/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What can a woman do?

The Ruler
08-08-2009, 10:37 PM
In Islam, if a woman does not give her husband his rights, we know what he's allowed to do and to what extent - somewhat. But what can a woman do when she is not given her right?

What I'm not looking for are the following:
- The virtues of being a good husband
- The virtues of being patient (even though that's relevant)
- The value of this smiley: :phew

I know a woman is encouraged to remain patient and wait for the hereafter to be rewarded, but if a man is not given his right, he can do the same, can he not? Is there any hadith (for as far as my knowledge goes, there are no Qur'anic ayah; though I'm as prone to being wrong in matters of religion as the one without sufficient knowledge in Islam) regarding any lady who was displeased with her husband? If so, what is it that the Prophet (saw) told her to do?

On a side note, this is no feminist post. Over~

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
08-08-2009, 10:44 PM
The husband and wife both have the right to be in a fulfilling marriage. If someone's rights are not being fulfilled (be that person a man or woman), then they can either be patient for the sake of Allah, try to talk and solve their problems, or if it's a man divorce his wife, or if it's a woman, take it to an islamic judge/imam and ask for a divorce based on the grounds that her rights aren't being given.

The Ruler
08-08-2009, 10:52 PM
If a man is dissatisfied, he can admonish the lady or separate the bedding. But what can a woman do?

... Or something like that.

S_87
08-09-2009, 12:44 PM
a woman can advice her husband, if that doesnt work she can get other elder and wise people involved to advise/speak to him and if that doesnt work then she can seek khula

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.