go out of their way to defend Islam...

Clover
08-12-2009, 04:59 AM
why do you care about Islam and Muslims so much? i mean, its not really common for a non-Muslim to go out of their way to defend Islam...
I don't know. It's part of being me. I just don't want to defend it anymore. It doesn't matter anymore.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-12-2009, 05:06 AM
ok, thats cool *we weren't really asking you to defend, but thank you none the less* but due to your own unsuccess, don't go around saying that its a useless thing to defend.

Clover
08-12-2009, 05:08 AM
ok, thats cool *we weren't really asking you to defend, but thank you none the less* but due to your own unsuccess, don't go around saying that its a useless thing to defend.
You don't think I know that? I know no one asks, but that's not a reason not too. If everyone didn't defend each other, without asking, their would be a lot of messed up teenagers.

Failure? Madam, I didn't fail, I proved my point, time and again, but it no longer makes sense to do it. They never learn from it, and never will. They don't compute knowledge.

Afg
08-12-2009, 05:46 AM
I do not know how you ruined it, is it sarcasm?

It doesn't matter. I am about done trying to fight for Islam and America. Both are helpless causes to defend.
No its not sarcasm.
Not every Muslim thinks America the way you might think the Muslims think. It may not always be about the Americans, but about how they know how to ignore their own faults, but then think everyone thinks bad about them.
Its going to need more than that, they just do not seem to click.
Where are you fighting for Islam anyway? I dont see it, i thought it was only about America. Oh well, thanks.

noorseeker
08-12-2009, 05:58 AM
not all of us are fat
you forgot that one

Ummu Sufyaan
08-12-2009, 06:31 AM
You don't think I know that? I know no one asks, but that's not a reason not too. If everyone didn't defend each other, without asking, their would be a lot of messed up teenagers.
you didn't get my point. my point that Islam is a failure to defend was quite uncalled for. if you feel that way, fine, but to make a...well lo and behold generalization(:exhausted) is quite ridiculous!

Failure? Madam, I didn't fail, I proved my point, time and again, but it no longer makes sense to do it.
prove your point? weren't you just saying that you were doing it out of respect and to show people that Islam isn't terrorism? sounds a little inconsistent.

They never learn from it, and never will. They don't compute knowledge.
and yet you say that you intend on joining the US army? it doesn't quite fit the "profile" of one who thinks it's pointless to defend the US.

Clover
08-12-2009, 09:59 PM
you didn't get my point. my point that Islam is a failure to defend was quite uncalled for. if you feel that way, fine, but to make a...well lo and behold generalization(:exhausted) is quite ridiculous!

prove your point? weren't you just saying that you were doing it out of respect and to show people that Islam isn't terrorism? sounds a little inconsistent.

and yet you say that you intend on joining the US army? it doesn't quite fit the "profile" of one who thinks it's pointless to defend the US.
If I feel it, I say it. I do not think defending Islam in my region, will do anything but cause violence. Their ya go.

How so?

When did I ever say it's pointless to defend the US?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-13-2009, 03:43 AM
If I feel it, I say it. I do not think defending Islam in my region, will do anything but cause violence. Their ya go.
i like it when people try manipulate the conversation onto something else, they just do me a favor and affirm my point. when were we talking about defending Islam in your region? i was speaking about (and assumed you were as well) as a whole.

How so?
trying to prove a point is different from doing something out of respect. the former is done for ones own good, whilst the latter is done for someone else own good.

When did I ever say it's pointless to defend the US?
Both are helpless causes to defend.
same thing...

Clover
08-13-2009, 03:50 AM
i like it when people try manipulate the conversation onto something else, they just do me a favor and affirm my point. when were we talking about defending Islam in your region? i was speaking about (and assumed you were as well) as a whole.

trying to prove a point is different from doing something out of respect. the former is done for ones own good, whilst the latter is done for someone else own good.

same thing...
Actually that wasn't my intent, but thanks for knowing more about myself, then..myself :statisfie. Islam as a whole, what? I am really lost on this part.

Well, I guess I was doing the latter?

No, I am willing to defend the US, physically, and in debate, but debating here does nothing but get me rants. Same as debating Islam here, rants, and sometimes physical rants.

glo
08-13-2009, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Can we please stop generalising and clumping people into categories. :/
Amen to that, Guestfellow.

I believe that's the very point clover is trying to make!

Ummu Sufyaan
08-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Actually that wasn't my intent, but thanks for knowing more about myself, then..myself :statisfie. Islam as a whole, what? I am really lost on this part.

Well, I guess I was doing the latter?

No, I am willing to defend the US, physically, and in debate, but debating here does nothing but get me rants. Same as debating Islam here, rants, and sometimes physical rants.
hmmm i quit. its pointless trying to get through people who refuse to see your points...*unsubscribes to the thread*

Clover
08-13-2009, 10:58 PM
hmmm i quit. its pointless trying to get through people who refuse to see your points...*unsubscribes to the thread*
lol cya later then.

GuestFellow
08-13-2009, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Amen to that, Guestfellow.

I believe that's the very point clover is trying to make!
I think people have become too defensive. :hmm:

I agree Clover does make a good point. It is not wise to make generalisations. It can corrupt your way of thinking and could lead to many undesirable consequences.

Afg
08-14-2009, 04:13 AM
^Tell that to the non-Muslims. They make generalization about the Muslims, calling everyone terrorists and things like that and discriminations.

GuestFellow
08-14-2009, 03:30 PM
^Tell that to the non-Muslims. They make generalization about the Muslims, calling everyone terrorists and things like that and discriminations.
Asslamu Alikum.

Yes I'm aware how some non-Muslims are calling all Muslims terrorists and make generalization about us. However that does not mean we should do the same either. Nothing good comes out of making generalizations and stereotyping.

Muezzin
08-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I think people in general are easy to deal with. Not inherently 'good' or 'bad', but rather willing to treat others respectfully if they are treated respectfully. If you're hostile, you're inviting hostility, regardless of nationality.

It's the attitude and actions of certain governments who I personally have a problem with.

Answering generalisations with generalisations doesn't really get anyone anywhere.

Clover
08-14-2009, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I think people in general are easy to deal with. Not inherently 'good' or 'bad', but rather willing to treat others respectfully if they are treated respectfully. If you're hostile, you're inviting hostility, regardless of nationality.

It's the attitude and actions of certain governments who I personally have a problem with.

Answering generalisations with generalisations doesn't really get anyone anywhere.

I noticed that too, and thought kinda redundant.

I wouldn't say governments, cause not everyone is the government is evil, probably a majority, but not all, I am sure.

Muezzin
08-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I noticed that too, and thought kinda redundant.

I wouldn't say governments, cause not everyone is the government is evil, probably a majority, but not all, I am sure.
Not the governments themselves (i.e. not necessarily everybody in the organisation), but the behaviour of certain governments. It's not really about 'good' or 'evil' either - the behaviour I take issue to relates ultimately to greed.

Anyway, good idea for a thread.

Clover
08-16-2009, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Not the governments themselves (i.e. not necessarily everybody in the organisation), but the behaviour of certain governments. It's not really about 'good' or 'evil' either - the behaviour I take issue to relates ultimately to greed.

Anyway, good idea for a thread.
Not really. I wish I hadn't made it. It is obvious a lot of people on here hate Americans in general, and making a topic did nothing but inspire them probably.

Muezzin
08-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Not really. I wish I hadn't made it. It is obvious a lot of people on here hate Americans in general, and making a topic did nothing but inspire them probably.
I could clean up the thread if you like.

I'm just afraid of the Ummah dumping all the blame on foreigners. Sometimes, in our zeal to criticize the west, we're forgetting that we brought these conditions of tyranny and poverty on ourselves.

"Allah does not change a people's lot unless they change what is in their hearts." Quran 13:11

It is also helpful to remember what the Prophet pbuh said of us, the future Muslims.

Narrated Thawban: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The people will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their dish. Someone asked: Will that be because of our small numbers at that time? He replied: No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be scum and rubbish like that carried down by a torrent, and Allah will take fear of you from the breasts of your enemy and last enervation into your hearts. Someone asked: What is wahn (enervation). Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him): He replied: Love of the world and dislike of death.

We are the light of the world, so let's act like it.
Very true. It's not healthy to blame all of the Ummah's problems on external forces as it were, because all of the Ummah's problems are clearly not caused solely by those external forces.

13th Yarba
09-07-2009, 11:07 PM
respect for the post - it must be pretty exhausting when you think about the subject matter. it takes a lot of strength to make concise points on such an emotive issue in a rational way - sometimes in the face of hostility.

at the end of the day anybody who considers issues in terms of un-american or non-muslim is on a hiding to nothing

as a famous idiot once said;

'there are only two types of people in the world - those who divide everything into two groups and those that don't'

Afg
09-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Well i dont think a lot of people here hate Americans. Its just the policy thing thats effecting other countries in a bad way, and i wouldnt want to go into it now :exhausted

Grace Seeker
09-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Well i dont think a lot of people here hate Americans. Its just the policy thing thats effecting other countries in a bad way, and i wouldnt want to go into it now :exhausted
I agree that American foreign policy needs to change. But let us not mistakenly think of International Corporations as products of American government, they are just business trying to make a dollar, a yen, a franc, a mark, or whatever other currency they can bank. They may appear "American", but they are not they are simply capitalists and that is all they are. So, please don't confuse "American" business with American government; they are two different things and the first often takes advantage of and uses the second.

As to some of the policies that are the product of the government. Remember that the policies of our government are not forever. What one administration did another may chose to reverse. The last election was a vote by the American people for reversals in some areas and not in others. One of the things that it seesm to me that neither the world nor the American people want is for the USA to play big brother to the entire world. Now the reason that we do is because it wasn't that long ago when that is exactly what the world wanted, and not so enthusiastically we agreed, not because we wanted to but because we felt that it might be our duty seeing as how fortunate we understood that we were. It didn't always go well, and we made some mistakes along the way. Still, I think that over all we've done more good than harm.

We stopped Hitler and Japanese aggression in the middle of the last century, we led the world in the development of a middle class in most nations, overcame diseases like polio, kept starving countries alive, responded to world disasters, and bankrolled other countries to assist in building their own infrastructure.

I'm sorry we also invented and shared with people the TV, telephone and the movie projector leading the moral decline of many cultures -- but really I want to blame the Japanese for making these things so cheap that everyone can afford one. ;D

Seriously, we are far from perfect. Even in families big brothers have to let their smaller siblings grow-up and lead their own lives. We've gotten so enmeshed in some places that we have gone, that even though we may have arrived with the best of intentiones (and I know not all of the places we have gone have been with such good intent), what we are doing today is often not to anyone's benefit but some corporate greed. Still, I see what happens when we attempt to leave. We've created dependence and many places fail to stand when we pull out to hastily. So, leaving is a lot simpler in principle than it is in practice. Iraq would be a good case in point. No one wants us there. Not Americans, not Iraqis, not even our own military. But leaving seems to make things worse not better.

We are cursed today, and then tomorrow someone will be in need again and they will say, "You Americans, you are so well off, you should do something to help those who are less fortunate and don't have the wealth, or freedoms, or opportunities, or medical care, or education, or _______________ that you do. And because these thing are complicated and take both time and investment, 10 years from now we will still be there and it will again be lifted up that we are too involved in other people's countries.

So, we are cursed by people if we stay and cursed by people if we go. Either way we are cursed, and that is what it seems to mean to be an American in our world today.

Muezzin
09-11-2009, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
I agree that American foreign policy needs to change. But let us not mistakenly think of International Corporations as products of American government, they are just business trying to make a dollar, a yen, a franc, a mark, or whatever other currency they can bank.
You mean a Euro. :)

That's my irreverant, near-irrelevant post of the day.

blazingflames17
09-11-2009, 07:14 PM
The Muslim world does blame a lot of problems on U.S. and Israel. But! Some problems ARE caused by them!

The 'Ummah' has a lot of problems they need to work out. I read an article online a few weeks back where communities in Yemen are blaming for the U.S. for their dwindling water supplies! It's not our fault!

Good points about americans Clover, also people need to realize that Muslims are not evil terrorists who want to shove ideology down people's throats. The truth is, they couldn't really care less, they just want to live their lives.

But, Muslims are guilty of generalizing and sterotyping americans and jews westerners too! Come on guys, we're all human, we live on this planet earth together. I don't want to see sterotyping from any sides.

I hope my little reply here made the reader realize that there is two sides to blame always in sterotypes.

Afg
09-12-2009, 10:32 AM
What Muslims are angry about is the way israel bombs Palestine like its nobody's business and in the process kill a lot of people and then justify and get their pity from the countries such as america, who might have the power to stop this but unfortunately its still going on. This post does not have much to do with generalization, but its the truth.

blazingflames17
09-12-2009, 02:25 PM
What Muslims are angry about is the way israel bombs Palestine like its nobody's business and in the process kill a lot of people and then justify and get their pity from the countries such as america, who might have the power to stop this but unfortunately its still going on. This post does not have much to do with generalization, but its the truth.
Oh afg, I understand, I really want that to stop!

But I still think the muslim world should learn to solve problems for themselves or politely ask us for help in things. I get it about Israel but there is a lot of other issues.. And even though it's easy for me to say, if I was in power, I would try to help you all so we can have a more peaceful and co operative world.

By the way, just curious, are you from Afghanistan? I do not support U.S. occupation! They need to leave and commence nation building!

All the best.

Humbler_359
09-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I think I must honest.
Although I never see American people as evil, sometime I angry to US govt because they always regard themselves as ruler of the world.
The lattest case that made me angry, when they urged Indonesian govt gives their medical researcher a diplomatic immunity.

And I was very shocked when I knew one of some 'architects' behind agresion on Iraq was Paul Wolfowitz. When Paul Wolfowitz was in his duty as US ambassador in Indonesia, he had a good relation with Muslim people.
:sl: ardianto,

Paul Wolfowitz is jewish who support Israel and war on Iraq. Is he still Ambassador to your country? Why not kicked him out? :hmm:

:sl: AntiKarateKid,

Exactly, for example, Turkey, Iran, and Pakistan who are in process in developing more education, advanced technology, research, space, and military, we shall overcome these difficulties, Insha'Allah. :D

Afg
09-25-2009, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blazingflames17
Oh afg, I understand, I really want that to stop!

But I still think the muslim world should learn to solve problems for themselves or politely ask us for help in things. I get it about Israel but there is a lot of other issues.. And even though it's easy for me to say, if I was in power, I would try to help you all so we can have a more peaceful and co operative world.

By the way, just curious, are you from Afghanistan? I do not support U.S. occupation! They need to leave and commence nation building!

All the best.
Yes me too. How can Muslims learn to solve problems for themselves if the west dont leave them to it.

Thank you, and yes i am Afghan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.