/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scared Of Reading Namaaz

AnonymousPoster
08-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Salaam, I always have the intention to read namaaz but when the time comes i do not. The problem i have is I'm worried i might be reading namaz for the wrong reasons. When people notice you are reading namaaz they tend to say "This person is a "5 times namazi" etc etc and praise you

Now this is the scary bit. I do not want people to think/say such things this and i do not want to read because of them. Im aware there are people who do read namaaz for the wrong reasons and i do not want to fall in that trap.

Any tips on how to combat this?

JazakAllah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_008
08-09-2009, 06:37 AM
:sl:
Rasoolullah :saws: did tell us that the praise that a Momin gets for practising Islam is one of the blessings of Allah that is achieved in this life. So it is kind of inevitable. You have to take it anyway. You are fortunate enough that you live in an environment where you get praised for being a Muslim or else, as you know, many Muslims are getting persecuted in different parts of the world for that very same reason.

Allah says in Surah An-Nisaa (Surah # 4) verse 79
Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. but whatever evil happens to thee, is from thy (own) soul.

So you can take it this way that it is Allah's mercy that he's guided you to offer Salaah and your accomplishment in doing so is not yours but it is Allah who willed such good for you. It happens a lot that when something bad or evil happens or we do something bad we attribute it to Qadr (Destiny) and Allah's will whereas when we do some righteous deed, we want full credit for it and Qadr isn't even mentioned. While its the opposite case.

There's also this Hadeeth in which Rasoolullah :saws: said:

"No one of you will enter Paradise by his deeds alone."

They asked, "Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?"

He said, "Not even me, unless Allah covers me with His Grace and Mercy"

Whatever good we have been doing so far is only because Allah has guided us and if he hadn't done so then obviously we'd be intoxicated with the desires of this world and doing all kinds of things. All success comes from Allah whether material or spiritual.

Its just shaitaan's waswaas that springs this feeling up in all of us. I suffer from it as well. I'm scared to recite the Qur'an out loud sometimes and sometimes I get worried when I receive greetings from many people in the masjid. I start feeling that I'm getting popular in the masjid. Even posting this post is scaring me. The best thing is to just do whatever you're doing because you can hope by doing Isighfar that if your intentions weren't right Allah might forgive you and even reward you for that deed but if you don't practice righteousness then you're calling for Allah's wrath with open arms.

Make lots and lots of Dua for pure intentions and go through the following page, it contains couple of amazing Duas.
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/6356

May Allah purify our intentions, thoughts and actions. Ameen

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
08-09-2009, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

Any tips on how to combat this?
just pray for the sake of allah. it isn't your fault what people say, don't let the shaytaan put you off something so important due to something so unimportant.

celina
08-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Just focus on your own intention, tell yourself that you are only reading namaaz for the sake of Allah which it should be anyway, ignore people they will always talk.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
08-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I think this is why it's not allowed to praise people whilst their infront of you, you should praise them when their not there. I suffered from what u did and the way I combated it was to not let any 1 see me praying. Go to an empty room and don't tell anyone what your doing just pray and come out without anyone seeing you or knowing that your praying.

celina
08-09-2009, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I think this is why it's not allowed to praise people whilst their infront of you, you should praise them when their not there. I suffered from what u did and the way I combated it was to not let any 1 see me praying. Go to an empty room and don't tell anyone what your doing just pray and come out without anyone seeing you or knowing that your praying.
Brother I really don't think that is neccessairy, it could be a option, but praying is about ones intention and surrending yourself in front of Allah. Forget the people it makes no difference what they say or think, however if it really affecting the person then maybe going to pray in an empty room would be beneficial but I don;t think it is a way out of it. I think speaking to people is a good idea about how one feels.

noorseeker
08-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Bro i know what you mean , you fear riyah (fear of show off ) , The thing is you cannot stop people praising you, and there might be a chance you will fall ino arrogance,.

The praise puts added pressure on you i know, just carry on bro, once everyone gets used to see you pray, they will get back to normal

till you point out haram and halal to elders , and theres a next battle hahaha

ahmed_indian
08-09-2009, 01:23 PM
namaaz is very very important. its the first thing to be asked on Day of Judgment.

if everyone will leave namaaz due to fear of ppl's praise, then who will read namaaz?

read them for Allah's pleasure and if someone praises u, say 'alhumdulillah' - all praises are for Allah.

u can also remember ur past sins to overcome pride in ur good deeds.

Salahudeen
08-10-2009, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by celina
Brother I really don't think that is neccessairy, it could be a option, but praying is about ones intention and surrending yourself in front of Allah. Forget the people it makes no difference what they say or think, however if it really affecting the person then maybe going to pray in an empty room would be beneficial but I don;t think it is a way out of it. I think speaking to people is a good idea about how one feels.
Well it depends on the individual and the status of his heart, I do not think you or I can make a decision or comment on whether or not it is neccessary for him. Only the individual who is going through it is able to ascertain whether or not he needs to take such measures to protect his deeds and ensure that they are solely for the pleasure of Allah. I only meant so suggest it as an option the decision lies with him if he feels he needs to do that.

But such things are not unheard of, the pious predecessors used to also employ this method of doing deeds secretly away from the people so no body could see them,

for example there was one who would stay up all night and act like he was waking up in morning by doin loud fake yawns, another who fasted without family knowing for years he would give his lunch away to poor people.

And there was 1 called ali ibn husayn, zain ul aabideen rahimahullah he used to go out in the middle of the night with large sacks of food on his back and place them outside poor peoples homes and no one knew who kept givin em food till he died, they turned his body over and found scars on his back from the weight of carrying the sacks.

and the only way people realised it was him was cos of those marks and the fact that when he died the food stpped. what amazing people subhanallah

abu_musab461
08-10-2009, 02:01 AM
The prophet would read this before starting salah

Allahumma inni a'uzubika minash shaytanir rajeem. Min hamzhi wa Nafkhi was Nafthi

(O Allah! I seek refuge with You from the cursed devil, from his Hamz (suffocation), Nafkh (arrogance) and Nafth (evil poems)

(Abu Dawud and Ibn Majah)

it would be ironic if you didnt pray because people were watching you and you find on the Day of Judgement they dont even care about you and you go to the Hellfire.

Or they burn in the hellfire and they watch you in there

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.