08-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Media Tags are no longer supported

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
08-09-2009, 03:42 PM
This is disturbing. Everyone is behaving like hooligans...

Blackpool
08-09-2009, 04:57 PM
There looks to be a few more people in these videos. I think that this could be the future and that we'll see these riots regularly. Had there been as many people as the last demo in Birmingham that was held last month then I believe we'd have had another Bradford riots on our hands.

Muezzin
08-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Why can't every would-be rioter in Birmingham celebrate the true beauty of that fair city?

I speak of course of Crispy Kremes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The_Prince
08-09-2009, 05:11 PM
run run bnp run run.

Blackpool
08-09-2009, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Why can't every would-be rioter in Birmingham celebrate the true beauty of that fair city?

I speak of course of Crispy Kremes.
There are people that are against multiculturalism. With the UK government white people are placed towards the bottom. I agree with the fact that the government looks at white British people as "nothing." You only have to look at the recruitment of the metropolitan police to see this, employment and the housing list. This is where many people get their anger from towards migrants. Muslims also directed their anger towards the Poles a year or 2 ago as the Eastern Europeans started to flood the employment line by smashing car windows etc. It caused a mini-riot between the Eastern European immigrants and Muslims in the bloody UK.

GuestFellow
08-09-2009, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
There are people that are against multiculturalism. With the UK government white people are placed towards the bottom. I agree with the fact that the government looks at white British people as "nothing." You only have to look at the recruitment of the metropolitan police to see this, employment and the housing list. This is where many people get their anger from towards migrants. Muslims also directed their anger towards the Poles a year or 2 ago as the Eastern Europeans started to flood the employment line by smashing car windows etc. It caused a mini-riot between the Eastern European immigrants and Muslims in the bloody UK.
I dislike it when people get angry at immigrants in any country. All these immigrants want is a better lifestyle, where they can raise their children in a safe environment and get them educated. Any good parent would do anything to ensure their children are happy and successful.

If people are unhappy with how the country operates, then direct your problems to the government. They set the rules and they decide how the country is governed.

Blaming multiculturalism or immigrants is only going to cause more conflicts. If people claim the British culture is dying out, it is not due immigrants. It is modernization and how society changes. As years go by, society changes and some people dislike change. The younger generation have their own priorities. Majority of these people that I have met who blame immigrants for British culture dying out, don't know anything about their own country and its history. Purely this is just an excuse to rant.

Amadeus85
08-09-2009, 08:10 PM
As I see from the videos, nowadays my country seems to be the most calm place on the Earth in comparission to multicultural England.

celina
08-09-2009, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
As I see from the videos, nowadays my country seems to be the most calm place on the Earth in comparission to multicultural England.
Birmingham is a lovely place it is probably the most multicultural city in England and Im proud to be a brummie, these riots demonstrate peoples anger because of what the BNPs are doing.

alcurad
08-09-2009, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I dislike it when people get angry at immigrants in any country. All these immigrants want is a better lifestyle, where they can raise their children in a safe environment and get them educated. Any good parent would do anything to ensure their children are happy and successful.

If people are unhappy with how the country operates, then direct your problems to the government. They set the rules and they decide how the country is governed.

Blaming multiculturalism or immigrants is only going to cause more conflicts. If people claim the British culture is dying out, it id not due immigrants. It is modernization and how society changes. As years go by, society changes and some people dislike change. The younger generation have their own priorities. Majority of these people that I have met who blame immigrants for British culture dying out, don't know anything about their own country and its history. Purely this is just an excuse to rant.
desu :thumbs_up

riots are useless, unless you do it like the Iranians last election,,
on an unrelated note, I thought our Adbullahii was all grown up and filming stuff :ooh:

Cabdullahi
08-09-2009, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
desu :thumbs_up

riots are useless, unless you do it like the Iranians last election,,
on an unrelated note, I thought our Adbullahii was all grown up and filming stuff :ooh:

eh?

Ar-RaYYan
08-09-2009, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
[/B]

eh?
He thought you might have been the one that filmed those videos- that is what i thought as well.
Did you go to the demo?

Cabdullahi
08-09-2009, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
He thought you might have been the one that filmed those videos- that is what i thought as well.
Did you go to the demo?
No i didn't go because why should i go to place where there's trouble?

Ar-RaYYan
08-10-2009, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
No i didn't go because why should i go to place where there's trouble?
Some of the people(muslims) that went to the demo didnt see it as trouble more like speaking out against those racist bigots

Blackpool
08-10-2009, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
Some of the people(muslims) that went to the demo didnt see it as trouble more like speaking out against those racist bigots
They didn't really speak out though from what I saw. They went there to riot which is what the likes of the BNP wanted. There was a newspaper that I read today, I think it MIGHT have been The Sun. It shows blacks and muslims chasing a "white guy" down the street and one "white guy" being kicked. It portrayed a message that was of benefit to the BNP. Not everyone knows what started the Birmingham riots or that there even was one so these pictures can be misleading and this can cause public anger towards muslims and blacks.
To me, those rioters played right into the hands of the BNP and its supporters. Congratulations.

GuestFellow
08-10-2009, 09:32 PM
They didn't really speak out though from what I saw. They went there to riot which is what the likes of the BNP wanted. There was a newspaper that I read today, I think it MIGHT have been The Sun. It shows blacks and muslims chasing a "white guy" down the street and one "white guy" being kicked. It portrayed a message that was of benefit to the BNP. Not everyone knows what started the Birmingham riots or that there even was one so these pictures can be misleading and this can cause public anger towards muslims and blacks.
To me, those rioters played right into the hands of the BNP and its supporters. Congratulations.
I agree this is not something to be proud of. It is shameful for a gang to attack an individual and they deserve to be punished.

Snowflake
08-10-2009, 09:33 PM
It's understandable, if Brits are angry at getting a poor deal in their own country. But how are muslims and ethnic minorities to blame? Firstly, we don't make rules and regulations about housing, employment or anything else. WE don't force our way into the country, jobs or housing. Secondly, there are tonnes and tonnes of direlect properties lying vacant all over England. Maybe if the government put money where it's needed it'd solve a lot of grudges. Maybe if outsourcing was prohibited, there'd be more jobs available in the UK. It's them the BNP should be addressing these issue with. To think they don't know who the blame lies with in the first place just goes to show what a bunch of empty headed nutters they really are.

Blackpool
08-10-2009, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
It's understandable, if Brits are angry at getting a poor deal in their own country. But how are muslims and ethnic minorities to blame? Firstly, we don't make rules and regulations about housing, employment or anything else. WE don't force our way into the country, jobs or housing. Secondly, there are tonnes and tonnes of direlect properties lying vacant all over England. Maybe if the government put money where it's needed it'd solve a lot of grudges. Maybe if outsourcing was prohibited, there'd be more jobs available in the UK. It's them the BNP should be addressing these issue with. To think they don't know who the blame lies with in the first place just goes to show what a bunch of empty headed nutters they really are.
I'm not being funny but I don't think you have read or understood my post. I'm referring to the muslims and black rioters on the 8th of August. Rather than walk the streets carrying a Union Jack or holding placards promoting peace and freedom we had Asians and Blacks stupidly thinking fists and violence is the perfect message. In fact, it's the opposite. A newspaper editor took pictures of Asians and Blacks attacking a white individual whilst he was on the floor. The same newspaper editor took a photo of Asians and Blacks chasing another white individual. This doesn't look at all pretty to the average Briton's eyes. This causes anger. With anger you see a rise in the BNP and an increase in tension. Just look at the European MEPs.

Some of you may think that this was good but the fact is that it has only benefited the right-wing parties and the BNP supporters that went there to cause the trouble.

Did anyone notice that The Sun has half a dozen pages referring to "muslims" today since Saturday's incident? It is obviously to increase the public anger further. I wish people would stop playing into their hands and use their heads. Do something CONSTRUCTIVE.

Snowflake
08-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm not being funny but I don't think you have read or understood my post.
Yeh, my apologies. That's me.. :-\

Do something CONSTRUCTIVE.
I have to agree.

The Prophet (saw) was still in his teens when he was invited to witness a treaty signed by the pagan Makkans. He agreed to and honoured that treaty as it was for the economic/social welfare of the people. Years later, he (saw) made mention of it to His companions as an example.

Every needs to get together and come up with solutions rather than come head to head with their differences.

Blackpool
08-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeh, my apologies. That's me.. :-\
No need to apologise. I wasn't trying to be funny at all. I was just giving my view on this as people here have praised the violence against the right-wing activists. It is no victory for anyone other than the BNP. I saw these pictures in the paper today and they will no doubt cause anger.
Had a newspaper snapped a picture of muslims/blacks/asians walking down the street with placards with the words bearing "peace" with Union Jack flags in their hands it would have had much more of an effect and would have been a DEFEAT to the BNP. Take it from me. I once leaned to the right.

alcurad
08-11-2009, 12:46 AM
riots are the most stupid thing, lets face it though, Britannia is quite xenophobic like the rest of Europe :/

Muezzin
08-11-2009, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
riots are the most stupid thing, lets face it though, Britannia is quite xenophobic like the rest of Europe :/
I think all countries are xenophobic to a degree, because all people are xenophobic to a degree.

Humans are messed up. That's why I love us.

Snowflake
08-11-2009, 06:45 PM
=Blackpool;1199723]No need to apologise. I wasn't trying to be funny at all. I was just giving my view on this as people here have praised the violence against the right-wing activists. It is no victory for anyone other than the BNP. I saw these pictures in the paper today and they will no doubt cause anger.
Had a newspaper snapped a picture of muslims/blacks/asians walking down the street with placards with the words bearing "peace" with Union Jack flags in their hands it would have had much more of an effect and would have been a DEFEAT to the BNP. Take it from me.
It's ok.. I know you wasn't being funny. Actually I had no idea this incident had even happened. :hiding: Again, I agree with what you say.

I once leaned to the right.
Interesting. Do you mind me asking what swayed you back to the left again? Or are you in the middle somewhere? :?

Amadeus85
08-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Last time similar things hapenned in Poland 80 and 70 years ago, when we were a multicultural country. In a country of about 30 million people we had about 4 millions Ukrainians, 3 millions jews, 1,5 millions Belarusians,600 thousands Germans, 140 thousands Russians, 80 thousands Lithuanians. It was a colourful country, where in parliament catholic priests sit next to orthodox rabins and those next to lutherans who sat close to orthodox Ukrainians. It had specific climate, maybe close to the american mix of cultures, however in Poland those times each minority (as well as 70% polish majority) sticked close to their religion and culture. It was good in times of peace, although that the fights between polish youths and jews, Poles and Ukrainians were very frequent and brutal. This is what the UK may expect in next decades. Unfortunately, when II World War burst, many Ukrainians began to murder us in cooperation with Nazi Germans, jews were often involved in cooperation with Soviets, about the acts of polish Germans its not even worth to mention, just to say that many of their young joined Hitlerjugend. So I think that multiculturalism may work not bad in times of peace, but in moments of crisis and war, things are getting much worse, nation is divided, chaos appears, each group think about themselves.

جوري
08-12-2009, 12:05 AM
I am sorry but reading this back and forth, England sounds like an awful unfriendly barbaric place.. I am starting to appreciate all those airline commercials on how cheap it is to get to London for only $379.. it sounds like a dump..

I hope I didn't offend you people (especially Muslim brits) but just seems really unwelcoming...

Blackpool
08-12-2009, 12:05 AM
It's ok.. I know you wasn't being funny. Actually I had no idea this incident had even happened. :hiding: Again, I agree with what you say.

Interesting. Do you mind me asking what swayed you back to the left again? Or are you in the middle somewhere? :?
I lean towards the Centre-right. I'm not a left-wing but I'm not right-wing either. I once looked at muslims as terrorists and sympathisers of terrorism. I used to refuse to get into a taxi that had an Asian (who I would presume to be muslim) appearance. I was pretty much a strict "anti-muslim." There were certain things that angered me and a few years ago the pictures in the newspaper would have left me fuming.

What changed my view? I work with muslims, I've played football with muslims and most of all I get an idea of the way muslims think on certain issues on this forum. This forum has definately cleared a few things for me.

Snowflake
08-12-2009, 12:48 AM
^:D

Thanks for sharing!

andy.stenson
09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Id like to say that as a white Brummy too, and having lived in Alum Rock and alot of other inner-city multicultural areas of Birmingham I am proud to say that I have a lot of friends in the Muslim faith, but what I witnessed on Saturday was a complete disgrace. I also detest those right-wing BNP lot, (whatever banner they are hiding under, they are still completely ignorant and narrow-minded). However the reaction by these gangs of young Asians and Somalians was disgusting and to all the innocent bystanders witnessing these events it was the throngs of Muslim youths who were the worst 'racists' on that day. Burning the Union Jack, attacking wholly innocent bystanders just for being white and now I hear making Alum Rock and parts of the Coventry Road 'no-go areas' for English. Now I know that the local Asian populace has had to endure racism in this country for the last few generations, but the way that the youth have dealt with a small minority of BNP who came into our city can only reignite the anger and hatred. At the moment the average white man from suburbia only sees what the media shows him and now and again scenes like on Saturday and when he sees things like this- it is playing right into the BNPs hands. Presently a lot of middle England citizens are scared to speak out against what they see happening because of the fear of being put into that catagory of the scum BNP and find it hard to express thereselves about the state of the country, (I truly believe that the EDL were not set up as a racist organisation just as they claim but the left wing groups are quick to brand anybody as a facist nowadays, and of course the BNP scum do infiltrate these kinds of groups) but when they see Asians acting in this way it is hard for them not to, and in my humble opinion we are headed towards major civil unrest. Remember what happened in other parts of the city over the false claims made on a black pirate raduio station and the aftermath of that, it really doesn't take much to end years of mutual cohabitance. More Asian people need to speak up and also condemn acts like this in the same way that most English people condemn the BNP scum. I think you will find that most people living in this country want the same things, nobody really wants our armies fighting losing battles in Muslim regions, nor do we really want the open door policy to new waves of immigrants, because of the lack of infrastructure in this country to cope with the burden, we all want to progress as a country and have a feeling of togetherness and unity that we can all be proud of no matter what race- but I suppose this will never happen if we deal with issues by protests and riots- it's just going to get worse, MUCH WORSE.

Blackpool
09-09-2009, 09:13 AM
There is a prediction that there will be a civil war on the streets of Britain in the near future. Looking at what is going off despite Asians/Muslims being the minority I'm afraid to say that I wouldn't put money against it.
With the contribution of the media, the silence of muslims, and the extremism of some I seriously do feel it's brewing. The anger is there but at the moment there is no spark....yet.

aadil77
09-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Theres going to be another one on sept 11 outside harrow central mosque, right after friday prayers,

they've timed it just right, they'll be looking to get a mosque full of muslims to come out and play

Blackpool
09-09-2009, 09:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Theres going to be another one on sept 11 outside harrow central mosque, right after friday prayers,

they've timed it just right, they'll be looking to get a mosque full of muslims to come out and play
The EDL are now demonstrating in Manchester next month. It seems they've finished with Birmingham as they aim to go national.

Amadeus85
09-09-2009, 10:30 AM
There is a prediction that there will be a civil war on the streets of Britain in the near future. Looking at what is going off despite Asians/Muslims being the minority I'm afraid to say that I wouldn't put money against it.
With the contribution of the media, the silence of muslims, and the extremism of some I seriously do feel it's brewing. The anger is there but at the moment there is no spark....yet.
I think that You are very wrong. There will be no civil war in England. In secular, liberal democracy muslims will gain more and more political power. They will become mayors (just like Rotterdam now has a muslim mayor), ministers, Your english Left already looks for muslim Obama in UK. Any anti muslim riot, be it BNP or EDL will be thrown against english police. English people fed with multiculturalism, liberalism and secularism will stay quiet in homes, because muslim ministers in goverment won't allow to hurt english muslims by any rioters. They will send your own, english police (of course multicultural) against you. I am a Pole, I dont wish you bad, moreover, I'm a fan of old, pre-60's England, fan of your english culture and achievments.( I hope that my copatriots in England dont bring shame on our country, as I know that many uneducated Poles come to UK nowadays). But You must realize that old England is gone, and the multiculturalism means that aliens will settle at your english ground, take over suburbs, towns and streets. In liberal, secular democratic England, Your country will stop being english in a natural, democratic way. But maybe Englishmen need big shock, to understand that secular- democratic illusion brings them nihility and the only answer it traditional, christian, 1000 year old system, which would make you all again feel like at home.

Blackpool
09-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I certainly wouldn't bet against it from happening. A European Civil War is predicted to erupt by 2025 which you can google a few. It would be disastrous for both sides. Not enough is being done on the muslim side to combat extremism and coupled with the actions of some at the riots it will build up anger. There is always a limit to tolerance.

Rabi'ya
09-09-2009, 12:35 PM
:sl:

I just tried to view the videos but they have all been removed :(

GuestFellow
09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

Oh great another one. >_>

Birmingham protests and brutality
I certainly wouldn't bet against it from happening. A European Civil War is predicted to erupt by 2025 which you can google a few. It would be disastrous for both sides. Not enough is being done on the muslim side to combat extremism and coupled with the actions of some at the riots it will build up anger. There is always a limit to tolerance.
Ah the government have taken many actions to combat extremists. They increased security measures at public transport, more awareness on the topic and we are keep being reminded so many times on the news, government authorities are keeping track on any terrorist activities that could likely to occur and so on. Even the Muslim community in Bristol stopped a dangerous youth from committing terrorist activities by reporting it to the police. What more do the people want?

Muslims are laypeople. They cannot combat against extremists practically. Majority of Muslims do not support extremists.

The September 11 attacks were condemned in the strongest terms by virtually all Islamic leaders, organizations, and countries. TheGrand Mufti of Saudi Arabia summarized that, "...hijacking planes, terrorizing innocent people and shedding blood, constitute a form of injustice that cannot be tolerated by Islam, which views them as gross crimes and sinful acts."

We don't even hear what Muslims have to say about these events. The media is simply not interested. They rather create moral panic and get more publicity. It is the job of the police to combat against extremists. They have the expertise and resources to do so.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.