/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Muslim demo 8th August 2009

Blackpool
08-09-2009, 07:45 AM
I know there was one yesterday and the BNP supporters were out in force. It looks more aggressive than the first one.

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLvh6ll-Aoc

Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv7Er9jQBnQ

There doesn't seem to be as many numbers this time around..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
08-09-2009, 08:31 AM
:sl:
Hahaha, they got owned. Lovely to see all those bnp members on the comments section whining about getting their butts whooped.

Blackpool
08-09-2009, 08:41 AM
It seems alot from the last demo had abandoned them. The demo turned from one thing (demo against extremists) into another (demo against muslims.)

aamirsaab
08-09-2009, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
It seems alot from the last demo had abandoned them. The demo turned from one thing (demo against extremists) into another (demo against muslims.)
Tbh, I think that was bound to happen. Rally enough right-wingers and no doubt you'll have some paki-bashing chavs in the ranks...

I find it quite strange though, since this happened in Birmingham near the bull ring. I was actually in Birmingham 2 weeks back (attending a talk held by some sheiks at one of the mosques there) and I was amazed at what I saw: 3 pubs surrounding the mosque, a chinese area about 5 minutes from there and plenty of halaal places in-circling that. I.e. very heavily populated asian area. But not many non-asians or even any fights.

So found it quite strange as to why this demo was being held in Brummistan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Blackpool
08-09-2009, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Tbh, I think that was bound to happen. Rally enough right-wingers and no doubt you'll have some paki-bashing chavs in the ranks...

I find it quite strange though, since this happened in Birmingham near the bull ring. I was actually in Birmingham 2 weeks back (attending a talk held by some sheiks at one of the mosques there) and I was amazed at what I saw: 3 pubs surrounding the mosque, a chinese area about 5 minutes from there and plenty of halaal places in-circling that. I.e. very heavily populated asian area. But not many non-asians or even any fights.

The 1st demo was held in Birmingham because, I think, an extremist was being transported there. Therefore, people demonstrated against him and other extremists. The 2nd demo was clearly to look for trouble. As I said a few weeks ago, I received a message on youtube inviting me to attend. It ended with the words "let's go paki-bashing." The general population are against extremism not muslims. That is the reason for this very low turn out. I see some white faces chasing the BNP supporters in one of those videos too.

one love
08-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Good morning to one and all just had a good look around the forum and as a non muslim find it v interesting. I'ts good to be able to hear points of view from all aspects of multi-cultrual society here in the UK.

There are a few things I don't understand so could someone clarify them for me without bringing up the usual Colonial past and other tired arguements that people seem to drag up when stuck for answers when discussing problems.

I think this type of demostration will always atract right wing groups due to the nature of the protest I believe the intention behind the protest is of value i think the UK has no place for fundamentalism or it's ideals.

What I can't understand is the majority of the Muslim society in the UK also believe there is no place for fundamentalism

Why doesn't the Muslim society take to the streets to protest in the same manner as these groups do

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work in making the forum what it is.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-09-2009, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by one love
I think this type of demostration will always atract right wing groups due to the nature of the protest I believe the intention behind the protest is of value i think the UK has no place for fundamentalism or it's ideals.
fundamental? with all due respect, do you know what that word actually means?

What I can't understand is the majority of the Muslim society in the UK also believe there is no place for fundamentalism
Why doesn't the Muslim society take to the streets to protest in the same manner as these groups do
probably becuase they have been brainwashed and therefore don't understand what "fundamental" means.

majority, according to who? because if i remember correctly, there was as survey done which suggested that a good portion of the Muslim community in the UK are pro the Shariah Law implemented.

noorseeker
08-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I thought it was cancelled, so didnt bother going, it was on the local news,
heard there were a few fights, ive actually just come from city centre, you couldnt even tell there was anything wrong

The_Prince
08-09-2009, 12:40 PM
these videos are nice, watching those right wing racists running scared, ahahaha.

one love
08-09-2009, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
fundamental? with all due respect, do you know what that word actually means?

probably becuase they have been brainwashed and therefore don't understand what "fundamental" means.

majority, according to who? because if i remember correctly, there was as survey done which suggested that a good portion of the Muslim community in the UK are pro the Shariah Law implemented.

thanks for the reply yes I know what the word fundamental means.
I didn't mention Shariah Law and never implied that those that want Shariah Law are fundamentalists. I was referring to a part of the muslim society that is hell bent on preaching hate and violence with in it's own community the so called Jihadis.
From what I know the muslim faith is a peacefull loving religion and I dont understand why the communities don't "out" these people. The very people that reflect negative views and press on the rest of the respected community so we can go back to the multi society Britain that we know.

GuestFellow
08-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Hmmm

I'm going to get my bus pass tommorrow. I wonder if that is a good idea. O_o

I hope things cool down by then.

czgibson
08-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Greetings,
From what I know the muslim faith is a peacefull loving religion and I dont understand why the communities don't "out" these people.
Could it be because of the prohibition on backbiting?

Peace

Ar-RaYYan
08-09-2009, 03:03 PM
thanks for the reply yes I know what the word fundamental means.
I didn't mention Shariah Law and never implied that those that want Shariah Law are fundamentalists..
Are you sure you are not confusing the word 'fundamentalist' with 'extremist'?
As far as i know those that want the shariah law are fundamentalists. There is nothing wrong with being a fundamentalist.

Uthman
08-09-2009, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Could it be because of the prohibition on backbiting?
I don't think that's likely for two reasons. Firstly, I think most Muslims aren't aware of the prohibition of backbiting and secondly, I know many Muslims who backbite anyway.

As a side issue, there are certain circumstances where backbiting is permissible and this may be one of them. Of course, this is something that would have to be confirmed by scholars.

Uthman
08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I can tell that some of us commenting on the word 'fundamentalist' have been listening to Dr. Zakir Naik. :D

However, it's problematic if we're simply going to define words according to their linguistic meaning because this ignores the fact that many words come into existence for certain reasons and their meanings change according to popular usage. As I understand it, the word fundamentalist came into existence to describe a certain group of Christians but I forget the details.

one love
08-09-2009, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
I can tell that some of us commenting on the word 'fundamentalist' have been listening to Dr. Zakir Naik. :D

However, it's problematic if we're simply going to define words according to their linguistic meaning because this ignores the fact that many words come into existence for certain reasons and their meanings change according to popular usage. As I understand it, the word fundamentalist came into existence to describe a certain group of Christians but I forget the details.
yes the word fundamentalist was first applied to a christian movement in the states

I think the reason why fundamentalist and extremism are viewed as the same is due to the media the average person in the UK would think they are one in the same.

I understand about the back bitting but if members of the muslim community are hell bent on destroying the good work done by others through radical beliefs or actions that are deemed anti-establishment then surely these actions should be bought to the attention of others as from what I understand these people are no more than anarchists hiding behind a religion.

These people have different a moral structure from the rest of us be it christian, budhist, muslim or zionist.

czgibson
08-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
I don't think that's likely for two reasons. Firstly, I think most Muslims aren't aware of the prohibition of backbiting and secondly, I know many Muslims who backbite anyway.
On many occasions I've seen Muslims here refusing to condemn the likes of Osama bin Laden because they don't want to be seen as backbiting. Even if his is a case where backbiting may be permissible, the fact that there's uncertainty about it means it's potentially a very dangerous rule.

If Muslim communities believe they have extremists in their midst, they should definitely speak out about it.

Peace

Ar-RaYYan
08-09-2009, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

why do you find that strange? Birmingham is home to a significant amount of muslims so wouldnt it have been obvious that sooner or later there would have been demonstrations against muslims?
Yeah you are right places that are heavily populated by asians tend not to have that many non-asians but you should see other areas of Bham especially those 'mixed' areas there are a lot of tension and racism

جوري
08-10-2009, 06:33 AM
is there anything more wasteful than taking to the street with a picket sign? pls give me a break, put your grievances in writing and send it to someone who gives a ****!
but then maybe it is that whole Warhol 15 min of fame thing that drives them to do it.

very effective!

azad998
08-14-2009, 10:44 PM
hey culd evry one tell family members to not go to bull ring on the 29th or the 30th? bcoz bnp nf and edl are doing protests again but its not jus edl this time nf and bnp are gna be their disguised as edl.

check this forum out

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/show...621875&page=10

also loads of pakis and black people are goin down aswell so im guessin its gna be a big riot afta wat happend on the 8th i think this culd be worse

Clover
08-14-2009, 10:51 PM
I am lost. What exactly is this? A fight? That looks like a bunch of people playing, I mean really. I have been to mass-fights, their not like that at all. No one runs, your all just in a big line, swinging and kicking, and whatever else happens. This looks like a bunch of people on some random day, deciding to play around.

azad998
08-14-2009, 10:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP7pVtW2yTI&feature=fvw

dunno but im just sayin to evry one to tell family members to stay home on that day 30th

GuestFellow
08-14-2009, 10:58 PM
^ I agree.

Things are not looking good in Birmingham. Many people have given me dirty looks when I went to the Bullring couple of days ago.

azad998
08-14-2009, 11:01 PM
i reckon its gna be one of those oldham style riots the way sum people are goin on, worst thing is that its goin to be ramzaan so i dunno but ive heard loads of asians and blacks are goin dwn so it shuld be 10 time bigger

Clover
08-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Guys, if someone would pay for a flight, I will come lol. I sware to you, I would. I haven't ever got to be in a fight with that many people. Please! ok nvm, I am not a English kinda guy anyways. But still, lucky people.

Beblessed
08-17-2009, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azad998
hey culd evry one tell family members to not go to bull ring on the 29th or the 30th? bcoz bnp nf and edl are doing protests again but its not jus edl this time nf and bnp are gna be their disguised as edl.

check this forum out

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/show...621875&page=10

also loads of pakis and black people are goin down aswell so im guessin its gna be a big riot afta wat happend on the 8th i think this culd be worse
Thanks for lettin us kno.

mahfuja
08-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Theres going to be a demo in Harrow against Harrow masjid organised by a Right Wing group, please remember this masjid in our duaas insha'Allah. May Allah preserve all our Masjids :)

cat eyes
08-19-2009, 08:21 PM
i haven't been to birmingham yet but i heard its full of asian muslims lol an now i believe it after watchin the vids.. all i could see was a load of asians ;D which is quite cool :statisfie i want to go to birmingham now that i had heard its highly populated with muslims.. anyway could any1 tell me how did this fight start?that the muslim community got involved? did they say anything bad about islam?:cry:

Blackpool
08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i haven't been to birmingham yet but i heard its full of asian muslims lol an now i believe it after watchin the vids.. all i could see was a load of asians ;D which is quite cool :statisfie i want to go to birmingham now that i had heard its highly populated with muslims.. anyway could any1 tell me how did this fight start?that the muslim community got involved? did they say anything bad about islam?:cry:
Yes a few weeks before...

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOwtPJNsAM (Almost kicks off at 07:46)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqGSaQalA-4

The 2nd demo didn't have as many in numbers however.

GuestFellow
08-19-2009, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
Asslamu Alikum.

Yes there was a previous demo. They wanted Muslim extremists out however they had other ill intentions to express. First demo was on 4th of July.

Clover
08-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Does anyone know of any of these in the Southern US? I would love to be in one of these. They look fun, I mean, it's just a huge brawl, that's all it is. I can't say which side, probably neither lol. I am not picky about who I'd go after.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.