/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arrests at anti-Islamic protest

GuestFellow
08-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Police in Birmingham have arrested 33 people during protests by anti-fascists and a group demonstrating against Islamic fundamentalism.

One protest involved two groups known as Casuals United and the English Defence League, which police said were made up of local football fans.

Another counter-protest in the city centre was organised by Unite Against Fascism, West Midlands Police said.

Two people were injured in the disturbances which began at 1800 BST.

Police said there were "sporadic incidents of disturbance in the city centre" with the majority of the arrests being for disorder.

There was one report of criminal damage to a vehicle, but more were expected. No police officers were hurt.

'Burning flag'

Resident Gary Nichols witnessed the disturbances from his city centre flat and said he was unable to go outside for about two and a half hours.

"It was very disheartening to see," he told the BBC.

"I've never experienced anything like it before in the three years I've lived here. It really wasn't nice to see and I hope I never see it again
Gary Nichols, eyewitness

"It started off with a group of white guys who were chanting 'England, England'. I thought they were just football fans, but then a larger group of black and Asian people turned up and it all kicked off.

"You had people burning the Union flag. People were being kicked - some of them weren't anything to do with the protests.

"It all seemed to be very systematic - groups were arriving in cars and getting involved in the violence.

"It really wasn't nice to see and I hope I never see it again."

Speaking before the demonstration, on the West Midlands Police website, Superintendent Matt Ward said there had been a similar protest against Islamic fundamentalism last month, involving 70 to 90 people.

He said the protest had been "vocal" but peaceful.

Supt Ward said the police wanted to balance the rights of protesters with retailers and shoppers who wanted to use the city centre for their normal business.
Source

I pray for something like this to never happen again.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
08-08-2009, 11:13 PM
oh crap this was yesterday?

edit: i mean today

The_Prince
08-08-2009, 11:16 PM
i saw one very nice pic of one of the anti-Islamic protester getting a very niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee lesson from the other group.

what a nice sight.

aadil77
08-08-2009, 11:17 PM
were you there guest fellow?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
were you there guest fellow?
I was at home. I never went.

I warned my sister to stay home...

Ar-RaYYan
08-08-2009, 11:20 PM
I dont know why the media, police and governments loved to use the phrase 'Islamic fundamentalism'. At the end of the day these anti-islamic protesters dont care whether you are fundamentalist or liberal muslims. They still want all of us out!

The_Prince
08-08-2009, 11:23 PM
these idiots were chanting muslim bombers off our streets, obviously their trying to provoke and showing their against Muslims as a whole, why not say extremists off our streets. and last i checked there are no muslim bombers on the streets of england!

terrorist british soldiers and bombers out of Muslims land! out! out! out!

aadil77
08-08-2009, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

who were the 'black' people that came with the asians, were they muslims?somalis?

Ar-RaYYan
08-08-2009, 11:29 PM

i hope nothing happened to her? was she there to protest?

GuestFellow
08-08-2009, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
who were the 'black' people that came with the asians, were they muslims?somalis?
If they came with the Muslims,it is very likely they would be Somalis. I just saw the video. Salama Yaqoob was protesting. o_o

format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
i hope nothing happened to her? was she there to protest?
Nothing happened to her. I told my family to stay away. I would have been very worried if they had went.

I never seen the Bullring in such a mess. I hate it when this happens. Reminds me of the Bradford riots...

جوري
08-08-2009, 11:50 PM
wouldn't it have been amusing if a 'Muslim bomber' had shown up and made their wishes come true?
isn't that what people do when they chant? to invoke something to happen?
what a bunch of nits

Ar-RaYYan
08-09-2009, 12:12 AM
If they came with the Muslims,it is very likely they would be Somalis. I just saw the video. Salama Yaqoob was protesting. o_o

Nothing happened to her. I told my family to stay away. I would have been very worried if they had went.

I never seen the Bullring in such a mess. I hate it when this happens. Reminds me of the Bradford riots...
Most people were fearing it might be a repeate of the 2001 riots . Thank god it didnt come as close to that.

hmm i wonder if br Adam11 and his counter-protest group came? and did some of the things he said they were going to do?:

assalamu alaykom brothers and sisters,

I assume you've heard of this counter-protest:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=9991532179

I have spoken to many Muslim youth. A group of them are planning to come in England shirts and shout ENGLAND ENGLAND back at the fascists, and then do a mass prayer right in front of them. There will most likely be a white British Muslim revert leading them on the megaphone.
that would have been pretty cool

GuestFellow
08-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Hmmm

I think it is best to ignore them. These anti-islamic protestors are hooligans. I wonder what their reaction would have been if all the Muslims would have ignored them and never turned up...

Ar-RaYYan
08-09-2009, 12:42 AM
^ well Birmingham is the most multicultural city in the uk outside london so even if there were no muslims protesting there bound to be some muslims around who those idiots can throw abuse at.

GuestFellow
08-09-2009, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
^ well Birmingham is the most multicultural city in the uk outside london so even if there were no muslims protesting there bound to be some muslims around who those idiots can throw abuse at.
Yeah I suppose. Those Anti-Islamic protestors want Muslims to react and then claim we are the bad guys. =/

We should adopt different methods to challenge these people

The_Prince
08-09-2009, 03:07 AM
well this protest wasnt as large as the last one, so they did fail on that front, they were expecting thousands.

Muezzin
08-09-2009, 05:10 PM
We should adopt different methods to challenge these people
Such as IQ tests.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.